Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Bungie Leaves Microsoft
Posted 2007-10-05, 02:58 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21149633/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-05, 03:06 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Bungie Leaves Microsoft"
Haha, I was gonna post this exact same article before I went to lunch. Weird.

Well good for Bungie. Fuck Microsoft.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-10-05, 03:25 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Bungie Leaves Microsoft"
They've served their purpose, and they're tossed aside like a dirty tissue.

Should be interesting to see what they can come out with for other platforms, now that they're not completely exclusive to Microsoft.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-10-05, 04:46 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "They've served their purpose, and..."
That's awesome, Ferrex was always talking about how fascinating he found the concept of MMO design, I wonder if they'll get their chance?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-10-05, 08:20 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "That's awesome, Ferrex was always..."
Funny, Oni is the only game of theirs that I've played, which happens to be one of my all-time favorite games, gameplay-wise.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2007-10-05, 11:06 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Haha, I was gonna post this exact same..."
Thanatos said:
Haha, I was gonna post this exact same article before I went to lunch. Weird.
Ditto. Guess I'll have to settle for posting Jack Thompson Updates.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-10-08, 06:32 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Ditto. Guess I'll have to settle for..."
Wonder why? I guess over 1.5 million pre-orders for Halo 3 wasn't good enough?

BTW, I didn't read the article yet, the subject just doesn't make sense to me?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-10-08, 06:56 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Wonder why? I guess over 1.5 million..."
Titusfied said:

I'm assuming that they simply ran the length of their contract with Microsoft, and it shows that they're going independent.

Nothing in that article suggested that they were "let go", it sounded like an amicable departure and even says that they're still going to be investing together in the "Halo entertainment property".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-10-08, 07:16 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I'm assuming that they simply ran the..."
I bet Sony will go to them and ask to create a series for the P3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-10-08, 07:22 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I bet Sony will go to them and ask to..."
I better step up my animation education, they may be hiring in the future then, lawl.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-10-08, 08:57 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I better step up my animation..."
Vollstrecker said:
I better step up my animation education, they may be hiring in the future then, lawl.
HAHA and if you do, then ill be your best friend if u get me on the tester team
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-10-09, 07:14 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Wonder why? I guess over 1.5 million..."
Titusfied said:

It's as simple as Ps3>Xbox360

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-10-09, 07:43 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's as simple as Ps3>Xbox360"
I disagree.

Fuck off, Lenny!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-10-09, 09:14 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I disagree. Fuck off, Lenny!"
More gaming velocity, i'd choose it too. Xbox360 just has a new name, same graphics capabilities, while the PS3 has 20x more capabilities, it's the console of the future.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-10-09, 09:16 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "More gaming velocity, i'd choose it..."
Sony and Microsoft are equal douchebags in my opinion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-09, 09:18 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Sony and Microsoft are equal douchebags..."
Yes because playing games with a remote control pwnz j00.

Honestly though, who cares about Bungie? They're all greedy douchebags along with microsoft trying to turn profit off of each other.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-10-09, 09:22 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yes because playing games with a remote..."
Where did I say anything about Wii? Nintendo is horrible these days. I wouldn't even put the Wii in the same league as the PS3 or Xbox360.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-09, 11:54 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I disagree. Fuck off, Lenny!"
Say wha? What've I done now?

---

Judging by various articles scattered around, Bungie are now a second party developer. They take their games to Microsoft first and, if the green giant doesn't want them, then they can take them to other platforms.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-10-09, 12:00 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Say wha? What've I done now? :confused:..."
Sounds like a wise decision to them, I sense Halo 4 being able to be played on various consoles that can all connect to each other

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-10-09, 12:02 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Sounds like a wise decision to them, I..."
Microsoft still owns Halo. You'll never see Halo on other consoles unless Microsoft, for some reason, allows it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!