Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2009-04-02, 07:31 PM in reply to D3V's post "Legal Marijuana, the time is now."
[QUOTE=D3V;667266]I think the time for Marijuana legalization/decriminalization is upon us, there have been many news stories lately, including that of California's govenor pushing to legalize marijuana and tax it to help their tax deficit. Could marijuana finally be pushed to the forefront of politics

www.lemonparty.org

www.3pic.com

www.yantasy.com

www.ten.com

Last edited by alex132005; 2011-10-27 at 09:32 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
alex132005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

alex132005

Posted 2009-04-03, 09:01 AM in reply to alex132005's post starting "[QUOTE=D3V;667266]I think the time for..."
I was just going to give you a warning, but this tips the balance. Enjoy your holiday.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-04-03, 09:52 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "If you knew anything about what you are..."
D3V said: [Goto]
If you knew anything about what you are talking about you would realize that the states control the legality of marijuana/alcohol. Dipshit.
That's only half true. See Gonzales v. Raich.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2009-04-03, 12:46 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "That's only half true. See Gonzales v...."
The case you posted does not change the fact of what i've already said.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-04-03, 01:06 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "The case you posted does not change the..."
The case you posted does not change the fact of what i've already said.
You said that states control legality of a drug. Presented alone, this is misleading. It is very possible for a drug to be legal under state law and illegal under national law. In this sense, states do not fully control the legality of drugs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2009-04-03, 02:04 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "You said that states control legality..."
Which is my point, if a state rules a drug legal, then it is legal in that state. The national law is a completely different venture, and the ways they are created/justified is by going off of state rulings, most of the time.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-04-03, 04:23 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Which is my point, if a state rules a..."
Which is my point, if a state rules a drug legal, then it is legal in that state. The national law is a completely different venture, and the ways they are created/justified is by going off of state rulings, most of the time.
Now it sounds like you're just pulling shit out of your ass. Seriously.

States aren't sovereign entities. Just because state law legalizes something doesn't make it legal, especially not drugs. Drugs have been under federal control for over a 100 years, and the case I referred you to confirmed it. Considering that I literally gave you the case name explicating the law I can't understand how you can't get that.

Anyway, this is an open and shut case, I'm not arguing this anymore. Reference to the case is up there somewhere in one of my previous posts... this is honestly just like beating my head into a wall. Peace Zel, I'm out,
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2009-05-19, 06:45 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Now it sounds like you're just pulling..."
And this is where MJ left... thanks alot D3V.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-20, 07:10 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Now it sounds like you're just pulling..."
Demosthenes said: [Goto]
Now it sounds like you're just pulling shit out of your ass. Seriously.

States aren't sovereign entities. Just because state law legalizes something doesn't make it legal, especially not drugs. Drugs have been under federal control for over a 100 years, and the case I referred you to confirmed it. Considering that I literally gave you the case name explicating the law I can't understand how you can't get that.

Anyway, this is an open and shut case, I'm not arguing this anymore. Reference to the case is up there somewhere in one of my previous posts... this is honestly just like beating my head into a wall. Peace Zel, I'm out,
You missed the point entirely, MJ.

If you would actually read my posts you would see that I am not, in fact, saying if states say something is legal then is must be legal. I know the Federal Law presides over everything and it is the final say in everything, hence the Supreme Court. You gave me the case, and that's fine, but it was straying away from the point. My point is that if one state can finally legalize marijuana, then other states will follow, and in turn the federal government will have to comply with the states or find some middle ground. All I am saying is that any progress is good progress, you just read too much into it. Get off your high horse.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-05-20, 10:19 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "You missed the point entirely, MJ. ..."
The federal government does not have to bow to the state governments. The way that it works is you need the senators and representatives to effect change, but they work for the people, not the state. In fact, the federal government could choose to ramp up federal enforcement in states that refuse to dedicate their own resources to it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-05-20, 10:29 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The federal government does not have to..."
And yet another pot thread WetWired post in. HMMMM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-20, 10:58 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The federal government does not have to..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
The federal government does not have to bow to the state governments. The way that it works is you need the senators and representatives to effect change, but they work for the people, not the state. In fact, the federal government could choose to ramp up federal enforcement in states that refuse to dedicate their own resources to it.
I know this, but if the people want something bad enough it will happen, eventually. Which is my whole fucking point, you guys keep taking things too literally. My point is:

IF ONE STATE does it, the others will follow. And eventually the Federal government will have to follow, because if they aren't representing they will be removed.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-06-10, 03:48 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I know this, but if the people want..."
http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/local_n...l_20090609_nek

Quote:
A bill that would allow nonprofit stores in Rhode Island to sell marijuana to medical patients is headed to the governor's desk. The state Senate passed the bill Tuesday afternoon by a 30-2 margin.
Awesome. Keep it coming America!

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-06-10, 09:54 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/local_news/..."
I will be glad once its legalised.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-06-11, 07:08 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "I will be glad once its legalised."
You will start using the product?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-07-10, 08:19 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "You will start using the product?"

Quote:
CALIFORNIA -- A new television ad from a group called "Marijuana Policy Project" is calling on California lawmakers to legalize marijuana in order to help solve the state's budget crisis.

The media ad buy was for television time in the state's largest media markets.

It makes the argument that California government's fiscal disaster could be helped if the state legalized and then taxed marijuana.

"Taxes from California's marijuana industry could pay the salaries of 20,000 teachers. Isn't it time?" a proponent in the ad.

The ad comes from the marijuana policy project, a Washington-based group that advocates for the legalization of marijuana.

Just such a bill has been introduced in the state legislature by San Francisco Democrat Tom Ammiano.

"I just think you are going to see a coming together here what i call the perfect storm, political will, populous support. So that we may in fact have some very beneficial legislation," says Ammiano.

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger called the commercial a distraction to the real order of business, reforming California's budget system.

"To say all of a sudden lets legalize marijuana because we can make some money, I think it's the wrong direction to go," Schwarzenegger said Wednesday.

In fact backers of the media campaign admit the real objective is to use the issue in California to stimulate a debate in Washington.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-07-10, 03:27 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I will be glad once its legalised."
Grav said: [Goto]
I will be glad once its legalised.
I want to stop being persecuted for something I do in my own house, in my own free time, that doesn't hurt the well-being of others. That'd be nice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2009-07-10, 03:43 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I want to stop being persecuted for..."
Yeah. Let's uh... post about it online!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-07-10, 05:31 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I want to stop being persecuted for..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
I want to stop being persecuted for something I do in my own house, in my own free time, that doesn't hurt the well-being of others. That'd be nice.
Doesn't it hurt you, though?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-07-11, 01:48 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Doesn't it hurt you, though?"
No, smoking marijuana has no harmful effects other than being high and hungry. The smoke is somewhat of a negative effect on your lungs, but it is comparable to big city air, and not even anywhere nearly as bad as cigarettes.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V