Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

how do u backp your xbox games
Posted 2004-04-06, 11:30 AM
do u need a dvd-rw drive or a regular cd-rw drive.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
xboxfan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenxboxfan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

xboxfan

Posted 2004-04-06, 07:47 PM in reply to xboxfan's post "how do u backp your xbox games"
You need a mod chip
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2004-04-10, 07:16 AM in reply to Acer's post starting "You need a mod chip"
when you get a modchip, preferably xecuter 2.3b lite/pro (or greater)..you can just put in your xbox game in the dvd-rom of your xbox..and then hit "copy" from an app in your xbox called "dvd2xbox"..then you play the "waiting game" and that's it..you have a nice backup of your dvd...but..it's on your hard disk..that's why i put in a 200 gig hard drive in my xbox
What is this!?! A center for ants!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
supaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensupaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

supaflip_69

Posted 2004-04-10, 08:54 PM in reply to supaflip_69's post starting "when you get a modchip, preferably..."
I have a xecuter lite, and a 120 gb hard drive in mine. Man, that was the best thing decision I've ever made for console gaming.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-04-12, 04:03 PM in reply to uncapped's post starting "I have a xecuter lite, and a 120 gb..."
I you wanna backup games you'd better use a Dvd-R (You can rip most games in CD-R by erasing the cynematics) It's better not to use CD-R on XBOX, Xbox's Dvd drive is somewhat poor.

Yo backup a game you need a modchip and a dashboard (like evox, executer2, avalaunch, unleashX, Thc Dash...) you start the xbox from that dashboard, conect PC to XBOX via FTP, rip the game to PC's HDD and, burn it in a DVD-R with nero in UDF mode, or create an iso with isocraxtion or qwix and then burn it with alcohol 120, record now max, nero or whatever you wanna use.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sirpullido is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSirpullido is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sirpullido

Posted 2004-04-12, 04:08 PM in reply to Sirpullido's post starting "I you wanna backup games you'd better..."
Holy shit! Return of the dead.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-04-22, 09:45 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Holy shit! Return of the dead."
If you want to go into even greater detail on how to back them up onto dvd-r then visit www.clone.cd and they will have many threads on how to do it. Its great site for making backups of all kinds of games...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pr0grammer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPr0grammer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pr0grammer