Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Been a while since I wrote something worthwhile
Posted 2009-03-24, 07:44 PM
"The Glass of Memories at the End of the Hallway"

The glass began to fracture, soon shattering into thousands of shards. I stood there silently, watching as thousands of my memories began to disappear and become tiny little pieces of what they once were. Some of the shards cut my hands, some my face, one or two impaled my thigh. Yet I was unable to move or respond, forever captured by the odd, seemingly physical representation of my memories shatter and be destroyed.

I still reached forward, thinking that it could possibly stop at least a few precious bits of my memory that had been etched into the glass to stop, but it did not. It only cut me more and more.

"Jim!" yelled a familiar voice behind me.

I wanted to turn around to see whom it was, but I didn't. I took a step forward and walked past the raining shards of my glass memory. I was genuinely taken aback when I came to realize that the rain of shards had ended before I took that step. I slowly turned around, blood trickling from my fingers and face and from my thigh to see a woman I know I had known at one point in time.

She stood there, wearing a skin-tight one piece dress made of black leather. It was strapless and a bit worn down from the weather and time itself. The bottom of it reached to the middle of her pale thighs, a slight cut running up to invite some john to find their way into a bit of paradise. Her short, black hair whipped back and forth in the wind from outside, sometimes covering up her pale blue eyes, which conveyed their concern much better given the dark mascara and eye shadow about her face. Her ebony colored lips quivered while she reached out to come to me.

"Jim, please, don't go!" she screamed.

I looked down, away from her and into a piece of glass on the ground, seeing a reflection of myself from when I was younger. It was her and I, playing on the swing sets at the Oakside Parks. We were happier looking then, compared to the unhappy facades we are forced to show the world now. I took a quick glance up at her and shook my head, sighing softly.

"I don't remember you, especially now that my memories have been taken." I whispered hoarsely, not even recognizing the sound of my voice.

"Please, wait! I want to help you remember!" she whimpered.

I didn't say another word and walked away from her, my hands clasping each other tightly to feel a small ring about my finger. I halted in my movements and looked at the ring. It was a wedding band. Maybe she was my wife or maybe I was married and she was someone dear to me whom wanted to bring me home to my wife. Bullocks to whatever it could've been.

"Jim...please stop!" she cried one last time.

I turned around and looked into her eyes as I slid the band off my finger and tossed it onto the pile of glass memories, her eyes widened, jaw dropped in disbelief. I said nothing and resumed walking away, heading towards a dark, dismal light at the end of a hallway that had not been there previously. I shook my hand in a dismissive manner, letting the dark light consume me.

I no longer had my memories and I no longer belonged in this world.

Last edited by KagomJack; 2009-07-04 at 11:27 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2009-03-24, 09:07 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Been a while since I wrote something..."
Reminds me of something from Stephen King's The Stand.

Thought that was very well written, Kagom.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2009-03-24, 09:32 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Reminds me of something from Stephen..."
Thanks man =)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2009-03-25, 08:13 AM in reply to KagomJack's post "Been a while since I wrote something..."
Aw, I really like that. A lot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-03-25, 12:17 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Aw, I really like that. A lot."
Thanks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack