Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Good Movies in 2006-2007
Posted 2007-08-14, 08:38 PM
Can anyone recommend any good films from these years? I got in the mood for renting movies lately, but don't know what else to rent aside from a few I have already seen. Thanks!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-14, 08:41 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Good Movies in 2006-2007"
300 was awesome. That plus Transformers, Fantastic Four (silver surfer) and Live Free or Die Hard. The last three havent been released yet, but they should be soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-14, 08:43 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "300 was awesome. That plus..."
I've seen all but 300. I think I'll get that next. I liked Black Snake Moan, Idiocracy, The Departed, and Smokin' Aces.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-15, 10:22 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Good Movies in 2006-2007"
300, Borat, The Transformers, Reno 911: Miami, Crank(donno how new it is but check that shit out)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-15, 11:04 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Good Movies in 2006-2007"
Definitely get 300.

Don't know if you'll like it, but I thought The Last King of Scotland was brilliant - Scottish doctor goes to Uganda and ends up as the personal doctor of Idi Amin. At the very least it's a bit different to an action flick like 300.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-15, 11:16 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Definitely get 300. Don't know if..."
Let's see...

The Departed was a great movie, definately worth checking out. The Pursuit of Happiness was great, I watched it on DVD (Will Smith) pretty good flick, and has his real life kid in the movie.. good watch. Hmm, Apoctolypto (Mel Gibson's historic flick) was a decent movie, not really what I was expecting but in a good way..

And one of my favorites, with Will Ferrell, .... Stranger than Fiction .. It's pretty awesome, the movie where his life is being directed/narroated while he's living it, definately a funny odd movie, worth the watch.

Most of these are more of DVD's that have just came out not too long ago, there's a million of them out there, these are just some of my favorites...

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-15, 11:35 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Let's see... The Departed was a..."
I saw most of those, but I really hate Mel Gibson so I never got to seeing Apocalypto.

Borat, 300, and Crank are on my list. Anyone seen Hot Fuzz?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-15, 11:43 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I saw most of those, but I really hate..."
Yep. Brilliant film. The last third especially.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-15, 11:44 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I saw most of those, but I really hate..."
Yeah. It's not all that great. The humor is a bit too British, and the action is no-where to be seen 'till the end. If you like movies by these dudes, stick with Shaun of the Dead.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-15, 11:45 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Yeah. It's not all that great. The..."
A bit too British? Can't think why.

It's got some amazingly big-name British actors in it, too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-15, 11:48 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "A bit too British? Can't think why...."
Well derrr, I just didn't get the subtleties in it which is why I didn't like it that much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-15, 01:09 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Well derrr, I just didn't get the..."
Get "Lucky Number Slevin", it's got a good twist. Sin City is awesome but that may have been like 2005. I can't wait til Sin City 2 comes out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-15, 01:31 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Get "Lucky Number Slevin", it's got a..."
They're actually making a Sin City 2? That should be interesting...

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-15, 02:15 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "They're actually making a Sin City 2?..."
Prequel I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-15, 02:19 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Prequel I think."
I guess I'll see it. Jessica Alba is pretty hot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-15, 05:41 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I guess I'll see it. Jessica Alba is..."
Lucky Number Slevin had one of the best endings since the 6th sense.

And yes, Transformers, 300, Sin City, Borat, and Hot Fuzz are all definites.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2007-08-15, 10:24 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "300, Borat, The Transformers, Reno 911:..."
Thanatos said:
Crank(donno how new it is but check that shit out)
Dude, this movie was nuts. I watched this with JR and his sister and was just in awe. Amy Smart was so hot, especially in the street on the postal offices mailbox. I was like damn, didnt realize how nuts this movie really was.

Sin City 2 will be amazing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-16, 07:52 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Dude, this movie was nuts. I watched..."
It's a pretty interesting story-line. I mean it would never happen in real life but the concept was pretty cool.

I like when he's in the hospital elevator and it comes to a stop it opens up, and he's like "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" and sprints out of there. Fucking awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-16, 09:06 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "It's a pretty interesting story-line. I..."
I wonder if that "War" movie will be any good? It has that Transporter guy in it and Jet Li.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-16, 10:53 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I wonder if that "War" movie will be..."
Yeah I'll probably go see that when it hits theaters. Jason Statham is a pretty badass dude, well in movies at least.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos