Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2003-06-14, 08:49 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
Only because of the fact that geforce is louder/takes up space...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-06-14, 01:14 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
My card is not loud, I don't know what you are talking about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-06-14, 03:39 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
I think that each card has its own plus's and minus's in each of the catogories that they rank cards as. I do not know if that is just me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_Frog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_Frog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_Frog

Posted 2003-06-14, 03:51 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
omg fucking ingrates........complaining about geforce 4.......just be happy that you have to stick with a TNT2 =(

man i'd kill somebody just for even a Geforce 4 MX
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-06-14, 03:57 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
I dont have a TNT2 any longer, since im a extreme gamer i need a good grafic card.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-06-14, 05:13 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
that sucks that you only have a TNT2 sorry that you can not be as lucky as what some of us are.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_Frog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_Frog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_Frog

Posted 2003-06-14, 05:16 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
I'm building a comp right now, got my case, drives and power supply assembled right now .

Welcome to Zelaron.

Oh, and cheap OS? I bought XP home for 100 bucks under retail, you can get it cheap if you buy the upgrade version then install 98 or ME and upgrade it to XP.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-06-14, 11:05 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
Sweet computer, enjoy the stay at Zelaron.

One question: Good gfx card, slow processor? WtF? I try to balance them out slightly....

I have an AMD XP barton 2500 (oc'd to 2.23Ghz), and an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2003-06-14, 11:49 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
But in a few months that won't be good sadly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-06-15, 09:40 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
thanks wiccan i do belive that I will have a great stay at Zelaron. I also do plan on getting a new processor, motherboard, more memory, and a sound card.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

J_Frog

Posted 2003-06-24, 09:40 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
looks decent to me
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-07-14, 02:03 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
first computer we had was a 700 mgz computer, now we have a 3.0 ghz with 800 front size bus a, tell him bro ....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-07-14, 03:27 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
Xenn said:
I'm building a comp right now, got my case, drives and power supply assembled right now .

Welcome to Zelaron.

Oh, and cheap OS? I bought XP home for 100 bucks under retail, you can get it cheap if you buy the upgrade version then install 98 or ME and upgrade it to XP.
I'm building mine too. I'd race you, but I'm afraid It's gonna take me probably til christmas to finish mine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-14, 07:37 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
He's finished, and has been for like 2 weeks.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2003-07-14, 07:40 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
I lose, game over!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-14, 10:35 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
bumb
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-07-15, 09:08 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
what was the cost of the machine?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2003-07-16, 11:25 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
who's computer are you talking about??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-07-16, 09:37 PM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
if you are talking about mine I would say about 1000 to 1100 mabey around there or it might be less I would have to see what i spent on it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

J_Frog

Posted 2003-07-17, 11:52 AM in reply to J_Frog's post "My first Computer that I built"
I spent 1400 bucks for the comp (radeon 9800pro.. ouch) but the monitor was pretty expensive... a little too expensive to post here .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn