Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2010-04-23, 12:06 AM in reply to Hayduke's post starting "It seems to me good and evil only..."
That's exactly my point though. People came here to flee religious persecution. Where did we end back up? I can guarantee you eventually (and probably soon, from the look of things) there will be some sort of anti-religion revolution. And I can pretty much guarantee you religion will come back, as long as anti-religion is there. Dualities are essentially "illusions" that drive change. Happiness and sadness, good and evil, right and wrong, hot and cold, whatever. I like to think of it like a Sine wave.

And basically, the harder that people or forces or whatever pull things in one direction (say, up or down), the "noisier" the wave and the stronger the other side will come back. You could say that the "amplitude" of the wave is defined by the strength of the force acting on the wave.

And I'm not suggesting that everyone should just sit around and do nothing. The whole point of the system is to promote change and I think change is a good thing. I just think we are capable of evolving the system to where we can have change in a harmonious way.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2010-04-23 at 12:09 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-23, 12:36 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That's exactly my point though. People..."
That seems flawless in theory, but in reality the world has been in a constant decline in almost every way since the dawn of industrial civilization.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hayduke

Posted 2010-04-24, 09:58 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That's exactly my point though. People..."
Holy crap that was awesome...
So, let me see if I get what you said, exactly, K_A.
When one of them is intense (Anti-religion revolution) the other will become be less intense, but in the end, it will wiggle back the opposite way, later (religion comes back afterward)? Or did I get that all wrong?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-24, 10:22 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Holy crap that was awesome... :eek:..."
It sounds like you've got the right idea. And basically, I'm saying "harmony" and "peace" are when the wiggles are smaller and smaller (as in, more people pulling toward the center than the extremes.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-24, 12:36 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It sounds like you've got the right..."
I feel like the only way your theory could be correct is if the periods in between each peak we're drastically longer. Like over the course of multiple centuries.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hayduke

Posted 2010-04-24, 05:58 PM in reply to Hayduke's post starting "I feel like the only way your theory..."
Actually, my theory has gotten even more bizarre lately. I think it's actually like a sine wave with waves in it. The "waves in the wave" would be the period between each wave (which gets longer and longer over time, and then shorter and shorter over time) and the amplitude from one wave to the next (which gets bigger and bigger over time and then smaller and smaller over time.) I haven't thought it out much past that though, because I think it will most likely end up being an infinitely complex wave which kinda becomes pointless to talk about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-24, 11:19 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Actually, my theory has gotten even..."
You could try with another picture. I think I have an idea what you mean though... I'm guessing from what I remember in class (a good two montsh ago) that it would probably look like the one above, but with a bunch more little wiggles attached to the big wiggles, and they start close together, come apart, then back together, right?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-25, 09:19 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "You could try with another picture. I..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
I'm guessing from what I remember in class (a good two montsh ago) that it would probably look like the one above, but with a bunch more little wiggles attached to the big wiggles, and they start close together, come apart, then back together, right?
Yep. I don't have a picture handy at the moment but it sounds like you know what I'm talking about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-25, 10:54 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yep. I don't have a picture handy at..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
but it sounds like you know what I'm talking about.
ITT: Miracles
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2010-04-25, 11:05 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "ITT: Miracles"
Well, when you have three science classes, and can't afford to fail any more, you do seem to learn a few things.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-25, 01:57 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "ITT: Miracles"
Grav said: [Goto]
ITT: Miracles
ITT: rofls and pancakes
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-25, 08:19 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "ITT: rofls and pancakes"
Ooo, now I'm hungry.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-26, 01:26 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Ooo, now I'm hungry. :o"
Quote:
I can guarantee you eventually (and probably soon, from the look of things) there will be some sort of anti-religion revolution.
I tend to believe the extremely religious would want this to occur near 2012 considering all of the prophecies and biblicial significance, but it won't happen. There won't be an anti-religion revolution, no, the 'greatest-generation' folks are starting to die out, and once they're all gone, the base of the ignorance movement is going to be demolished.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-04-26, 07:11 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I tend to believe the extremely..."
Unless, of course, you look around. Alot of young people - believe it or not - are becoming highly religious. My guess is, they have kids. Those kids are raised religious. It builds back to the normal thing. Or, in other worlds, the wiggles meet up in the middle.
And quite honestly, I don't think anyone, religious or not, who has any brains believes in 2012. Yeah, nine different psychics, callenders, fortune telling toys, etc. all point at it, but it's definately a bunch of crap.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-26, 10:45 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I tend to believe the extremely..."
D3V said: [Goto]
I tend to believe the extremely religious would want this to occur near 2012 considering all of the prophecies and biblicial significance, but it won't happen. There won't be an anti-religion revolution, no, the 'greatest-generation' folks are starting to die out, and once they're all gone, the base of the ignorance movement is going to be demolished.
I agree with what you're saying, I think we're just disagreeing on a minor point. I would agree that religion is going to die over time (and I believe it already is.) I just think the signs are pointing toward a big crash coming, rather than the expected steady fall. It seems to me like people are finally starting to question their "authorities" more frequently, and the more people who join the side of rationality, the more people you have realizing the evil behind religion. The more people who realize that religion is evil, the more likely there will be a revolution of sorts.

I don't think it is necessarily just toward religion, either. I think individuals are starting to realize that they can think as individuals rather than listen to Gods and Saints. But I think it has worldly roots as well with government. We're hearing more and more about corrupt politicians, corrupt cops, fucked up tax laws and stupid laws in general (like drug laws).

Change is coming, in one way or another, that fact is unavoidable.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-27, 09:04 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I agree with what you're saying, I..."
Quote:
Change is coming, in one way or another, that fact is unavoidable.
I can't wait.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-04-27, 08:21 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I can't wait."
I can't care less.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-28, 09:37 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I agree with what you're saying, I..."
Quote:
I don't think it is necessarily just toward religion, either. I think individuals are starting to realize that they can think as individuals rather than listen to Gods and Saints. But I think it has worldly roots as well with government. We're hearing more and more about corrupt politicians, corrupt cops, fucked up tax laws and stupid laws in general (like drug laws).
Sort of like an age of enlightenment? I think the fact that our world is more networked and inetertwined more than ever plays a huge significance in your point. People are statrting to realize how the world is ran, and how corrupt religions are around the world. Not only the religions around here but other countries and their religious influence and how it is used to control the masses.

I don't know if we were raised differently to ask questions, not take things as they seem. Skepticism is a hard thing to come by, and we need more of it in our world.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-04-28, 07:40 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Sort of like an age of enlightenment? I..."
So... after religion is erased, what becomes corrupt in it's place? Afterall, when something works and fails, you don't give up, you just tweak it a little. If religion can't brainwash people anymore, what does?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-29, 09:53 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "So... after religion is erased, what..."
Greed.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V