Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide
Posted 2002-06-12, 02:26 PM
OK, this guide is basically for running meph and or pindle. If your running meph it REQUIRES you use the moat trick unless of course you like a real challenge. Anyway this build is based on Meteor/Blizzard and maybe tstorm for show.

Skills

10 Warmth
20 Blizzard
20 Meteor
20 Fire Mastery
10 Shiver Armor
1-4 Static Field
1-4 Teleport
1-4 Cold Mastery depending on +skill (if u have a few plus skill 1 point is fine
1+ points in energy shield optional

You could also (as i have done) put a point in thunderstorm and light mastery for show and to compliment the title wetherwomen.

:::::::::::::::::::::

Meteor may not seem like a popular skill but when meph is trapped behind the moat this skill uses less mana and dose more damage then firewall.

Blizzard is good because you can cast it right on meph unlike orb wich doesnt go quite far enough if your using the moat trick.

Static field -- I will explain more later

Teleport -- A must. If your mana is draining quickly while teleporting put a few more points in.

Shiver Armor - Some may say use freezing for meph but the defence IS highest on shiver and 10 points gives about 100 Defence bonus wich is really good.

Fire Master - Increases Damage done by fire skills. Max for quickest killing.

Warmth - Mana regen is important because this build isnt equipment dependant and mana leech only works on PHYSICAL attacks and not elemental this is needed. You may not need this many points or if you have a small mana orb and ur teleporting alot u may want more.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

Equipment doesnt matter. BUT more mf is always better and if you can afford good items use them. here is a rundown of my setup

Helm - 3 PTopaz Mask

Armor - 4ptopaz dusk shroud

Boots - Sturdy chain boots of luck (32 mf)

weapon - occulus (50mf)

shield - Rhyme good defence and 25 mf

ammy - 20 mf +str +dex +fast cast rare

gloves - 36 chanceguards

rings - 2 mf rings one 30 one 27

Charms - 7, 6, and 5 SMFCs +str and +dex and a +40/41 health mana grand charm. you may want some runfast charms too.

Now of course if you can afford skullders, shako, isted lidless go for it. (or if u can get tals set and ist that).

Keep in mind this char is meph and pindle, if your doing pindle you must worry about defence more BUT meteor is the best fire skill for pindle, when doing meph u need just enough defence for one of his frozen balls (just in case)

:::::::::::::::::

Hotkeys: these are important

A - Shiver armor
S - Energy Shield (not mandatory but good)
D - Thunderstorm
F - Teleport
Z - Open map
X - Reveal map (maphack)
Q - Blizzard
W - Meteor

using hotkeys like that i save tons of time and my meph runs are 1.3 minutes each wich is pretty good.

:::::::::::::::::::

Strategy.

If you can get a rush do it. but this char can be played thru if thats your thing. Once you get to cows level until level 87 if your doing pindle (lvl87 is his max treasure class if you want to find the rarest uniques you must be lvl87 or above) and lvl80-85 for meph only.

The reason for those lvl reccomendations are that mephs treasure class max is lvl79 (i beleive) and pindles max (the treasure class of a windy for example) is 87.

If you dont know how to do the meph moat trick it is hard to explain but just msg me at account *damaja or *triktout on USeast and i will show you. i will try to get a screenshot up soon to. Anyway always use the moat trick when doing meph or meteor is a wasted skill basically.

When meph is trapped and u can see him in the corner just cast blizzard then meteor then blizzard then meteor and so on, hotkeys make this waaaay easier.

More pindle strategies as i do him more, but meteor seems to be a great skill on him (waaay better than on my FW sorc).

:::::::::::::::::::::::

A quick note about MF diminshing returns. for your amount of MF (magic find) your amound of unique find is different, at MF lvl 400 you have a 236 UF. and at lvl 1100 you have a lvl 300 UF. so as you can see over about 450 MF is useless.

Some people say that there drops decrease when they use the moat trick, there is no evidence to support that at all and until there is keep on moating. i have found a buriza/courpsemourn/an SOJ (yes yes yes)/perfect manald/and recently a herald of zakarum in about a week, along with other lower lvl things like lycanders and ik maul.

Accounts
*damaja (useast)
*triktout (useast)

My wetherwoment mfer is currently lvl 84 (and going higher).
She does meph successfully (w/o dying) more than 9/10 times and has 475 MF.

Please read my LoD cd lost post if you can.

Post any comments/suggestions below i will update guide based on them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
damaja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendamaja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

damaja

Posted 2002-07-03, 09:27 AM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
i have decided to reopen this thread and i hope you ppl can put it to good use.

Last edited by ViciousMilitia; 2002-07-04 at 05:40 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ViciousMilitia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenViciousMilitia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ViciousMilitia

Posted 2002-07-09, 01:23 PM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
cool. this is still my meph runner and yes it rocks.
i am against the overuse of lol, so rtfm and stfu
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
damaja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendamaja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

damaja

Posted 2002-07-11, 06:33 PM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
what is moat trick?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2002-07-23, 05:14 PM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
You hide behind the moat, near the portal, you teleport near mephisto, then when he comes, tele back over that moat thingy, and there will be a space seperating you... I remember doing that on like day 4 of gettting diablo 2, and pwning his ass... it roxxored. lol only 400 some MF? My current level 50 sorceress has around 800, and when she's level 99, her helm will do 693% mf! WOo! lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2002-07-23, 07:39 PM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
Is this the bugged helm you got ?

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
User Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUser Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-08-06, 05:19 PM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
Damn you europers and your bugged helms
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-08-06, 07:52 PM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
my sorc has over 1000 mf, too lazy to count anyways i got the best that you can get other then a 50% mf ammy and 2 40% mf rings... but i do got 37% ring and 39% ring, shako, skulders, 6 ist crystal sword, 4 ist shield, 40 small 7 mf charms, 50% war travz ect... ect... ect...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-08-08, 03:58 PM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
Think about how many better items you could get with 450 MF and effectiveness. What good is it to get a 2% better chance to find a unique when it takes you 8x longer? Plus, normal items are cheaper than MF items.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
x-Whorror-x is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenx-Whorror-x is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

x-Whorror-x

Posted 2002-08-12, 03:57 PM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
I hear the _best_ mf is between 400-500.
Yeah, thats right. I DID post my password.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
darkrain is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendarkrain is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

darkrain

Posted 2002-08-24, 08:24 AM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
Quote:
Originally posted by Wiccan][V][asta
You hide behind the moat, near the portal, you teleport near mephisto, then when he comes, tele back over that moat thingy, and there will be a space seperating you... I remember doing that on like day 4 of gettting diablo 2, and pwning his ass... it roxxored. lol only 400 some MF? My current level 50 sorceress has around 800, and when she's level 99, her helm will do 693% mf! WOo! lol
what kind of helm is that??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DRK_SORC is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDRK_SORC is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DRK_SORC

Posted 2002-08-24, 08:26 AM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
Quote:
Originally posted by "CRØNîC-KîLLå"
my sorc has over 1000 mf, too lazy to count anyways i got the best that you can get other then a 50% mf ammy and 2 40% mf rings... but i do got 37% ring and 39% ring, shako, skulders, 6 ist crystal sword, 4 ist shield, 40 small 7 mf charms, 50% war travz ect... ect... ect...
DAmn not bad.....How did u get 40 mf 7smc?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DRK_SORC is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDRK_SORC is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DRK_SORC

Posted 2002-08-28, 05:52 PM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
Quote:
Originally posted by "CRØNîC-KîLLå"
hwo do u pick up anything if ur whole inv is filled with 7% smfc's?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DarkestFears is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDarkestFears is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DarkestFears

Posted 2002-09-25, 11:47 AM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
ummmmm, is this sorc good? or am I gonna be wasting my time making it? just for the skills part, I dont want to know if the items are good but is the basic set up with the skills good?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Exterminator is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExterminator is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Exterminator

Posted 2002-10-04, 10:22 PM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
wouldnt you crap your pants if you knew if you had 2% more mf you would have gotten that wf? Thats why you max mf. I can do 99% success pindlebot runs with 900+ mf....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Malfador is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMalfador is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Malfador

Posted 2002-10-05, 05:40 AM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
Quote:
Originally posted by Malfador
[...] if you had 2% more mf you would have gotten that wf? [...]
No offence, but this is just plain stupid.

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
User Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUser Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-10-05, 01:38 PM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
why is it stupid, that is the way that chance works...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Malfador is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMalfador is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Malfador

Posted 2002-10-05, 02:46 PM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
I don't think increasing a % of chance can give you a WF instead of another unik.
% is based on which levl the item is (white/magic/rare/set/unik), not on the quality of the item.

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-10-15, 07:12 PM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
it's all about L-U-C-K
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Diablo3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDiablo3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Diablo3

Posted 2002-10-25, 12:28 PM in reply to damaja's post "MF Wetherwomen Sorc Guide"
are you saying that under lvl 87 a wf wont drop off pindle? cuz at lvl 84 i found one with pbot
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chiv is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenChiv is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Chiv