Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

So I wanna be a rogue...
Posted 2004-12-01, 07:00 PM
this rogue is going on straight PvP realm, so i would like to know an ideal race for the rogue, i was thinking a human, but would gnome be better off because of more agi? thats why i coem to you all. also how do they suffice in PvP?

(one last thing i need a guild on any PvP realm, for i will not start yet, just looking for a guild.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
j_d is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenj_d is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

j_d

Posted 2004-12-01, 08:06 PM in reply to j_d's post "So I wanna be a rogue..."
Dwarf rouge all the way!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-12-01, 09:55 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Dwarf rouge all the way!"
I like troll for rogue, and undead also seems a good choice. Forget alliance since they're nothing but a bunch of girls. I'm building mine for PvP and it seems to be doing awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-12-01, 10:29 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "I like troll for rogue, and undead also..."
Forget allaince except for the gnomes since they are so sweet.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-12-01, 11:20 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Forget allaince except for the gnomes..."
MightyJoe said:
Forget allaince except for the gnomes since they are so gay. Smash them at every opporunity!
I couldn't agree more.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-12-02, 07:44 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I couldn't agree more."
If you're going Horde, Undead is where it's at for Rogue. The 20 second immunity to fear with a 1.5 minute cooldown is very nice. The beginning stats don't have very much punch in the long run, since you'll be getting such a boost from items.

As far as builds, it really depends on what you like. Burst damage at the beginning of a fight and slower damage thereafter, or good constant damage. I'm going for burst damage, because it can really catch an alliance member off guard if they're out hunting. I know when I'm hunting I'm not expecting to be ambushed in the back for several hundred damage. The constant damage with a sword or mace build is also probably better for leveling.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2004-12-02, 08:35 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "I like troll for rogue, and undead also..."
Bunch of girls?

lol. My friend and I snuck all the way through orc territory and went to Ogrimmar. Uncloaked RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE GATES , and stayed there for more then 30 minutes. Not one single person attacked us. High lvls, low lvls, and people my level alike.

. Good job horde, you permitted 2 low lvls to harass your main city for over 30 minutes

Last edited by Sovereign; 2004-12-02 at 08:40 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-12-02, 10:39 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Bunch of girls? lol. My friend..."
On Burning Legion, you would've been dead in 2 minutes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-12-02, 10:43 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I couldn't agree more."
Thats not what I said. Anyway on BL he couldn't make it a min.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-12-02, 12:29 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Bunch of girls? lol. My friend..."
Um, Illidan has a nice big queue, remember? That means that noone new is coming on the server, remember? So that means that Durotar is abandoned except for miners and people traveling between Orgrimmar and the zeplin. When you go to Durotar to mine, you want to get your copper and get back where all your friends are ASAP. If you're catching a zeplin, you don't want to miss it. If you had actually gone into Orgrimmar propper, I'm sure you could have found the beatdown you were seeking.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-12-02, 01:35 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Um, Illidan has a nice big queue,..."
You go, WW!

Go to the Crossroads in the Barrens if you want someone to fight. I'm sure where there is some 20+ and antsy children that'll happily end you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2004-12-02, 02:05 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Um, Illidan has a nice big queue,..."
Queue seems to be dying off, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-12-02, 08:32 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post starting "You go, WW! Go to the Crossroads in..."
I don't even know how to get there. Doesn't matter, I ran into lvl 20's, 21's and even lvl30+ in front of ogrimmary and none of those "Antsy children" even engaged me. The lvl 30 probably saw me as no threat but the lvl 20's should have defended their homeland. Skurd? Or just Lazy?

Meh.

Are any major guilds plaing horde?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-12-02, 09:03 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I don't even know how to get there. ..."
Sovereign said:
I don't even know how to get there. Doesn't matter, I ran into lvl 20's, 21's and even lvl30+ in front of ogrimmary and none of those "Antsy children" even engaged me. The lvl 30 probably saw me as no threat but the lvl 20's should have defended their homeland. Skurd? Or just Lazy?

Meh.

Are any major guilds plaing horde?
Yes. Sidus.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2004-12-02, 10:03 PM in reply to j_d's post "So I wanna be a rogue..."
Well, I just finished off the quest for my poisons and as soon as I get to try them out I'll give a bit of feedback.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-12-03, 07:29 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "Well, I just finished off the quest for..."
What exactly are they defending their homeland against? It's not like you can attack first in Horde territory, so you're really no threat to anyone. If you started to attack the guards and the defense call went off, I'm sure a few people would have ran out from Orgrimmar to greet you. Either way it doesn't matter, because you wasted your time, which is funny.

Yeah slim, poisons are cool. I'm gonna shoot for level 28 this weekend so I can get my second level in Instant Poison, as well as another level of Ambush at 26. It's not like poisons hurt to place on your weapon, and they're not that expensive either. I love rogues.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

ask_rabber

Posted 2004-12-03, 08:01 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I don't even know how to get there. ..."
Did I not just explain that anyone in open Durotar (read: not in Orgrimmar propper) is too busy to be bothered with owning two idiots who aren't bothering anyone. Again, I reassert that if you had actually walked into Orgrimmar instead of standing outside of it, you would have gotten your beatdown.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-12-03, 08:08 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Did I not just explain that anyone in..."
Yes, and try to take on the two guards (what level are they??), while im only 22. I'm not that stupid. How long DOES it take a lvl 35 to kill a lvl 22? Probably less then 30 seconds. Stop trying to defend cowards/lazy bums!! They had no reason Kthx.

Once I get my stealth to a higher level, and perhaps a better vanish, I WILL try to sneak in just for fun ^.^, but thats the farthest I could go w/o getting raped by high level guards.

Last edited by Sovereign; 2004-12-03 at 08:11 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-12-03, 09:05 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I don't even know how to get there. ..."
Yes. The Goon Exodus. But they've gotten enough members to go both factions on different servers
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin