Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Exclamation -->Important Information About Account Stolen<--
Posted 2003-11-25, 03:55 AM
Battle.net said:
A vulnerability relating to abusing the account recovery system has been fixed. Affected characters will be restored where possible, as quickly as we can. Everyone caught abusing this system will have their accounts closed and cd-keys banned from Battle.net. We apologize for the trouble this has caused.
For original thread located on battle.net.
--> http://www.battle.net/forums/thread....=14#post498272 <--
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-25, 08:29 AM in reply to Kuja's post "-->Important Information About Account..."
Dude, and I thought someone was hacking me. If they restore my necro I'll cream myself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-11-25, 10:00 AM in reply to Kuja's post "-->Important Information About Account..."
You should try to recover your account via e-mail recovery. That way if by bad luck they dont *recover* your account you might still have your chars and maybe everything left there.

When i heard about it my char was still in a game trying to get DC to come out. So i checked my other chars everything was there. Then i switched tomy other account everything was fine. So i decided to go back on my main account but i couldnt log back in cause password had been changed long ago by recovery. But for some reason nothing i have is gone and i do have some good stuff. So maybe you didnt get anything stolen either. Anyway, you got nothing to lose trying to get it back.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-25, 10:01 AM in reply to Kuja's post "-->Important Information About Account..."
Well I've had my account back for a while, but my shit was jacked.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-11-28, 04:23 AM in reply to Kuja's post "-->Important Information About Account..."
this has happened to me... There are to many victims of Battle.net's excuse to ban acc's
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2003-11-28, 06:32 AM in reply to Kuja's post "-->Important Information About Account..."
Is it me or shuld this not be stickied??? All the problems with b.net are fixed and if people are that worried about thier accounts they can go to www.battle.net. Once again, i think this should be unstickied.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-11-28, 09:17 AM in reply to Kuja's post "-->Important Information About Account..."
I stickied it cause i think it should be for now. True it get fixed, but lot ppl didnt get restored yet and might not have their account this is info for those who do not know what happened to their account and they can see it here. So they get an awnser they need.

Zelaron aint suposed to be "Oh, it's on another forum let's not post it"
We are suposed to have information about stuff and that's what it is. I will unstickie it in 4-5 days. Cause by then it shouldnt be useful information anymore.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-29, 09:54 AM in reply to Kuja's post "-->Important Information About Account..."
If anyone was wondering how it works... i'm not totally sure, but:

A person wants your acount, so he logs on west and makes the same exact account as yours, and registered email as his. Somehow he then goes to battle.net, switches the email (telling battle.net his WEST name/password, then telling him he's on the EAST server.) Then he reports stolen, and gets the pass to the east account.

Im not sure this is how it works, but a couple of people have told me it worked this way, because the "old school bug" back a long time ago had this same general concept.
Proud Clan W@R Member
htt://www.fallenarms.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Trail is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTrail is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Trail

Posted 2003-11-29, 10:10 AM in reply to Kuja's post "-->Important Information About Account..."
That is correct, except there wasnt an old-school bug because there was no email account conformation back when D2 came out so this couldnt have been an old-school bug.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar