Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Post The Matrix Reloaded is here.
Posted 2003-05-14, 11:20 AM
Movies.com took in a press screening of The Matrix Reloaded and offers this report:
We know you have questions, so we'll try to answer them. Here we go:

Q: First, were you frisked for recording devices? I heard security at theaters is going to be tighter than Carrie-Anne Moss' PVC pants.
A: Surprisingly, despite a detailed memo warning journalists to expect a thorough pat-down and search, a shakedown never materialized. Our book bag was examined almost as an afterthought. But that doesn't mean you should try sneaking a camcorder in.

Q: How badass is Neo?
A: Pretty badass. He can stop dozens of bullets merely by raising his hand. Whoa! Plus, the dude is stronger, faster, and (get this) he can fly! When he does, he's described as "doing his Superman thing."

Q: What's this I hear about all these Agent Smiths?
A: It's true. During the movie's most incredible fight scene, Neo at first fends off one Agent Smith, then two, then 12, then dozens more, until he's eventually battling roughly 100 of 'em (Weaving, 12 look-alike stuntmen, and the magic of special effects created the illusion). At one point, there's a gigantic doggie pile, with Neo on the bottom, and you can't help but think, "How about doing your Superman thing now?"

Q: What new characters stand out?
A: The freaky, white-dreadlocked evil twins are pretty cool, and Monica Bellucci's Persephone is drop-dead gorgeous, but it's her husband — the powerful, pompous, and French-speaking Merovingian (Lambert Wilson) — who gets off some of the movie's best lines. Example: After Neo performs awesome aerials and quickly dispatches some of his henchmen, Merovingian deadpans, "OK, you have some skills."

Q: Without giving too much away, how cool is that chase sequence I keep hearing about?
A: On this aspect at least, believe the hype. It's dizzying, death-defying, and damn exciting. Plus, it's 14 minutes long. It features tons of gunfire, fights inside cars and on the tops of speeding semis, and a bullet-bike ride that's out-of-this-world wild. You'll be blown away, gripping your seat's armrests, with your eyes glued to the screen.

Q: Is the "To Be Concluded" ending as brutal as rumored?
A: No. The movie ends on a bit of a cliffhanger, sure, but it's not during the middle of an action scene or anything cruel like that.

Q: Last question: I heard you should stick around after the end credits because the trailer for The Matrix Revolutions is shown.
A: Two warnings: The credits must be the longest in the history of cinema. Hundreds and hundreds of names and titles go by … for a good 10-15 minutes. So you can easily sneak away to the restroom and return in time. But the Revolutions clip is a true teaser, lasting about 30 seconds and offering little but a hint of a final battle between Agent Smith and Neo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2003-05-14, 05:00 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
got tickets to a screening in my area for tonight
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2003-05-14, 09:06 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
gonna see it first day
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-05-14, 10:24 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
Got two tickets to the 7pm showing on Thursday... and I've preordered Enter the Matrix... picking it up right before I go to see the movie.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-05-14, 11:06 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
So tell me what it was like.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-05-15, 07:54 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
Neo spends a lot of time "doing his Superman thing". When he does so a high enough speeds, everything in his path is devestated...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-05-15, 08:19 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
That sounds so insanely good, I must see it!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-05-15, 02:26 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
I already saw it. It was hella sweet. :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2003-05-15, 02:29 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
Aw... the movie isnt on the cinemas yet on Sweden :|. Six days left.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-05-16, 10:08 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
I saw the first wave in us at 10:30 wendsday. Nice action really k[]()|.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zethilone is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzethilone is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zethilone

Posted 2003-05-17, 03:53 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
Mr.Lee said:
Aw... the movie isnt on the cinemas yet on Sweden :|. Six days left.
6 days in germany
I, S, A zum R wer von euch denkt hier er könnte mehr, als die Berliner Bären? Adrenalin Musik direkt aus Kreuzberg!
Ich mache harte Musik auf harte Beats, wie diesen hier. Hinter mir Untergrundkrieger die mit mir maschieren als Team! Seit Jahren seh ich sie alle an uns vorbeiziehen, erst Savas dann Aggro, es ist Zeit für?! ADRENALIN!!!

You missed me? I'M BACK!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiDDaR

Posted 2003-05-17, 10:32 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
Well it's out here I'm just to lazy to go see it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-05-17, 03:21 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
I skipped school to see it....It was fuckin awsome. Even though i thought the first one was better
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2003-05-20, 08:45 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
it wasn't as good as i thought it would be but the scenes were unbelievably good except the lamo superman aerial sweep... and I'd say the first one was a bit better on the storyline. Reloaded lacked on story but lots of packed action.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2003-05-20, 09:02 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
It really didn't lack on story line though. It was a confusing story line, but not lacking. There is a lot more to take in than the first one, which is the crazy part.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-05-25, 05:03 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
Titusfied said:
It really didn't lack on story line though. It was a confusing story line, but not lacking. There is a lot more to take in than the first one, which is the crazy part.
yup yup. i hear the story line was lacking from everybody, go and see it, and my head comes out spinning until i think about some of the stuff. saw it a second time and it was better and much easier to understand.

cool little connection between the first and second is the architects office. when neo is being brought in by the agents, it shows a bunch of his tv's and slowly zooms in on the one.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2003-05-25, 06:05 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
I)ark_Phoenix said:
except the lamo superman aerial sweep...
I thought the superman thing looked pretty cool..
-Scorpicore
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Scorpicore is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenScorpicore is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Scorpicore

Posted 2003-05-25, 06:07 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
Yeah, the way all the cars and shit were getting sucked in behind him from his backdraft was cool as shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-05-26, 08:10 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
I must say the sword fight scene was the best of all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-05-28, 07:33 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Matrix Reloaded is here."
Loved it, though I thought it started out rather... boring. It got better though.

And heck yes, the swordfight was great.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube