Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

only in america
Posted 2006-05-22, 04:22 PM
i'm sure you've seen this around before....

1. Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

2. Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

3. Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while
healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

4. Only in America......do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

5. Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

6. Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

7. Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

8. Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

9. Only in America......do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

10. Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

11. Only in America.......do people vote more on American Idol then the President.

EVER WONDER????

Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?

Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

Why is "abbreviated" such a long word?

Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Why is it that to stop Windows, you have to click on "Start"?

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons?

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

When dog food is new and improved tasting, who tests it?

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?

Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

Why don't sh eep shrink when it rains?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?

If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?

If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
~~~~

On a bar of Dial soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap." (and that would be how??...)

On some Swanson frozen dinners: "Serving suggestion: Defrost."
(but, it's "just" a suggestion.)

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom): "Do not turn upside down."
(well...duh, a bit late, huh!)

On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: "Product will be hot after heating."
(...and you thought????...)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron: "Do not iron clothes on body."
(but wouldn't this save me more time?)

On Boot's Children Cough Medicine:"Do not drive a car or operate
machinery after taking this medication."
(We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year-olds with head-colds off those forklifts.)

On Nytol Sleep Aid: "Warning: May cause drowsiness."
(and... I'm taking this because???...)

On most brands of Christmas lights: "For indoor or outdoor use only."
(as opposed to...what?)

On Sunsbury's peanuts: "Warning: contains nuts."
(what?...no peas?)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts: "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts."
(Someone must have been payed alot to write this one)

On a Swedish chainsaw:"Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
(..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dirty_sox3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendirty_sox3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dirty_sox3

Posted 2006-05-22, 05:41 PM in reply to dirty_sox3's post "only in america"
2/10.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2006-05-22, 05:49 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "2/10."
1/10.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-05-22, 05:58 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "1/10."
EVER WONDER

why dirty_sox3 posts
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2006-05-22, 08:18 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "EVER WONDER why dirty_sox3 posts"
because she is bored and have nothing better to do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dirty_sox3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendirty_sox3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dirty_sox3

Posted 2006-05-22, 08:27 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting "http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=..."
that's....kind of creepy XD
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

dirty_sox3

Posted 2006-05-22, 08:27 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting "http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=..."
Wow...just wow...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-05-22, 11:02 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Wow...just wow..."
I liked this thread. I printed it out for office use.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2006-05-22, 11:18 PM in reply to dirty_sox3's post "only in america"
how about this one:

12. Only in America....... can a person be born as a black boy and can die as a white woman.

I think i heard that one somewhere......
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2006-05-22, 11:21 PM in reply to dirty_sox3's post "only in america"
Some are pretty funny, I like the fat people getting double chesseburgers and a diet coke.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-05-22, 11:52 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Some are pretty funny, I like the fat..."
I challenge you to a kung fuu fight, sox.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-05-23, 06:45 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Some are pretty funny, I like the fat..."
At Hardee's we had this 2/3 Pound Monster Burger. It had 3 pieces of cheese, 4 pieces of bacon, and was ordered with a large curly fry and large diet coke.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-05-23, 06:56 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "how about this one: 12. Only in..."
sciencekid said:
how about this one:

12. Only in America....... can a person be born as a black boy and can die as a white woman.

I think i heard that one somewhere......
The real joke is "Only in America can a poor black boy grow up to be a rich white woman." Michael Jackson, of course.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-05-23, 01:10 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "At Hardee's we had this 2/3 Pound..."
wow.......
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

dirty_sox3

Posted 2006-05-24, 12:17 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "The real joke is "Only in America can a..."
that's it! yep, thats what i was thinking when i first typed it, but my sisters said that wasn't the joke. so i typed what i typed up there instead
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2006-05-24, 10:34 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "that's it! yep, thats what i was..."
i like being an american!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-05-24, 10:08 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "At Hardee's we had this 2/3 Pound..."
The like 1,600 calorie burger I think? Too bad there isn't a Hardee's near me.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-05-25, 12:20 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "The like 1,600 calorie burger I think? ..."
SOunds good to me too .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-05-25, 01:03 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "The like 1,600 calorie burger I think? ..."
Double whopper with cheese is 1,250 or something.

I don't even want to know the wendy's triple burger calor count. That thing is half grease.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign