Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2013-03-06, 03:32 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm not "telling" you anything. I'm..."
I get your point. Didn't want you to pigeon hole mentally ill.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2013-03-06, 03:32 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I don't think drugging yourself out day..."
Wallow said: [Goto]
I don't think drugging yourself out day after day is the solution either. When were you first diagnosed?
Late 2010.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2013-03-07, 04:02 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Late 2010."
Any suspicion that some of your symptoms are the result of drug use?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2013-03-07, 07:21 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Any suspicion that some of your..."
Combination of that, certain events in my life, and biology. Family history of mental illness.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2013-03-08, 11:31 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Combination of that, certain events in..."
I was diagnosed with ADHD years ago. In my senior year of high school I chose to stop taking medications for the exact reason you mentioned. Now I realize a lot of the "symptoms" when I wasn't on medication was my body going through withdraw from the drug I'd been taking since 7th grade.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2013-03-08, 06:47 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I was diagnosed with ADHD years ago. In..."
Well then in my case I've been having withdrawl symptoms for 12 years...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2013-03-08, 07:46 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Well then in my case I've been having..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
withdrawl
See signature.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2013-03-10, 08:30 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "See signature."
You're a douchbag !K_A!
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2013-03-10, 08:52 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "You're a douchbag !K_A!"
He is the second coming of Jesus.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2013-03-10, 09:35 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm not "telling" you anything. I'm..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I'm not "telling" you anything. I'm suggesting that a stronger individual would be able to find a way to work with their "symptoms" and make them functional rather than dysfunctional. There are obviously exceptions to this, but for things like ADD, depression, bipolar, OCD, social anxiety, etc, I think it's possible to deal with those things without defining yourself by them and without drugging yourself to "fix" them.
This. Society has turned mental illness into a scary, incurable phrase that turns otherwise normal people into unhinged loonies. We, as a species, barley understand how our synapses and neurons communicate and fire back and forth. Our understanding of consciousness itself is fetal at best. Not to sound like Tim Robbins, but if you really set your mind to overcoming your personal struggles, you can change your life with willpower. Mental illness or not.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2013-03-10, 10:53 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "This. Society has turned mental illness..."
D3V said: [Goto]
This. Society has turned mental illness into a scary, incurable phrase that turns otherwise normal people into unhinged loonies. We, as a species, barley understand how our synapses and neurons communicate and fire back and forth. Our understanding of consciousness itself is fetal at best. Not to sound like Tim Robbins, but if you really set your mind to overcoming your personal struggles, you can change your life with willpower. Mental illness or not.
D3V, I agree with that attitude and mindset. But if your chemical balance is broken, then it needs to be fixed. You would be amazed what cognitive behavioral therapy can do. It usually starts out 25% CBV, 75% med, then 50/50, and slowly to 100 CBV so no meds are involved.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2013-03-11, 01:01 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "D3V, I agree with that attitude and..."
My friend, i'm going to give you a recipe for a shake that you drink once daily for the rest of your life. It will change your life.

-4 leaflets of Kale
-1 banana
-2 peaches
-1 lemon (skin peeled)
-3/4 large sticks of celery
-strawberries/blueberries/or pineapples one of the 3 1/2-1 cup.
-thumb size of ginger root (if you want to spend the $)

blend the shit out of it, get everything into a liquefied state. enjoy. It looks gross, but don't fret. You will have more energy after about the 3rd day of consuming, your mind will lose any fog you may have and you will feel more savant-like with a memory sharpness surpassing anything you've experienced before. Chemical imbalances? Gone. This shake will detox your body completely, and reset your inner-workings. Seriously, just try it for a week and report back. You'll spend about 5 for an entire blender full, which is about 8 glasses worth. Report back to me.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2013-03-11, 09:08 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "My friend, i'm going to give you a..."
So add Kale and ginger root to what I usually consume (not shitting you, I eat a lot of fruit each day). Looks way too good to be true. Worth a shot I suppose, but seems like I'll be wasting money.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2013-03-11, 04:43 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "So add Kale and ginger root to what I..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2013-03-11, 07:12 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "So add Kale and ginger root to what I..."
HandOfHeaven said: [Goto]
So add Kale and ginger root to what I usually consume (not shitting you, I eat a lot of fruit each day). Looks way too good to be true. Worth a shot I suppose, but seems like I'll be wasting money.
Kale is the key ingredient, it is the most nutrient and mineral condensed super-vegetable on Earth. I've never even heard much of it before 2-3 months ago and now I can't get enough of it. Ginger root is about $4 at Walmart, and it's roughly the size of a potato though not as round. Kale is cheap, maybe $1 for 6-7 cups worth. A mental detox would do a world of help, oh and not sure what narcotics/other stimulants you still consume but I would cold turkey everything while you're doing this and let it go a full course.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2013-03-12, 07:27 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Kale is the key ingredient, it is the..."
Since you guys are swapping recipes, maybe someone will be interested in these boss banana oatmeal cookies:

http://www.theburlapbag.com/2012/07/...f-your-choice/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2013-03-12, 08:38 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Since you guys are swapping recipes,..."
I like Grav's recipe more.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2013-03-14, 09:11 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I like Grav's recipe more."
I've got a nice recipe for shake n bake if anyone is curious about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2013-03-14, 04:42 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I've got a nice recipe for shake n bake..."
Shake and bake is dangerous, Jesse! I need you to kill Gus.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack