Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

The United States Emerges Victorious Once Again
Posted 2004-08-26, 07:24 AM
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just beat spain (the first letter of their country's name doesn't deserve to be capitalized) 102-91, who was 5-0 in pool play. Stephon Marbury had 31 points and 6 three pointers, both records for any USA team. All I have to say is it sucks to have to play the United States in the first round.

After the game coach piscaro, or whatever the fuck his name is, (Spanish coach. Notice, his name doesn't deserve to be capitalized either) tried to get into a fight with Larry Brown. Well, I'm going to go into a little rant here, so don't read if you don't want. I hope Zelaron gets big enough to where he one day reads this.

WE WON! WE WON! HAHAHAHA! YOU SUCK. YOU LOST. HAHA. YOUR TEAM SUCKED, BUT ONLY BECAUSE YOU COACHED THEM. IN YOUR EYE! IN YOUR MOTHERFUCKING EYE! AND IF YOU HADN'T BEEN RESTRAINED I BET YOU LARRY BROWN WOULD HAVE WHOOPED YOUR ASS IN A FIGHT AS WELL. WE WON! YOU SUCK. I'M OUT!

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2004-08-26 at 07:48 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-08-26, 07:51 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "The United States Emerges Victorious..."
This is what newsday.com had to say about it:

Quote:
ATHENS -- Larry Brown was right. The Americans did eventually start hitting their jump shots.

Stephon Marbury set a U.S. Olympic record with 31 points, and the team that spent the first week and a half of the Athens Games missing jumpers finally found its range in a 102-94 victory against Spain in the quarterfinals Thursday.

The Americans made 12 3-pointers and knocked the previously undefeated Spaniards out of medal contention with their best all-around performance of the games.

They didn't let a large foul disparity rattle them, knocked down their free throws when they needed them and surpassed 100 points for the first time in the tournament.

Marbury broke the U.S. record of 30 points shared by Charles Barkley (1992 vs. Brazil) and Adrian Dantley (1976 vs. Yugoslavia).

As the teams left the court, Brown and Spanish coach Mario Pesquera were pointing angrily at each other and had to be separated by their assistants.

Allen Iverson added 16 points, Carlos Boozer had 12 and Lamar Odom 11 for the Americans, who advanced to the semifinals against the winner of the Argentina-Greece game.

Pau Gasol led Spain with 29 points but was held to just four in the fourth quarter by a tenacious American defensive effort.

Duncan scored the Americans' first five points and blocked Spain's first shot, but he was on the bench just 4 1/2 minutes into the quarter and stayed there for the rest of the first half after picking up two fouls. The U.S. team made four of its first five 3-point attempts, and the first quarter ended in a 25-25 tie.

In a seesaw second quarter, the Americans went ahead by eight points, feeding off the defensive energy of Dwyane Wade, before Spain rallied with an 11-0 run. The United States led 44-43 at halftime despite giving up 18 points to Gasol and being called for 14 of the game's 19 fouls.

Marbury hit a pair of 3s early in the third quarter, and Brown took a risk by leaving Duncan in after he picked up his third foul with 5:22 left. Marbury reached 21 points -- matching his total from the Americans' first five games -- on a 3-pointer that gave the U.S. team a 63-56 lead.

A 7-0 run by Spain tied the game, but Carmelo Anthony ended the quarter with a 3-pointer to give the Americans a 74-67 lead.

Odom drew his fifth and final foul with 5:29 left and the Americans ahead 80-73, and it was 82-78 when Marbury hit the team's 12th 3-pointer. Duncan's putback increased the lead to 87-78.

Gasol didn't score his first points of the fourth quarter until 2:02 remained, and the Americans made seven straight free throws after Spain started intentionally fouling to stay comfortably ahead.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-08-26, 08:13 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "This is what newsday.com had to say..."
Not being a supporter for either team I enjoyed watching this match, especially the first half. Spain made a really nice point, when one passed and the other dunked it in. Too bad I didnt see the angry coaches going at eachother cause they stopped the broadcast when the game ended . GG!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2004-08-26, 09:41 AM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "Not being a supporter for either team I..."
Yay we won! And because you are so cocky right now MJ, we will probably lose next round.. GJ...

But if not!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-26, 09:52 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Yay we won! And because you are so..."
Of course I'm cocky, we're the USA.

But the only reason I'm like this is because I just want to see that hot-headed, cocky ass Spanish coach out of medal contention.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-08-26, 10:18 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Of course I'm cocky, we're the USA. ..."
Hahaha good reason. Go US!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-08-26, 10:27 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Hahaha good reason. Go US!"
"Go USA, Go" kid in Mighty Ducks 2.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-08-26, 12:22 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "The United States Emerges Victorious..."
Better watch out, Sirp might get you...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-08-26, 01:16 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Better watch out, Sirp might get you..."
..die

U S A ALL THE WAY!

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-08-27, 12:57 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "..die U S A ALL THE WAY!"
I know usa will get gold medal because they are they only one can play basketball better then other country.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-08-27, 10:02 AM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "I know usa will get gold medal because..."
Yeah, but their team play isn't all that impressive. They just put a bunch of studs on a team and didn't really think out what type of players they were.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-27, 12:56 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Yeah, but their team play isn't all..."
They just lost to Argentina

Behind a monster game by Spurs star Manu Ginobili, Argentina stopped the United States 89-81 in today's men's basketball semifinals.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-08-27, 12:59 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "They just lost to Argentina ..."
Hah, why am I not surprised..

Sorry MJ..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-27, 01:07 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Hah, why am I not surprised.. :( ..."
Yea, sorry MJ.

It had to happen this way. If the US still won the gold they wouldn't change shit about how they pick the USA basketball team members. At least now the USA Olympic committee has something to think about and things will, as opposed to may, change. Although this may be rashÂ… all American NBA players that refuse to play for team USA in the Olympic games should get deported to Iraq. Go join a radical Islamic group, fucking traitors.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-08-27, 01:36 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Yea, sorry MJ. It had to happen this..."
That game was fucking ridicolous. The US looks horrible. They have all along, its sad that we got beat by a gay ass team like argentina, pathetic. Oh well, learn from your mistakes, and try again.

Emberassment.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-08-27, 01:39 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "That game was fucking ridicolous. The..."
Fucking pathetic. I'm too perturbed to even fucking comment right now. This was pitiful. With a USA team, it shouldn't be "Are we going to win or lose," it should be "are we going to win by 20 or 50." Fuck it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-08-27, 02:29 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Fucking pathetic. I'm too perturbed to..."
Ha, sorry MJ. Our americans looked like retards out there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-27, 10:47 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "Ha, sorry MJ. Our americans looked like..."
What we should have done is sent the Detroit Pistons over there, they woulda stomped the FUCK outta those bitch ass Europeans. Shit, even the championship losers the Lakers woulda been fine against any of them. When you slap together a team suddenly before the 'Games you can't expcet too much, then again we are the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA[U][I][B]

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V