Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Dueling Tournaments!!!
Posted 2003-01-01, 04:35 AM
Zelaron should really get some PvP tourneys running. They are super fun and I'm sure everyone would be up for them. Although, I think we should make it legit items only. And of course there would be many rules to keep the balance between the characters. Maybe one or a couple of the admins of zelaron would like to gimme some feedback on whether or not this is a good idea and if you want to host it. I would help organize and everything too, as long as I could still compete...
Items for trade:
Windhorn, Eagleforce, Doomfather, Grandbringer, Harlequin Gaze, Vampirecrest, Gladiator's Valor, Arkaine's Bane, and Shaftstart

Looking for Stone of Manald rings. Also, I want Hearld of Arreat and Zakarum's Face.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ShaolinSoldier is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShaolinSoldier is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ShaolinSoldier

Posted 2003-01-01, 05:35 AM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
on what realm are the tournaments gonna be held ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2003-01-02, 05:01 AM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
Whichever one the mods feel like running it on I guess. I prefer East of course, because it's the realm I play on
Items for trade:
Windhorn, Eagleforce, Doomfather, Grandbringer, Harlequin Gaze, Vampirecrest, Gladiator's Valor, Arkaine's Bane, and Shaftstart

Looking for Stone of Manald rings. Also, I want Hearld of Arreat and Zakarum's Face.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ShaolinSoldier is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShaolinSoldier is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ShaolinSoldier

Posted 2003-01-02, 12:32 PM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
i guess i will start one up by the end of this weekend(NOT FOR SURE) but yes ill make an entire sticky'd thread on it and u will have to apply ect... if i were to gt it up this weekend, it would have to start next weekend giving everyone a chance to apply
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2003-01-02, 01:04 PM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
get on ICQcronic, i'd be apart too (im stalking you bcuz i need help in HC)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2003-01-02, 06:06 PM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
Lol does fully legit gear include slow and knockback?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-01-03, 02:14 AM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
No no no, those are the obvious things, hehe .
Items for trade:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

ShaolinSoldier

Posted 2003-01-03, 07:18 AM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
i want to help out i can give you a link to s'ome rules i duel by

i don't mind an ith here or there but i don't appreciate soulflays/cliffkiller/whatever new bugs that are out
and make the thread soon, or me and others will forget cronic
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq

Posted 2003-01-03, 01:02 PM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
dont worry it will take some time for me to make it and organise ect... but i will do it and be finished in the near week
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2003-01-03, 04:43 PM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
I am new here, so I doubt anyone will take my input seriously, but the rules for gimmeitam create pvp about as balanced as it will get without help from battle.net.
I think the link is www.bobalooga.com. Those rules have worked well for them, and they are an established legit dueling league for over a year.
/w *thesuck for duels.
I use only legit but will be happy to take anyone on 1v1 in a friendly duel =)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dirkdig is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendirkdig is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dirkdig

Posted 2003-01-11, 07:01 PM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
how about iths alowd but no buged items like bugg valor or zephyr bow .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KRØÑÏx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKRØÑÏx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

KRØÑÏx

Posted 2003-01-11, 10:33 PM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
iths?
maybe a melee dueling part and a missle dueling part?
if i borrow my friends ith zerker 12k damage 5k hp i would like to see someone kill me ><
but ith barbarians with ww > most every melee char if not all
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq

Posted 2003-01-14, 08:20 AM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
Basic Dueling Rules
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Tourney rules may be altered depending on the organizer.

GI Rules version 1.2

I. Gimmeitam Rules of Conduct: All rules apply to speaking in the Gimmeitam channel and FF games.
---------------------------------
1. No stealing of items is allowed: If one Gimmeitam member is to pop during a ff duelling game and another Gimmeitam member is to steal the popped person's items, the thief will be expelled from Gimmeitam with no chance of coming back.

2. Respect others: Anyone being blatantly disrespectful can and will be banned as per below.

3. Mods shall be exemplary in conduct: As moderators of the channel, we are expected to act in a higher accord with regard to rules and politeness than even other members.

4. Banning Quota: The first offence is banning for three days, the second offence is banning for a week, and the third is permanent expulsion from the Gimmeitam channel. If a member believes that he or she has been banned unfairly, that member can request a hearing, and his or her case may be discussed with the Admin and at least one other mod, who would be the one who enacted the ban.

II. Gimmeitam Game Conduct: All rules apply to duelling in FF games.
--------------------------------
ALL CHARACTERS:
- All duels take place in Nightmare.
- No more than 15 Life Replenish is allowed on any character.
- No item which grants the Slows Target effect is allowed on any character that duels by dealing physical damage.
- No hacked items, such as the Schaeffer's Hammer jewels, all Ith
de-runeworded items, and all other obviously hacked items, e.g. the Stones of Jordan with the stats of the Oculus.
- No bugged items, such as the 500% cold absorb circlet, and the 64% life leech amulet.
- The Rising Sun amulet, and the Blackoak Luna are both banned, for reasons of providing unfair absorb amounts.
- Only one item that grants an elemental absorb type is allowed. The armor Guardian Angel can count as either Fire or Lightningabsorb, allowing the character wearing it to use an item that grants either Fire absorb or Lightning absorb, but not both.
- Items which contain spell charges are allowed, but the use of the charges is not.
- All items which grant a chance to cast Amplify Damage are banned.
- A maximum of 200 poison damage is allowed from charms for all melee characters, and none are allowed for Amazons.
- Leaving the Blood Moor during a duel is considered a loss, except for Barbarians, who may pre-cast their War Cries, and heal before starting the duel.
- Items which grant the Knocks Target Back effect are not allowed.
- Version 1.08 Arkaine's Valor, Grandfather, Gerke's Sanctuary, Chromatic Ire, Baranar's Star, and Harlequin Crest are not allowed.
- No use of Shrines, Wells, or any kind of potion is allowed.
- No mercenaries or minions that cannot be cast in town are allowed.

PALADIN / NECROMANCER SPECIFIC RULES:
- Both characters may use two ravenfrosts when duelling a Sorceress in a 1v1 setting, though only one may be used in a team duel for either character.
- A Necromancer may not cast a bonewall to allow his teammates to leech back life/mana during a duel.

PHYSICAL DAMAGE DEALING CHARACTER-SPECIFIC RULES:
- Either 160/60max // 160/60ias armors or 120/45max // 120/45ias helms are allowed, but not both on one character.

AMAZON-SPECIFIC RULES:
- An Amazon utilizing a bow may have no more than 200 faster run/walk at any given time.
- No item which provides a bonus to the Amazon Pierce effect is allowed, e.g. Buriza Do-Kanyon, and Razortail.
- Extension of the no Knockback Item rule: Amazons may not use the Windforce bow in a duel.
- Amazons may place one point into the Pierce skill, with a maximum allowable pierce percentage of 49%.
- All Amazons that utilize a bow may not have more than 55% Damage Reduction from items.
- Only Amazons who focus entirely upon the use of Javelins may use a Stormshield and have 75% Damage Reduction.

SORCERESS-SPECIFIC RULES:
- A maximum of 18% Damage Reduction is allowed for Sorceresses.
- No absorb of any kind is allowed whatsoever for the Sorceress.

ITEM SPECIFIC RULES:
- Due to the recent influx of created items, the following items are not allowed during a duel:
* Cruel Berserker Axe of Evisceration: 300%ED +63max 2 sockets
* Cruel Scissors Suwayyah of Evisceration: 300%ED +63 max +3 to Claw Mastery
* Cruel Warpike of Quickness: 300%ED+40ias 2 sockets
* Cruel Mythical Sword of Evisceration: 300%ED +63max 3 socket
* Ethereal Cruel Balrog Blade of Quickness: 300%ED 40ias 2 sockets
* Cruel Colossus Blade of Quickness: 300%ED 40%ias 3 sockets

These are the rule from the link posted.
is it me or do these ppl just not like zons?
1 they cant use a wf,ith,or buriza so that only leaves eagle left which does not do a lot of damage
2 u cant max pierce this just seems unfair to me
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.

Last edited by tidus2005; 2003-01-14 at 08:25 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2003-01-14, 02:39 PM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
A good number of those rules seem unreasonable, but yes, especially the zon ones.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pyro

Posted 2003-01-14, 03:08 PM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
all i gotta say is keep windforce, my peirce is very very low

and peirce? max peirce is gay -.-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Apoq

Posted 2003-01-14, 03:24 PM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
Thats bullshit they know that zons/sorces can mostly be helpful without their asorb/leech(bows;other accesiorys) its BS
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2003-01-16, 11:29 AM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
They use cruel matriarchal/ward/grand matron bows, not eagle.

I can beat almost every pubbie wf/ith maxed pierce zon I duel, but I beat less than half of these cruel mat zons. The fact is, if a zon knows how to duel, and uses those items, they WONT lose. However, most zons that use wf/ith/poison/pierce don't know how to duel (no offense) and so they rely on overpowered items, rather than skill. These rules are pretty well-made for balanced high-end dueling among highly skilled duelers.
/w *thesuck for duels.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dirkdig is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendirkdig is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dirkdig

Posted 2003-01-16, 11:32 AM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
tidus2005 said:
Basic Dueling Rules
is it me or do these ppl just not like zons?
1 they cant use a wf,ith,or buriza so that only leaves eagle left which does not do a lot of damage
2 u cant max pierce this just seems unfair to me
speaking of unfair, how is pierce fair?

My 4.5k max block/dr barb gets a trail of GAs following him, if i slip up and get hit, I will bounce around unable to do ANYTHING for 5 seconds or so, giving the zon a chance to get away and/or shoot more at me.
In this time I will lose 3k life, there goes my chance of winning. The zon doesn't even have to do much of anything in order to win, all she needs is pierce and dmg.

If you don't allow pierce, the zon must run and dodge in order to win.
/w *thesuck for duels.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

dirkdig

Posted 2003-01-16, 12:10 PM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
dirk, the people at these forums aren't enlightened yet -.-

alot of the people at zelaron are duper/hacker

don't spend as much time to appreciate not having over powered items ;(

don't worry i think we can pull it off though :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Apoq

Posted 2003-01-19, 01:10 PM in reply to ShaolinSoldier's post "Dueling Tournaments!!!"
Might as well say, only lvl 9 characters may duel
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped