Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Need Some Advice
Posted 2004-08-31, 12:14 PM
Well, I just now decided to download an rpg maker. I have heard brilliant things about it, and my friend even made one himself. I am just wanting a few tips on what to do, and how exactly to run everything. I am a newgie to this type of experience, and I would like someone to mentor me a little. I would greatly apprecite it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EvilLeprechaun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEvilLeprechaun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EvilLeprechaun

Posted 2004-08-31, 06:39 PM in reply to EvilLeprechaun's post "Need Some Advice"
Well, this is a help forum. What exactly are you trying to do? I'd say spend a week just messing around with it, creating 5-minute long RPGs or something. If you have any specific questions, check the FAQ and then post questions if you still have issues.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-08-31, 06:40 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Well, this is a help forum. What..."
Sweet. Thanks. I am really enjoying it so far.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EvilLeprechaun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEvilLeprechaun is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EvilLeprechaun

Posted 2004-08-31, 07:26 PM in reply to EvilLeprechaun's post starting "Sweet. Thanks. I am really enjoying it..."
EvilLeprechaun said:
Sweet. Thanks. I am really enjoying it so far.
Don't worry i'm a newbie too.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
randomguy04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenrandomguy04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

randomguy04

Posted 2004-09-01, 08:31 AM in reply to randomguy04's post starting "Don't worry i'm a newbie too....."
Newbie or not, I am completely confused. If anyone, anyone at all would like to PM, IM, email me, feel free to. I am usually online. I just really need some help to figure stuff out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

EvilLeprechaun

Posted 2004-09-01, 04:13 PM in reply to EvilLeprechaun's post starting "Newbie or not, I am completely..."
Alright BlueCube or anyone else with RPG maker experience. I need some help. Seriously. I created a world map, village, and several houses, but I have no idea how to enter the houses from the village. How do I create the seamless play where I enter houses, just by going into the building?

And what are these event things, and how do I set those up.

Last edited by EvilLeprechaun; 2004-09-01 at 04:16 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

EvilLeprechaun

Posted 2004-09-01, 07:36 PM in reply to EvilLeprechaun's post starting "Alright BlueCube or anyone else with..."
RM2k3 - In the Event Layer, right click, Place Teleport Event. Pick the place where you want the character to go to, and hit OK. XP is probably the same way, but I have no idea because the download likes to be corrupted every time I download it.

Events are just squares that can have a picture attached to them, and scripts run. A treasure chest would be an event, as would a doorway that teleports you to another map. Just use the event layer and double-click the square on which the event should be run.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube