Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

An idea
Posted 2004-06-29, 09:50 AM
Has anyone thought of becoming a professional D2 player? Have about 8 copies of the game running on bots all day, every day, and sell everything you find for about 10 bucks on ebay. That's like 50-100 bucks a day. Considering all that is coming from playing a game, I wouldn't call that too bad. Someone should try it out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-06-29, 09:59 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "An idea"
Bah! But that would mean I'd have to make 8 different MF sorcs :-\. I've thought about it, but I don't plan to do it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-06-29, 10:31 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Bah! But that would mean I'd have to..."
Are you fucking kidding? If you can get $100 per day for doing nothing, fucking do it.

Anyhow, when the new ladder starts, if anyone wants to put something like this together, I'll make some accounts/characters for a cut. I've probably got a friend who'd do it too. Hell, I'd probably even run the bot (somebody show me how to multibot) from... midnight to 5pm every day.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-06-29, 11:05 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Are you fucking kidding? If you can..."
Blizzard and the IRS would hate this. Don't think the IRS could catch anyone but they are nearly omnipotent.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Princess_Hibed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPrincess_Hibed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Princess_Hibed

Posted 2004-06-29, 11:29 AM in reply to Princess_Hibed's post starting "Blizzard and the IRS would hate this. ..."
Um...

1. There's currently no policy that says you can't sell the usage of items that you find in Blizzard's game.
2. There's no policy that says you can't play extended amounts of time.
3. There's no policy that says you can't sell things on Ebay.

Using facts 1, 2, and 3, I see no problem with the IRS in this situation. At worst, you have to report it as taxable income (which would be about... $12 per $100 you make I believe).
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-06-29, 11:31 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Um... 1. There's currently no..."
MJordan, if you really want to do this, you should get in contact with someone 'KenjiWing' I recall his name being... get a clientless bot (no d2 window), and you can run hundreds of bot's on a good computer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-06-29, 11:44 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "MJordan, if you really want to do this,..."
how can u sell ur stuff in ebay do u have to have bank account to do that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-06-29, 11:46 AM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "how can u sell ur stuff in ebay do u..."
Paypal, or checks I guess.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-06-29, 11:47 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "MJordan, if you really want to do this,..."
`Insolence` said:
MJordan, if you really want to do this, you should get in contact with someone 'KenjiWing' I recall his name being... get a clientless bot (no d2 window), and you can run hundreds of bot's on a good computer.
I'm not seriously thinking about diong this, but I was just wondering if anyone had ever tried. It would be an interesting thing to try, but I haven't touched D2 in a long time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-06-29, 02:50 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I'm not seriously thinking about diong..."
I think the IRS or Blizzard would have a different slant on this if it was meant as a casual thing, i.e., the occasional sale on ebay of a rune or uber item - irregular income. If, however, this was meant as a full-time occupation then the IRS would consider it earned income. It would mean a lot of paperwork to do legit: tax forms, bank statements, etc.

This actually poses a good question: who owns, in a legal sense, the equipment I use? Me or Blizzard? I don't really know. Medieval Bob's comments are to the point however, there is no current rule against it that I know of.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Princess_Hibed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPrincess_Hibed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Princess_Hibed

Posted 2004-06-29, 03:00 PM in reply to Princess_Hibed's post starting "I think the IRS or Blizzard would have..."
The items are property of Blizzard. Your just selling to time put into finding them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2004-06-29, 03:55 PM in reply to badboy's post starting "The items are property of Blizzard...."
Ya, there was a big thing about selling EQ items. People sold em on ebay, but there was a big statement made that people didn't own the items. Sony owned the items. So, people sold the "time they spent acquiring the items." I even saw one auction for a button. Whoever won the auction for the button would recieve, at no extra charge, a level 60 wizard on EQ.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-06-29, 03:58 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Ya, there was a big thing about selling..."
Anyway you could also make a site to lvl up peoples chars, to a certain level and rush them through hell and charge them money. That way you just lvl someone up, and you can still sell items to them.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-06-29, 04:40 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "An idea"
I've debated this.

Problem is, it'd have to be done from several computers, since only 4 connections per IP address can be done. Since I run all my computers thru a router, that STILL means only 4 connections.

Also, most things your bot would find in a day, people don't want to buy (since their bots would get roughly the same thing).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-06-29, 05:21 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I've debated this. Problem is, it'd..."
............. First of all, I am a ebay seller, sold over thousand of items, i have 600+ feedback, sorry your idea will not work. Bot items = shit, when you sell them = shit, 1 actuion most likely you will get 1 to 3 dollar for your bot items. The only way you can make real not shity money off d2 , is learn how to hack, learn programing and dupe this shit out, that's the only way you can make money off d2. People who do this spend time on making dupe/hack not bot, and bot money > your electrical bill, trust me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-06-29, 05:38 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "............. First of all, I am a ebay..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-06-29, 06:10 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
would be interesting at least
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dgpnd81 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendgpnd81 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dgpnd81

Posted 2004-06-29, 06:27 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Shinto Katana said:
Oo, not if its a fresh new ladder with no bugs in it, and no dupes. people will pay for the good legit items.
..... Again, no dupe? you got to be kiding me, i bet after couple day of patch 1.10 come out, dupe already exist along many hackers. there are million of them thinking like you, they will start botting. The only way you can beat them is not wait for a stupid pub bot to come out, but make your own bot/ hack/ dupe, that's only way to make good money.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga