Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Lightbulb Pokemon Style game? VX Or Xp
Posted 2008-05-16, 12:45 PM
I Would like to learn how to make a Pokemon style game, but i don't have the slightest idea on how i would go around to get the capture and summon on call Type thing. For example, i do want the player to fight but hes going to be significantly less powerfull than the monsters he will summon.
how would i go around making event-based monster summoning. if thats possible.

If not, could anyone direct me to what scripts i would need?
Thanks,
Wolfturn

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wolfturn

Posted 2008-05-16, 01:32 PM in reply to Wolfturn's post "Pokemon Style game? VX Or Xp"
There was a summoning script on a Side View Battle based around FFX. The best possible place for you to find the scripts you need would be rmxp.org. Also the resources. And you can make your main fighter less powerful by going into the database and messing with the Str etc. There have been a few pokemon games made with the RMXP though, So it is possible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-05-17, 05:04 AM in reply to Coriander's post starting "There was a summoning script on a Side..."
One mroe thing would you do the database for this game before or while doing the game? cause sometimes i do it before

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wolfturn

Posted 2008-05-17, 01:05 PM in reply to Wolfturn's post starting "One mroe thing would you do the..."
I like to do the database before creating the actual game. Getting the Stats of each monster and character done, new icons and weapons and enemies done. The new animations, I just prefer to do it beforehand.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander