Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Guns and gun laws
Posted 2012-10-24, 10:04 AM
I want some guns, but I really don't know much. What's the requirement for a license? How much does it cost to get a license? What type of gun would you suggest, and what model? What are the gun laws?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-10-24, 03:25 PM in reply to Skurai's post "Guns and gun laws"
Pretty much what you want to get started with as a newbie is probably a .25 Caliber pocket-gun, then when you upgrade I'd definately suggest getting a nice Glock 40, 19, or 26, or a S&W 500 Magnum if you wanna hunt bears and shoot everything in the forest with one bullet.

Here's a nice model I'd suggest getting to get you started:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2012-10-24, 05:18 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Pretty much what you want to get..."
Make me think of The Cricket.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-10-24, 05:47 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Make me think of The Cricket."
I'd hate to watch a game of Cricket in your State, then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-10-24, 06:41 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'd hate to watch a game of Cricket in..."
No, like, MIB.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-10-24, 07:54 PM in reply to Skurai's post "Guns and gun laws"
Skurai said: [Goto]
I want some guns, but I really don't know much. What's the requirement for a license? How much does it cost to get a license? What type of gun would you suggest, and what model? What are the gun laws?
Laws vary greatly from state to state.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-10-24, 08:16 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Pretty much what you want to get..."
I feel like a noobie would do better with getting a simple 12 or 20 gage shotgun. You won't have to worry about the kick of a pistol and they're relatively cheaper.

As for laws, in my state at least, for acquiring a carrying license it's as easy as walking to your nearest police station with ID and a clean record.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2012-10-24, 10:03 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I feel like a noobie would do better..."
How much do they cost, you'd say?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-10-25, 03:24 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "No, like, MIB."
Oh, you mean the Noisy Cricket?

Being reminded of the Cricket and being reminded of the Noisy Cricket are too different things (though if Cricket in your State is noisy, I still wouldn't particularly want to watch a game there).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-10-25, 09:01 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Oh, you mean the Noisy Cricket? ..."
Yes.
I don't even think anyone plays Cricket where I live...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-10-30, 10:48 PM in reply to Skurai's post "Guns and gun laws"
In Illinois you need to apply for a F.O.I.D. card. They do a backround check to make sure you don't have a history of murderous or suicidal issues. Ten dollars and 30-45 days later you are legally allowed to buy a gun.

I just recently applied for my F.O.I.D. card. Plan to go to the gun ranges and fire off some guns to see what I like. If it's something I get into, the 50AE Desert Eagle looks fun > : ).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2012-10-31, 07:26 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "In Illinois you need to apply for a..."
Sovereign said: [Goto]
In Illinois you need to apply for a F.O.I.D. card. They do a backround check to make sure you don't have a history of murderous or suicidal issues. Ten dollars and 30-45 days later you are legally allowed to buy a gun.

I just recently applied for my F.O.I.D. card. Plan to go to the gun ranges and fire off some guns to see what I like. If it's something I get into, the 50AE Desert Eagle looks fun > : ).
Alright... neat.
I just hope my little fight back in High School doesn't become too big of an issue. ._.'
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-11-01, 12:21 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Alright... neat. I just hope my little..."
Were you charged with anything? Stuff like aggravated assault, battery, and violent crimes will probably nick your chance of getting the card.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2012-11-08, 10:41 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Were you charged with anything? Stuff..."
Assault and battery.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai