Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Hellsing OVA II Preview
Posted 2006-07-27, 05:53 AM
Just incase any of you are excited about this upcoming release as I am.

http://www.orcavision.co.jp/asx/gene...701bb_SDRa.asx
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-07-27, 10:23 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Hellsing OVA II Preview"
it's been so long since i watched hellsing that i almost forgot that they're coming out with another season. is it going to be brand new with new plots and everything, or did they just remake the first one? either way, i can't wait.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dirty_sox3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendirty_sox3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dirty_sox3

Posted 2006-07-27, 11:55 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Hellsing OVA II Preview"
The delays between releases dull it for me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-07-27, 09:42 PM in reply to dirty_sox3's post starting "it's been so long since i watched..."
It's both. The first series was completed early on in the manga's release, so only the first 6 episodes or so are true the manga. Anything after that was made up.

This new one does a remake of those six episodes and packs it into two episodes. From what I understand, anything after that is brand new to anime but is true to the manga.

This is what I have read off of forums though, nothing that was officially said by the production companies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-07-28, 03:22 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "It's both. The first series was..."
good ova =D. Definitely gorey. A- =P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-07-29, 08:52 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "It's both. The first series was..."
i see. i always meant to pick up the manga from the stores, but always forgets when i get there. is the manga worth reading?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dirty_sox3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendirty_sox3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dirty_sox3

Posted 2006-07-30, 11:48 AM in reply to dirty_sox3's post starting "i see. i always meant to pick up the..."
I have volume one. Had it for probably 2-3 years. I reread it once in a while and it's still good eveyr time around. The art is really nice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-08-11, 12:35 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I have volume one. Had it for probably..."
Yo folks, dont you know anything about Hellsing at all? Let me enlighten you!
Hellsing OVA is to be based strictly off of the manga, which by the way, totally kicks ass. Go out and buy it. The series is still unfinished by Kouta Hirano, as he is up to manga book 7 out of his projected 10. Book 8 was recently released in Japan I believe, check the net you can find scanslations of it if you look hard enough.

The OVAs are being released such as 1 OVA episode equals one manga book.
So there is going to be around 10 episodes of the OVA, maybe more in Kouta includes scenes from The Dawn, which was another manga he is in the process of writing that follows Alucard and Walter during World War II. In one of the previews I DID see scenes from The Dawn, so...theyre in there. Might be more than 10 OVA's.

The original anime was substantially lacking in characters in the manga, infamous characters such as Rip Van Winkle, Warrant Officer Schrodinger, The Mad Major (AKA Max.....not MAXwell, the two are seperate characters) Heinkle and Yumi (Other folks who work with the Vatican, alongside Alexander Anderson and are about the equivalent of him), The Dandy, Zorin Blitz, Doc, and Captain. Forgive me if I missed any, there are quite a few.

Incognito will NOT be in the OVA A) because he sucked and b) he was never in the original manga!

OVA's will be released 2 volumes per year for a time period of five years.

Another thing to look forward to about the OVA is that you realize Hellsing follows SERAS, rather than Alucard. Alucard is more like a side character in the manga who comes and beats the crap out of just about anyone. Of course, so far (up to book 7) Seras has not really fought anyone, save for Zorin Blitz, after she killed Pip. See? Theres another character I forgot.

If anyone would like more information on OVA email me at nightperson15@yahoo.com with your question. Ill try to get back to you fairly quickly!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Reda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenReda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Reda

Posted 2006-08-11, 07:17 PM in reply to Reda's post starting "Yo folks, dont you know anything about..."
Yeaaaah they are going to need to fix that whole 'released over five years' kinda thing -.-.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign