Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Biden's 'Republican Tea Party' Remarks Prompt Negative Reactions On Capitol Hill
Posted 2010-09-24, 05:26 PM
These are the relevant comments:

BORKED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi68mwuFYow

After Vice President Joe Biden said the alternative to a Democratically controlled Congress is the "Republican Tea Party," lawmakers on both sides of the aisle have moved to distance themselves from his remarks.

"I can't imagine any elected official making fun of people becoming highly involved in the electoral process," said Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) when asked to comment on Biden's remarks. "I just don't see how that's healthy. And yes, I think people who might criticize people getting highly engaged in the electoral process -- I think that's problematic and I just don't understand why one would perceive criticizing that to be a good thing."

Democrats dealt with the matter a bit more delicately.

"I think there are some fine people who are concerned about the size of the government, concerned about tax structure, concerned about the future," said Ben Nelson (D-Neb.). "And what we ought to do is have a dialogue."

"Accurately analyzing Tea Party supporters can be difficult," said Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.). "So I try to avoid kind of broad generalizations or broad categories. It's always dangerous to generalize."

At a fundraiser for Gov. Ted Strickland in Ohio, Biden linked the GOP to the Tea Party, suggesting Democrats will run against the conservative activists. "Don't compare me to the Almighty, compare me to the alternative," he said, according the pool report. "The Republican Tea Party is the alternative."

Biden's approach reflects a strategy being considered by the White House, according to the New York Times. The White House, however, denies it.

Lawmakers at the Capitol on Tuesday told HuffPost that it's probably a good idea to pursue a new strategy and not to antagonize Tea Party members.

Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) told reporters that the grassroots activism we've seen so far is just "the tip of the iceberg," and that while the activist logo of the Tea Party seems to be more linked to the Republican party, "Republicans, Democrats and Independents are just fed up with our government."

Corker, unsurprisingly, agrees.

"At the town hall meetings that I experienced in Tennessee," said Corker, "there was a real sober concern that people had about -- especially debt. Who isn't concerned about our indebtedness right now? It is out of control... I think most of the people who have become highly engaged in this election this year that haven't in the past, have focused on that issue. So how can you not agree that that's something that we have to deal with as a country?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_734800.html

Full speech in case you want it.
BORKED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDULxNcWlTE

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2010-09-24 at 05:37 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-09-24, 09:12 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Biden's 'Republican Tea Party' Remarks..."
They are mostly angry former Republicans and a lot of right wingers. At least here and when I hear anything about them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2010-09-25, 07:56 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Biden's 'Republican Tea Party' Remarks..."
I would guestimate about 2-5% of the 'tea partiers' are democrats/former democrats. And 99.999% of those don't know shit about political issues.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-09-25, 09:57 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I would guestimate about 2-5% of the..."
1. Stating the blindingly obvious as fact is not proper these days if you are a politician. You're expected to be PC in every way possible, which is stupid. Biden is just stating the truth.

2. Most politicians are lying cowards. They are cowards because they aren't brave enough to say what they are actually thinking rather than what they think we want to hear. Biden is one that tends to just say whatever the fuck is on his mind at the moment which gets him in trouble a lot, but at least you can expect that what you are seeing is pretty much what you get with him. Cowards quoted:

Cowards said:
"I think there are some fine people who are concerned about the size of the government, concerned about tax structure, concerned about the future," said Ben Nelson (D-Neb.). "And what we ought to do is have a dialogue."

"Accurately analyzing Tea Party supporters can be difficult," said Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.). "So I try to avoid kind of broad generalizations or broad categories. It's always dangerous to generalize."
These are democrats who are basically sidestepping the questions at hand so they don't completely lose the Tea Party votes they may have, as if they have any to begin with. They are being typical politicians trying to please and be nice to everyone and simultaneously fuck everyone over without getting caught.

3. I firmly believe that the Tea Party and anyone associated with them should be publicly ridiculed regardless of who you are. It isn't as if the democrats are going to lose Tea Party votes for calling them out. I also think it's bad that the vice president is facing backlash for telling the truth.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-09-27, 09:49 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "1. Stating the blindingly obvious as..."
Quote:
3. I firmly believe that the Tea Party and anyone associated with them should be publicly ridiculed regardless of who you are. It isn't as if the democrats are going to lose Tea Party votes for calling them out. I also think it's bad that the vice president is facing backlash for telling the truth.
]

This. And that goes too for anyone on any side of the political spectrum that sidesteps and panders away from legitimate questions and concerns. I like Florida's governor race given that Charie Crist is now running as an independent. An actual legitimate candidate that will probably get the reelection as an 'I' may finally start to change the political landscape..

We need not to agree with each other, but disagree. Pretending to agree and perpetuating the arguments of abortion and other useless time driven tactics are so overly exposed that the flock of sheep on both sides just keep following their puppeteer and we're never going to escape.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-09-27, 03:22 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I would guestimate about 2-5% of the..."
That last person who does is you. :>
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-10-20, 05:58 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "That last person who does is you. :>"
Annoy the tea party: love thy neighbor.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chrystalia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzChrystalia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Chrystalia

Posted 2010-10-24, 07:34 PM in reply to Chrystalia's post starting "Annoy the tea party: love thy neighbor."
I just wish their name wasn't so darn clever, or else I might dislike them more.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai