Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Halo 3 Recon
Posted 2008-10-09, 09:23 PM
Well, its offical, Bungie has announced a new game for the Fall of 09. Its called Halo 3 Recon, and the idea is that we are ODST (Orbital Drop Shook Troopers) and are on a secret mission. It takes place between Halo 2 and Halo 3, especially when the Prophet Truth jumps into slipspace in New Mambosa. We are deployed and from there everything is speculation.

You can check the trailers on Bungies offical website or Halo 3 forums website. Use this thread to make predictions, thoughts, etc. Im really excited for this game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-10-10, 07:25 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "Halo 3 Recon"
I'm wondering if this is going to be a stand-alone game, as in are we gonna shell out $60 for a brand new game? Or do you think it'll be like an expansion set where we can download it from Xbox Marketplace?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-10-11, 07:09 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I'm wondering if this is going to be a..."
Well, from what ive read and from being a loyal bungie fan for nearly 7-8 years now, i have the gut feeling its going to be a stand alone game. Im pretty excited about it because its a whole new story about saving man kind, and plus its going to be tactical, which is what was lost with the Spartans. I mean, i love the Chief, but being human and having to stealth your way around sounds like fun. We shall see, and i hope they come out with a beta on this one so i can test it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-10-11, 08:03 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Well, from what ive read and from being..."
Yeah but that is what made the Halo series so great. Random chaos around every corner. There are a TON of games out there where you have to use "human stealth." I don't want a CoD version of Halo 3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-10-14, 02:44 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Yeah but that is what made the Halo..."
Nah, it'll be the same type of gameplay I'm sure. Why would they go away from their HUGE success? I'm excited, but not as excited about Guitar Hero: World Tour at the end of THIS month...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-10-14, 03:07 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Nah, it'll be the same type of gameplay..."
Yeah I just read on bungie.net it'll be the same style of gameplay as all the other Halos. Kick ass, I'll definitely be buying this game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-10-14, 04:49 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Yeah I just read on bungie.net it'll be..."
Can't wait to find out more!
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-10-16, 03:57 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Yeah I just read on bungie.net it'll be..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
Yeah I just read on bungie.net it'll be the same style of gameplay as all the other Halos. Kick ass, I'll definitely be buying this game.
Of course by this they mean it will be a FPS.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2008-10-17, 09:19 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "Of course by this they mean it will be..."
Well of course.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-10-17, 03:46 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Well of course."
Thanks Sherlock!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-10-19, 01:46 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Thanks Sherlock!"
I went on Halo 3 for the first time in ages and I was asked to download the recon trainer. Lol.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-10-20, 04:05 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I went on Halo 3 for the first time in..."
What's that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2008-10-20, 09:25 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "What's that?"
He means trailer. Just a short video about Halo 3 recon. No gameplay is shown, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-10-23, 08:48 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "He means trailer. Just a short video..."
I downloaded the trailer and its awesome in HD. THe gun the ODST is holding looks to be a SMG with a silincer attached. I really am pissed that this game isnt coming out for a while. God im going to be nearly 24 when it comes out. That is so sad
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY