Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

New Maps
Posted 2008-04-06, 05:28 PM
Whats up guys. I am not sure if any of you still visit here, but i was posting to let everyone who is interested know that Halo 3 will be having a new set of maps avaliable for update on April 15th. maps include remakes of Lockout and Ivory Tower, with a third one that i am not sure about. If you go to a halo related forum, then they may have more info. Hope all is well with everyone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-04-06, 05:43 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "New Maps"
niceeeeee. im still having a hard time getting used to the new maps. except of course the new version of Zanzibar lol.
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-04-07, 07:58 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "New Maps"
Heck yes, I can't wait. I just started playing the other 3 new maps, finally got the hang of those. Foundry is pretty cool once you get to know it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-07, 09:08 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Heck yes, I can't wait. I just started..."
Yeah, can't wait for the new version of Lockout.

It looks faithful and yet oh so new.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-04-07, 09:50 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Yeah, can't wait for the new version of..."
So they're all going to be remakes of Halo 2 maps? Great.. I didn't play Halo 2. Oh well, I still own though Up to a level 43
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Lightbulb
Posted 2008-04-07, 10:33 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "New Maps"
One is supposed to be a remake of SideWinder from Halo 1. I wasn't aware it was a popular map? I'm sure if you took a poll of Halo 1 players, they'd want Blood Gulch(Coagulation->Valhalla), followed by Ship to Ship Combat, which has great potential with the Xbox 360 to maybe even have the ships moving

They seem to just be getting lazy with these remakes, too. They did the same thing with Halo 2. I mean, why not just have these remakes with the original map set? All the maps from earlier games should be cumulative to the maps in newer games instead of charging 800MP for remakes of tired maps a year after the game is released. No wonder the fanbase is waning.

Bungie has a great game and great ideas, but then they always do one thing wrong - one thing that really fucks with people. With Halo 2 it was the BR update 3 months after release. With Halo 3 it was half-ass maps. It's as if all the major funding went to the game engine and character/vehicle models, then when it came to making the maps they outsourced it to China.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2008-04-07, 11:03 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "One is supposed to be a remake of..."
What's wrong with the Halo 3 maps?

The majority of them are pretty fair and balanced, IMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-07, 04:44 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "What's wrong with the Halo 3 maps?..."
Thanatos said:
What's wrong with the Halo 3 maps?

The majority of them are pretty fair and balanced, IMO.

Actually not really. Most maps (Narrows, Snowbound, Pit, etc) have unfair advandages if you gain certain weapons. I know its part of the game, but at least in Halo 2 you could defeat them once and a while. In Halo 3, its unlikely that it ever happens (ie. Maulers on Construct).

MLG has been trying to set up for the future season by altering the maps. They have changed the settingsso that unbalanced maps are now fair maps (by limiting the amount of shotguns, rockets and maulers on the maps.) They have also increased damage counters and decreased shield regeneration so that the game is faster.

MLG is now a playlist under community if you want to try it out. Ill be honest, thats all i have been playing now and Halo 3 is just as fun as Halo 2 now;
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-04-08, 06:52 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Actually not really. Most maps..."
I don't understand why people bitch about the weapons. They complain if I kill 'em with a shotgun or a rocket launcher, etc etc... well YOU can pick up the same things I'm getting; I don't complain when I die by a rocket launcher.

So you want to see Halo 3 become a BR fest? That's stupid. Half the people on the Halo forum I go to just use BRs.. umm there's more than one weapon, use a variety.

I've only played a couple of MLG games but just like I said, it's nothing but BRs. Hooray!

and GRUESOME you STILL have not told me your Xbox Live gamertag even though I've asked like 3 times. I'm PeeEyeEmmPee - add me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-08, 06:54 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I don't understand why people bitch..."
Also, here's a trailer for the new Legendary map pack:
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.a...news&cid=13469
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-08, 07:44 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I don't understand why people bitch..."
Thanatos said:
I don't understand why people bitch about the weapons. They complain if I kill 'em with a shotgun or a rocket launcher, etc etc... well YOU can pick up the same things I'm getting; I don't complain when I die by a rocket launcher.

So you want to see Halo 3 become a BR fest? That's stupid. Half the people on the Halo forum I go to just use BRs.. umm there's more than one weapon, use a variety.

I've only played a couple of MLG games but just like I said, it's nothing but BRs. Hooray!

and GRUESOME you STILL have not told me your Xbox Live gamertag even though I've asked like 3 times. I'm PeeEyeEmmPee - add me.
Even though i might complain about the weapons, i really dont mean it. I just hate campers, which sit in the cornor of a room and wait for you to come by then have an unstoppable weapon. Its a good strategy, but shows no skill whatsoever. I like faster games, and when everyone has AR's and maulers, it takes forever.

Personally, BR's are my favorite weapon (Yes Smith they are) and i wont mind seeing more of them on the maps. But im not saying that everything must be BR and snipers. As long as each map is held to one of the power weapons (rockets, maulers, shotguns, etc) then the game is at least fair. If opne time grabs all of them, then it is thier fault. But if there are 5 different power weapons (and you spawn close to them), then who do u think is going to win?

My gamertag is GruesomeBODY (kinda obvious at this point), but i will not be able to play until this weekend (due to just getting Assassins Creed and my roommate playing COD4 and Fifa) If you send a request, ill find room for you and we will play some games this weekend
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-04-08, 08:08 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Even though i might complain about the..."
No, it wasn't obvious as I've never played with you. It could have just been Gruesome :P

Don't get me wrong, the BR is my favorite weapon too, I'm pretty decent with it, but I don't understand your arguement about the 'power weapons.' Both teams have legitimate shots at getting the power ups/power weapons at the beginning of the game. If you haven't noticed, you spawn an equal distance from them. On Gaurdian, for example, one team spawns by the overshield/sniper the other team spawns by the shotgun. You have an EQUAL distance at getting the invis right away. Wherever I spawn, I normally get invis first.

I do agree with you though about people camping and waiting for you to walk by. That just isn't fun to me. Especially on Epitaph, I can't stand that map. People just chill by the shotgun and wait behind those damn shield doors. It's stupid, really. If you can tell the opposing team is camping, you can adapt your gameplay and make the necessary adjustments.

Alright well I'll add you when I get home today. I'll be playing tonight if you can somehow manage to get on.

By the way, I'm pretty fucking good Ask hamster
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-08, 10:43 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "No, it wasn't obvious as I've never..."
What i meant by spawn points, and we will use Guardian as our example, is that one team only has the chance at the sniper overshield, where the other spawn allows you to get BR, shotgun and camo. I think that BR, Shotgun and camo (at least in halo 3) is much more powerful than sniper. Plus, sniper is harder to use than both the shotgun/ BR. And, if you spawn by Gold lift, you have more room to hide, setup and punish people, than spawning over by elbow. Even though both teams have an even chance at hammar, that weapon works half the time and is not worth the time. Also, more granades are located by the camo and in blue room instead of by sniper tower. I'm just saying that the map is very onesided and the outcome of the match (depending on the teams) can be decided right in the beginning (all depending on how well people work together, know each other and other factors).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-04-08, 10:55 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "What i meant by spawn points, and we..."
You can get camo at both spawn points at relatively the same time. Instead of going up the ramp to overshield/sniper, go the other way and use the blue gravity lift (the one that is by the brute shot).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-08, 03:49 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You can get camo at both spawn points..."
The only way that ever works is if you are one - on - one with somebody from blue room. If they send more than one, you are introuble. If two of you go to get it, at least one dies, and usually that will be the camo guy. But normally, at least this is what i do, i go to top green and throw granades at blue room and at camo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-04-08, 11:10 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "The only way that ever works is if you..."
Anyone else besides me think that the heliport at approx. 43 seconds looks like the one from Metal Gear Solid (PS)? Just after you start and you go up the elevator...

Anyways, I definately like the trailer. I like the whole story thing going on, for a second I thought it was a Fable 2 trailer or Gears of War 2 trailer or something...

As far as strategies go, I prefer the sniper rifle, but I pretty much use whatever I have, and pick up whatever weapon as I run across it. Don't have time to search out favorite weapons when you are dying all the time...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-04-09, 07:21 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "The only way that ever works is if you..."
Well, good games playing with you last night even though I sucked horribly. Seriously, I never do that bad. Had an off day =\
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-09, 07:28 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Anyone else besides me think that the..."
For some reason, I enjoyed Halo 2 was so much better than Halo 3? Not exactly sure why, but I can't get back into it, at least not right now...

Gruesome, your roommate plays COD4 ALL THE TIME! I tried signing on and playing with him (I thought it was you), but he just ignored me, so I kind of figured it out.

I'm getting pretty close to finally beating GH3, so maybe I'll eventually get back on Live for Halo 3, but man, I'm going to be rusty as a motha fucka!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-04-09, 07:29 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Well, good games playing with you last..."
Don't feel bad, Gruesome is pretty awesome at the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-04-09, 07:34 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Don't feel bad, Gruesome is pretty..."
True, but I don't think I'm that much worse I just had a REALLY bad Halo day yesterday.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos