Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

So... Guild Wars 2.. whos gonna play?
Posted 2012-06-12, 05:33 PM
Anyone from here plan on playing GW2 when it comes out? I played a bit on one of the beta weekends, and I loved Guild Wars 1 so much. GW2 feels like such a refined take on the normal mmo formula, it feels fresh, I like the combat, I will will deff be playing it long term.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2012-06-12, 06:11 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "So... Guild Wars 2.. whos gonna play?"
I didn't like GW1 but I've heard good things about GW2. As long as you have the ability to jump over obstacles I will probably play it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-06-12, 07:08 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I didn't like GW1 but I've heard good..."
I may try it. Depending on money and such. Is it P2P?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-06-12, 07:39 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I may try it. Depending on money and..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
I may try it. Depending on money and such. Is it P2P?
No its the same as the first Guild Wars. Buy the game for 50 or 60 bucks, no monthly fees ever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2012-06-12, 09:10 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "No its the same as the first Guild..."
Just may try it out. I'm getting a new computer so I'll actually be able to do stuff like games.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-06-13, 12:33 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "No its the same as the first Guild..."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
No its the same as the first Guild Wars. Buy the game for 50 or 60 bucks, no monthly fees ever.
Does this mean they are doing the same bullshit where when you go outside of cities you are playing in your own "instance" of the game? Because I really think that takes the MMO out of an MMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-06-13, 08:02 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Does this mean they are doing the same..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Does this mean they are doing the same bullshit where when you go outside of cities you are playing in your own "instance" of the game? Because I really think that takes the MMO out of an MMO.
Apparently you have not watched any of the recent gameplay videos. The only instances are dungeons and one area of your races starter city which contains your personal quest. All the outdoor areas are all open world.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2012-06-13, 08:48 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Apparently you have not watched any of..."
I haven't bothered watching any videos because the original sucked so much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-06-13, 09:27 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "So... Guild Wars 2.. whos gonna play?"
I think I may try it out. I didn't pre-order so I didn't get access to the beta. Oh well!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2012-06-13, 09:27 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "So... Guild Wars 2.. whos gonna play?"
Being a GW player, I'm rather tempted by GW2, but I think I'll complete the expansions to the original GW before I do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-06-13, 12:15 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I haven't bothered watching any videos..."
I haven't bothered watching any videos because the original sucked so much.
Go check out the Yogcast Guild Wars 2 footage on youtube. Also check out totalbiscuit youtube footage as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2012-06-13, 12:22 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Go check out the Yogcast Guild Wars 2..."
Here is some open world pvp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk06sCaB0l4
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2012-06-13, 08:12 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Here is some open world pvp..."
Ok, looks like something I will most defiantly try, especially if I can be supplied with a trial pass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-06-13, 08:52 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Here is some open world pvp..."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
Here is some open world pvp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk06sCaB0l4
That looks pretty badass. I'm in the same boat as Asamin. I'll probably buy it, but I'd rather do a trial first.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-06-13, 08:58 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That looks pretty badass. I'm in the..."
That looks pretty badass. I'm in the same boat as Asamin. I'll probably buy it, but I'd rather do a trial first.
Yea I love how he defends the keep to the very last man, was epic and tragic. Necromancers seem really op after watching that actually.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2012-06-13, 09:25 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Yea I love how he defends the keep to..."
I think it just makes the game look a lot less bursty than other similar games. The battles are more sustained and therefore your tactics can turn the tides. He claimed at one point in the video that he isn't very good, but it looked like he was playing pretty damn well to me. And yeah, necro does look kind of OP, but I would like to think all classes can feel OP like that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-06-14, 07:55 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think it just makes the game look a..."
I feel like he only looked OP because of the fact that almost no one was targeting him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-06-14, 09:45 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I feel like he only looked OP because..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
I feel like he only looked OP because of the fact that almost no one was targeting him.
Yea thats true. Like when he "sneaked" past the attacking raid in the beginning to get to his fort.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2012-06-14, 11:23 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Yea thats true. Like when he "sneaked"..."
If you watch, he just didn't get hit. He timed it really well in that everyone was pretty occupied with fighting and were most likely firing on the fort.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-06-15, 04:25 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "If you watch, he just didn't get hit...."
I enjoyed Guild wars 1. I attempted to play the GW2 beta and hated it. It was just terrible to me..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-