Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Dawn of the Dead
Posted 2004-03-19, 09:07 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Dawn of the Dead"
So, yeah. Dawn of the Dead. This doesn't bare a whole lot of resemlance to that of the old one, besides zombies, or undead rather, and a shopping mall. If you're looking for plot or a good story, you probably will be pissed if you spend your money on this. However, it was definitely an entertaining film. No matter how many zombies die, it's always fascinating to see another one's head explode. It also had a fair share of funny parts. I personally liked the "shoot the celebrity zombie look-a-like" game. Also, if you don't have a strong stomach you probably shouldn't see this flick.

It's an all right film, but lacked on the story part. What's also cool is the fact that it took place in this here state where I live, Wisconsin.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2004-03-21, 12:07 AM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Dawn of the Dead"
I've actually never seen the original. I've been meaning to for years, but I keep putting it off, like I did with Dead Alive. I'll see the remake, if for nothing else, because of the fact that it's a zombie movie gorefest.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-03-25, 07:40 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I've actually never seen the original. ..."
It's definitely a good movie, but the original is a bit better. I just love the satirical parts from the original.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2004-03-26, 03:20 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I've actually never seen the original. ..."
Same here, I have the VHS of it in the plastic still just sitting there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2004-03-26, 11:29 AM in reply to Acer's post starting "Same here, I have the VHS of it in the..."
I haven't seen either one. Is the old one at least a good movie?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-03-26, 11:33 PM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "I haven't seen either one. Is the old..."
I saw it and I loved it. Though, I never saw the original, so I'll have to check that out sometime in the next few days.

So, with an unbiased opinion, considering I've never seen the original, I'd definitely recommend the remake to anyone looking for a particularly grisly zombie movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-03-26, 11:35 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I saw it and I loved it. Though, I..."
I just saw it today as well.

Im confused, what started people to turn into zombies. Also, the ending really really blew ass. They go on a boat to an island, and find more dead people. BAH. I cant' stand those types of movies. We didnt stand till the very end of the credits so i might have missed something. I DESPISE movies that end with everyone getting killed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-03-27, 12:12 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I just saw it today as well. Im..."
1) They never explained why the zombie epidemic began because they didn't need to. It's not necessary. The focus of the plot wasn't on some grand conspiracy involving the Umbrella Corporation and the T-Virus. The plot was focused on a small group of survivors that had just as little idea of what was going on as the audience did. Knowing "why" these things were happening wasn't available to the survivors, so it wasn't made available to the audience.

2) I loved the ending. In all honesty, how realistic would it be to assume that they would escape alive? How realistic would it be to assume that that island in the middle of Lake Michigan would have managed to remain unaffected by the epidemic? Not very. The fact is, nowhere was safe. At all. That was the entire purpose of that ending.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-03-27, 01:52 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "1) They never explained why the zombie..."
I can't wait until it is out on video so I can rent it. I will watch the old one eventually too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-03-27, 05:58 PM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "I can't wait until it is out on video..."
I saw it yesterday and I have to say. It was pretty swell. Although there wasn't much dept in the plot it had me thrilled and was better than that garbage resident evil. I say watch it.. The original was that good? I better rent it.
"Every harem has its eunuch" - Ridicule
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2004-03-27, 07:32 PM in reply to sheerx's post starting "I saw it yesterday and I have to say. ..."
I saw the original, and nearly puked (but I was sick that day anyway ) But I'm planning on seeing this when i turn 17 (so i can argue with my mom that I can see it without her having to give a damn because i am within my legal rights, etc.) and it'll probably be out by then too (I am an october/1987 guy!). But it looked pretty freakin' fantastic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-03-27, 09:56 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I saw the original, and nearly puked..."
so nobody survived what-so-ever? that sucks, they could have shown an army camp or somthing that did survive ya know.

i saw hildago today, good movie good plot, i give it a b+ rateing.

i'am waiting for "the day after tomrrow" thats gonna be a good one.

Edited by Raziel 
Use the spoiler tag in the future.

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-03-27 at 11:38 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-03-27, 11:36 PM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "so nobody survived what-so-ever? that..."
No. Just no. That would have been so lame if they had tacked on a happy ending.

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-03-27 at 11:43 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Dawn of the Dead
Posted 2004-04-01, 08:19 AM
I have to say, it was pretty funny. I sincerely hope that that was their intentions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-04-01, 12:09 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Dawn of the Dead"
Dawn of the Dead

The exact, same topic.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2004-04-01, 11:25 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Dawn of the Dead..."
Merge-ola!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel