Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Final Fantasy XIII
Posted 2007-03-28, 05:29 PM
Final Fantasy XIII information.

Final Fantasy XIII will probably begin with a woman named Lightning making disturbance to the politic goverment. She is not alone, for there is a man wearing a bandana (also to be named by weather, not related to Lightning though) who appeared in E3 trailer. There are two worlds; Cocoon is a sky city, people live under the goverment and are getting deceived all the time. Pulse is the earth. The people of Cocoon are told to fear the danger that lurks on Pulse for it is vigilant to go outside the city walls. However those who actually do and happen to touch the ground will begin to think for themselves. The goverment didn't like this at all so they gave all the people of Cocoon a warning about Pulse. If they were to travel to Pulse they would be exiled. There is a secret/strange organization that also fears Cocoon's goverments and its inhabitants. The crystal looked for itself a woman, who should destroy this world and its inhabitants. One believes that this woman will lead the world to its fall. Her name is Lightning.

Battle system will be rendered in CGI thanks to the White Engine. The battle system works very complicated, so have I heard, and will it work like Advent
Children. Toshiro Tsuchida tells in an interview that the random encounter will not return but the enemy's will move around and have a "mind of their own" (works like Final Fantasy XII). Toshiro Tsuchida is the battle system director for Front Mission and Final Fantasy X, he said that he could bring battles like in Final Fantasy Advent Children to gameplay.

There are many things I will add soon, I hope. When I have time. I hope this is enough for now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nero Angelo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNero Angelo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nero Angelo

Posted 2007-03-28, 07:44 PM in reply to Nero Angelo's post "Final Fantasy XIII"
Lightning is just her code-name until they actually reveal her real name.

The graphics for the game look amazing, most people say you can't tell the difference between gameplay and cinematics. The whole game is apparently higher quality than any previous cinematics in FF games.

I should clarify, the battle system of FFXIII isn't like Advent Children, the battle graphics and movements and everything like that will be similar to Advent Children though. The battle system itself is a lot like FFXII's battle system, you don't go into a "battle screen" like in FFX or any before that, the fights take place in the same screen as where you run around like in FFXII.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2007-03-28 at 07:51 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-03-29, 01:14 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Lightning is just her code-name until..."
Yes, that is her code-name they said. The difference between gameplay and cinematics is almost none. When Square realized that Playstation 2 couldn't handle the White Engine they moved up to Playstation 3.

I said that Toshiro Tsuchida said that random encounters won't be in Final Fantasy XIII, he made the battle system for Final Fantasy X, I said. And what I meant about XII was that the Activate Dimension Battle, (where enemies are seen while walking, whetever you attack them or not is your choice) will also be in Final Fantasy XIII (or a system similiar to it). Yes I did though say that it will be like Advent Children. Toshiro said that the battle system would work similar to Advent Children though, and by that he meant he was going to take the Final Fantasy battle system to a new level of gaming.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nero Angelo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNero Angelo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nero Angelo