Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Most Difficult Final Fantasy Monster?
Posted 2004-01-10, 03:51 PM
Great Malbro from FF10. Or perhaps just Malbro from the other Final Fantasy's.
~$$)Nikkolas($$~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nikkolas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNikkolas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nikkolas

Posted 2004-01-11, 09:13 PM in reply to Nikkolas's post "Most Difficult Final Fantasy Monster?"
Omega weapon from FFV
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2004-01-11, 09:26 PM in reply to Nikkolas's post "Most Difficult Final Fantasy Monster?"
Nikkolas said:
Great Malbro from FF10. Or perhaps just Malbro from the other Final Fantasy's.
Marlboro?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-01-12, 09:50 AM in reply to Nikkolas's post "Most Difficult Final Fantasy Monster?"
I do not recall. I have not played FF10 in several months. I lent it to a close friend and I have yet to see him or the game again.
~$$)Nikkolas($$~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nikkolas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNikkolas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nikkolas

Posted 2004-01-12, 12:00 PM in reply to Nikkolas's post "Most Difficult Final Fantasy Monster?"
The Chocobo Eater in FFX...of course, you don't actually have to win that battle... but at least for me, I couldn't have beaten it at the level I was at.

For raw difficulty, the Great Malboro in FFX. Even with my god-like auto-haste auto-pheonix shields on everyone, I died so many times to this beast (the berserk and confuse prefent the auto-pheonix from working)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-01-12, 03:19 PM in reply to Nikkolas's post "Most Difficult Final Fantasy Monster?"
Rurouni Storm said:
Omega weapon from FFV
without a doubt. I could never kill it. And in all my FF skill, it still managed to kill me (bloody bastard!)

But second would've been Great Malboro in FF X
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-01-13, 06:49 AM in reply to Nikkolas's post "Most Difficult Final Fantasy Monster?"
Malboro from FFVIII, Yan from FFIX...and basically, all those one-hit monsters from FFVII. One-hit is like they toss you out of the battlefield for no apparent reason at all and only 1 or 2 characters are left or is/are killed; similar to the Yan's Snort and Comet.

Malboro from FFVII's pretty manageable if you have a Ribbon equipped. The Malboro from FFVIII is the WORST. I still have to see the Great Malboro, though.
Life is short.
Let's all grab a BEER~~~!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Cerridwen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCerridwen is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Cerridwen

Posted 2004-01-13, 10:11 AM in reply to Nikkolas's post "Most Difficult Final Fantasy Monster?"
Look in Omega Ruins. After you beat Ultimate Weapon, you run into him. He's probably in Sin 2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-01-19, 12:17 AM in reply to Nikkolas's post "Most Difficult Final Fantasy Monster?"
I am currently playing ffx but haven't made it far enough yet to go against the great Malboro.Regular Malboros are easy though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-01-19, 12:51 AM in reply to Nikkolas's post "Most Difficult Final Fantasy Monster?"
The Warmech from FF1.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-01-19, 09:15 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "The Warmech from FF1."
Hmm. I never fought against him. There's only a certain chance of encountering him, you know...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-01-19, 11:51 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "without a doubt. I could never kill..."
KagomJack said:
without a doubt. I could never kill it. And in all my FF skill, it still managed to kill me (bloody bastard!)

But second would've been Great Malboro in FF X
Actually, you CAN'T kill him. I used the ROM to test this and he has infinite HP.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2004-01-19, 04:36 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "Actually, you CAN'T kill him. I used..."
umm the christmas event monster in FF11 beins you need about 15 lvl 75 people just too kill it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2004-01-19, 11:33 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Hmm. I never fought against him. ..."
WetWired said:
Hmm. I never fought against him. There's only a certain chance of encountering him, you know...
Yeah, he's on the top level of the Flying Fortress (or "Sky Castle" if you're an old-school purist). I intentionally spent a good half hour wandering around up there just to see how bad he was. I think I made it three rounds.

Actually, now that I think about it, I know of a worse enemy type than the Warmech. Although, they're only really fierce in groups of three or four. There is a certain type of enemy in FF2 (the actual FF2, not FF4) that you encounter frequently in Pandaemonium (the final dungeon) called a Death Rider. Those things have three distinct qualities that make them unbearable to fight.

1) Their attack stat is enormous.

2) Their standard attacks cut right through any armor you're wearing. You could have full Genji-wear on your most resilient character, and it won't blunt the damage one iota.

3) Their standard attack has a life-drain trait attached to it.

So, these Death Riders will attack a character, do about 1,500-2,000 damage each time they hit, and they get about 90% of that back in drained HP. These guys are regularly encountered enemies in Pandaemonium, not bosses, not mini-bosses.

The only flaw they have is that they rarely get the initiative in a battle. But, all that amounts to is that you frequently get pre-emptive attacks in the first round. If you're fighting two, and you get a pre-emptive, they're no problem. If you're fighting four, and you get a pre-emptive, you'll suffer. If you fight two even-keel, you'll suffer. If you fight two and they get the initiative, good friggin' luck. If you fight four, and they get the initiative, you're dead. That's all there is to it.

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-01-20 at 07:03 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-01-20, 08:30 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Yeah, he's on the top level of the..."
Raziel said:
If you fight two and they get the initiative, good friggin' luck. If you fight four, and they get the initiative, you're dead. That's all there is to it.
There's a level limit or something?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2004-01-20, 09:31 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Yeah, he's on the top level of the..."
That's why I only used Firion the entire game. Eventually he had 99% evasion (since he was the only character actually THERE to hit).. not even the last boss could physically attack him. Sure, everyone else was dead the entire game, and Firion finished the game with pnly about 2000 max HP (since he almost NEVER got hit unless I fought magic people on purpose), but it was funny.. and the ending sucked.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-01-20, 09:34 AM in reply to Nikkolas's post "Most Difficult Final Fantasy Monster?"
FF3's monsters are way too easy, sadly. Even Kefka wasn't much of a challenge by any means.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2004-01-20, 09:49 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "FF3's monsters are way too easy, sadly...."
Heh, I remember Kefka.. beat him in like 2 rounds usually, 1 round if I was lucky..

lv. 99 Locke + Offering (x-fight, 4x attack) + Gengi Glove + Atma Weapon + Some Other Sword That I Forget

He'd do 9999*4 + ~6000*4 = 63996 damage a round.. And Kefka has 64000 HP. Though, sometimes I'd get lucky and it'd do like 7000 for the other sword on a swipe, so I win in one round..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-01-20, 10:27 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Heh, I remember Kefka.. beat him in..."
I'm pretty sure that Atma Weapon can't be used by Locke, but I could be wrong I suppose. Anyway, I'll have to go with the Marlboro's. Bloody things...even with my tendancy to level up for hours, I always had to run from them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2004-01-20, 11:08 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I'm pretty sure that Atma Weapon can't..."
Jessifer said:
I'm pretty sure that Atma Weapon can't be used by Locke, but I could be wrong I suppose. Anyway, I'll have to go with the Marlboro's. Bloody things...even with my tendancy to level up for hours, I always had to run from them.
yes atma weapon can be used by Locke.A ribbon is a Malboro killer.By the way Jessifer you spelled the enemy Malboro's name Marlboro which is a brand of cigarettes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII