Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Instruments
Posted 2008-06-04, 03:32 PM
I was just wondering what instruments everyone played if any.
I play piano and cello

Last edited by Wallow; 2008-06-04 at 03:39 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-06-04, 03:34 PM in reply to Wallow's post "Instruments"
I used to love playing my Acoustic guitar, but it's been a while. My uncle and I played at a cousin's wedding (Honestly, we played while my cousin's wife walked down the aisle, got it on video too .. (when I was 13)). But I haven't played in probably two years or so, but just about 2 weeks ago my uncle brought over some old Fender electric guitar and said that I could have it, apparently he found it in a storage area or something and didn't want it, so I may pick it back up again.

Other than that I don't play any other instruments, I can keep a beat going on my brothers drum set, but honestly i'm not near as good as my lil bro, he's going to become famous one day, and I can play when the saints go marching in on piano, and that's it.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-06-04, 04:28 PM in reply to Wallow's post "Instruments"
I've got a guitar (bloody expensive, too! £250, but it's a good guitar - left-handed, electro-acoustic, Fender), which I never got round to learning how to play.

I've got a Violin (ah, ye olde Viledin, how I despise thee) which I abhor.

I used to play the Clarinet.

I can tinkle out a tune with both hands on the Piano.

And I'm a Grade 7 standard Trumpet player (main instrument).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-06-05, 01:34 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I've got a guitar (bloody expensive,..."
I play the drums and a little piano.. I've been in 2 bands, one of them was very succcessful and had some of our stuff played on the local radio a few times. Unfortunately when the members of the band got girlfriends, the females took over and practice never took place anymore.

Girls = no more band.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-05, 01:38 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I play the drums and a little piano....."
Girls = no more life, it's been like that since the dawn of time. I'm wanting to pick up the guitar more and more lately.. Hmph.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-06-05, 07:39 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Girls = no more life, it's been like..."
i play the trumbone my friends call it a trumboner lol i really want to play electric guitar but i have no money for it that sucks and i would need lessons so a total of a thousand us dollars i do not have and d3v go do your self
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-06-05, 08:50 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "i play the trumbone my friends call it..."
Jamer...You don't need to pay for lessons, and a good guitar isn't A thousand us dollars. I'm using a simple PDF guitar tutorial and in 2 days I've masted about four chords.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-09, 08:10 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "Jamer...You don't need to pay for..."
I play guitar, piano, some drums and I scream. I've been doing all except scream for about 5 years. I mainly play metal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-06-10, 12:02 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I play guitar, piano, some drums and I..."
I play a bit of piano. Always wish that i had practiced more when i was younger though. Its more difficult for me to stay committed to playing now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MidnightsChorus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMidnightsChorus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MidnightsChorus

Posted 2008-06-10, 06:51 PM in reply to MidnightsChorus's post starting "I play a bit of piano. Always wish that..."
Screaming = No vocal capabilities by the time you're 40.

Might as well just start smoking.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-14, 11:21 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Screaming = No vocal capabilities by..."
-Spector- said:
Screaming = No vocal capabilities by the time you're 40.
Though there is a risk of damaging your voice, there is a way to do it where that won't happen. There are some bands out there whose lead vocalists are 40 or so and still screaming.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MidnightsChorus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMidnightsChorus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MidnightsChorus

Posted 2008-06-14, 02:12 PM in reply to MidnightsChorus's post starting "Though there is a risk of damaging your..."
Violin, guitar, mandolin, flute, trombone, penny whistle, borhan. I think that is it.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-06-15, 11:56 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Violin, guitar, mandolin, flute,..."
Guitar, trombone, drums and some bass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2008-06-15, 12:37 PM in reply to MidnightsChorus's post starting "Though there is a risk of damaging your..."
Who'd want to scream that long? It's fucking annoying.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-15, 10:19 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Who'd want to scream that long? It's..."
Willkillforfood said:
Who'd want to scream that long? It's fucking annoying.
That's just in your opinion. I don't mind it at all. My brother screams in a band and its pretty awesome to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

MidnightsChorus

Posted 2008-06-15, 10:21 PM in reply to MidnightsChorus's post starting "That's just in your opinion. I don't..."
Screaming is annoying as hearing a baby cry in wal-mart.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-15, 10:43 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "Screaming is annoying as hearing a baby..."
Coriander said:
Screaming is annoying as hearing a baby cry in wal-mart.
To some people, yes, I suppose it would be. However, to some, it can be beautiful. Everyone has different tastes in music.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

MidnightsChorus

Posted 2008-06-16, 02:19 PM in reply to MidnightsChorus's post starting "To some people, yes, I suppose it would..."
Jamer......Spam goes in the WRT.... what does 'Like your moms' have anything to do with this thread! Anywho.. The instruments I am learning are Piano and Guitar.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-11-19, 08:31 AM in reply to MidnightsChorus's post starting "To some people, yes, I suppose it would..."
MidnightsChorus said: [Goto]
To some people, yes, I suppose it would be. However, to some, it can be beautiful. Everyone has different tastes in music.
I used to be 100% against screaming and could never understand why anyone would want to listen to it. But starting with older Red Jumpsuit kidna 'weened' me into having a better appreciation for screaming, and now I can listen to hatebreed and atreyu without even giving a damn. It's an acquired taste, I'd say.

And on another note, I've been pretty steadily strumming the past few days again, I wish I had a good camera to record some of the shit I can play, possibly even post some tutorials.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V