Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Bourne Ultimatum
Posted 2007-08-03, 08:22 AM
It comes out today, I plan on seeing it tomorrow. Anyone else going to it? If you haven't seen the first two, they are pretty fast-paced and well made films.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-03, 08:31 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Bourne Ultimatum"
I plan on seeing it tonight, but i'm sure it'll be sold out, so that means HotRod is an option, the Simpsons movie is still booming, I still haven't seen Chuck and Larry, and well idk what else. There's some decent options for sure.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-03, 08:35 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Bourne Ultimatum"
I'd like to see it, but I doubt I'll see it on the big screen. Probably get a copy from someone, wait until it's out on DVD, and find it online.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-03, 09:51 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Bourne Ultimatum"
I'll go to it, but not tonight. Probably next weekend.

I'm reading "The Bourne Legacy" right now. I think it's the 4th book, so I'm definitely into the Bourne series at the moment. Should be good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-03, 09:59 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I'll go to it, but not tonight...."
I don't really go to movies...lol
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-08-03, 12:34 PM in reply to klo's post starting "I don't really go to movies...lol"
I just got 300 so im probably going to watch that instead of going out. I would go to see it this weekend but im going to Aruba and need to get alot of shit done before tuesday. Probably see it later in the month.

Oh and i saw Chuck and Larry and i say wait for it to come out on video. It wasnt amazing, but seeing Jessica Biel for an hour and a half is well worth it. But other then that its stupid humor, one liners and such.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-04, 03:34 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I just got 300 so im probably going to..."
Just saw it today, and I must say it's a 9.5/10. If you like non-stop action, you'll love this film. Bourne is an absolute mastermind of being evasive and getting what he wants. It's definitely the best of the three. The only thing I didn't like about it was a few camera angles (sometimes chopping heads off) and one of the action sequences seemed too lengthy. Julia Stiles is hot. Go see it!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-04, 04:31 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Just saw it today, and I must say it's..."
I imagine it'll be just like the others with a new location.

I'll probably see it though, at some point.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-04, 06:04 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I imagine it'll be just like the others..."
This one has hardly any 'down time', which is what I liked about it. It's almost non-stop action.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-05, 01:04 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "This one has hardly any 'down time',..."
Its a big cat and mouse chase but I love those movies because of the crazy ideas of escape that Bourne always comes up with. I think I liked the 2nd one more possibly just because this one was a little too much cat and mouse. I give it a B+ for the interesting story line and the sweet chases/ fighting. I also advise not to sit very close to the screen when you go see this... I was 1/3 of the way up and I was getting dizzy because they have very erractic camera movements in the action sequences. It was also a huge ass screen so that probably didn't help.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2007-08-05, 01:10 AM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "Its a big cat and mouse chase but I..."
Can't wait to see it, first two were awesome.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2007-08-05, 10:31 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Can't wait to see it, first two were..."
I love the ending music of the first one, and the same music comes on in the third ending. I don't think that is a spoiler...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-22, 11:39 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I love the ending music of the first..."
I saw it last night, and I thought it was very good.

The camera action was a bit iffy in parts, particularly in close-ups of faces, but otherwise it was great. The action scenes were particularly good.

---

Just a note about the books, for anyone who doesn't know:

The first three, which have been made into films, were written by Robert Ludlum. The following books are instead written by Eric Van Lustbader (a brilliant author in his own right, too), and may not see big screen adaptations.

Saying that, though, the Bourne trilogy has so far such a successful franchise that it would be surprising if Books 4 and 5 aren't made into films, especially with the open ending of The Bourne Ultimatum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-22, 11:44 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I saw it last night, and I thought it..."
Yea, I read Matt Damon is the has the best return on investment for studios. I'm sure they'll have him do a couple more before he gets too old.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-22, 11:51 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Yea, I read Matt Damon is the has the..."
I can see him getting typecasted one of these days. He suits the mindless killer, somehow. Damn sight better than whining wannabe leader in the Ocean's X films, anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-22, 11:54 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I can see him getting typecasted one of..."
George Clooney??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-22, 12:14 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "George Clooney??"
Both of them do it. Clooney needs to get out and do some better films. I really liked him in Three Kings and Syriana, and now he's trying to play Danny Ocean. Yeah, he does it well, but he's a bastard of a character and no mistaking.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-22, 04:07 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Both of them do it. :p Clooney needs to..."
The movie was good, but i enjoyed the first 2 better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-22, 04:30 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "George Clooney??"
Willkillforfood said:
George Clooney??
This may sound funny, but he can never play a cold-blooded killer in my eyes mainly because his face doesn't convey it well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-23, 02:36 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "This may sound funny, but he can never..."
From Dusk Till Dawn. Seth Gecko was one of his best characters, by far. The movie itself wasn't the greatest, but I thought he was excellent.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller