Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

What are you playing?
Posted 2004-05-25, 07:10 AM
What games are you currently in the midst of playing? What games have you recenly beaten? What games do you plan on picking up sometime within the next month or so?

Currently Playing

Xenogears (PS1)
Final Fantasy 6 (PS1)
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (GCN)
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (GCN)
Fire Emblem (GBA)
Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA)

Recently Beaten

Final Fantasy 5 (PS1)
Devil May Cry (PS2)
I-Ninja (GCN)
Sword of Mana (GBA)
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge(GBA)

Soon To Purchase

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Soul Blazer (SNES)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-05-25, 09:08 AM in reply to Raziel's post "What are you playing?"
Been playing starcraft, Metroid Zero Mission(it's a bit too easy and I'm on normal, I killed ridley in 5 seconds flat.) and hopefully D2 soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-05-25, 10:58 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Been playing starcraft, Metroid Zero..."
I recently got rise of nations : thrones and patriots but havent really gotten a chance to play it, and also im thinking of buying a gamecube with zelda the windwaker.

And when u have nothing to do, go download the multiplayer sof2 demo, even though it's an ''older'' game its still alot of fun
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2004-05-25, 01:41 PM in reply to Raziel's post "What are you playing?"
Diablo II LOD (PC)
Socom Navy Seals (PS2)
Kirby's Dream Course (SNES)
CnC Generals (PC)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-05-25, 02:42 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Diablo II LOD (PC) Socom Navy Seals..."
Playing:

D2: LoD

That's about it, folks!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-05-25, 03:43 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Playing: D2: LoD That's about it,..."
Wc3 xpac d2 lod halo pc
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-05-25, 03:51 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Wc3 xpac d2 lod halo pc"
I'm playing, Hunter: The Reckoning, for XBox right now. Had it for a while, but finally had some time recently. Its not bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-05-25, 05:27 PM in reply to Raziel's post "What are you playing?"
I haven't been playing much lately...

Playing:
-CS(PC)
-RB6 Raven Sheild(PC)
-Tribes 2(PC)
-Halo(Xbox) also beat
-PG2(Xbox) also beat

Wanting to play again:
-Star Wars Galaxies
-Starcraft

Wanting to Purchase(good question):
-Halo2 when it comes out

As you can see my list is small, not many games out there I care for. I am mainly looking for a good MMORPG, don't say WoW. The game had me hyped, but now I look at it and think... "I was going to get that?". I am sure it isn't going to be as great as a game as I want. That is why I am looking at SWG, the game has grown a lot and I have heard a lot of good stuff.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2004-05-26, 11:14 AM in reply to Raziel's post "What are you playing?"
OT: Nice, Raz. Gonna have me a sick-ass Xenogears themed sig soon, got a friend making it now.

Currently playing Diablo 2 (of course) and playing Legend of Dragoon on PS1 right now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-05-26, 01:08 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "OT: Nice, Raz. Gonna have me a..."
playing d2lod, cs, gunbound, um and sometimes wc3 ft, i want to get a bunch of games, but i dont want to spend so much money and i dont enough money either, games i want to get are prince of persia, hitman3, true crimes for pc, some nba game i want more, cant think of them

Last edited by iceman887; 2004-05-26 at 01:11 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-05-26, 01:48 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "playing d2lod, cs, gunbound, um and..."
Currently Playing:

Farcry
Unreal Tournament 2004
Ninja Gaiden (like 3rd time through, still incredibly fun)
Syphon Filter: Omega Strain (Better than made out to be)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-05-27, 07:20 AM in reply to uncapped's post starting "Currently Playing: Farcry Unreal..."
Playing:
Halo(Xbox)
FFX-2(PS2)
Xenosaga(PS2)
.Hack\\infection(PS2)

Waiting for:
Halo2(Xbox)

Looking for:
Any good PC game that doesn't require broadband connection.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-05-28, 07:12 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Playing: Halo(Xbox) FFX-2(PS2)..."
Lineage2 - (I'm red right now('tis teh suk ))
BF1942 (CUZ VIETNAM SUXS! (choppers do(HAR!!!!(Only Play with clan though))))
Gunbound (when I got like 30 mins to play something(or 15(or10(or EVEN 5!))))
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2004-05-28, 08:37 AM in reply to Eddie_Perez's post starting "Lineage2 - (I'm red right now('tis teh..."
WC3TFT (custom games mostly [aos mostly] ), D2, CStrike (rarely), *Insert Random Console Game Here*

Waiting for HL2, Doom3, and WoW.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-05-30, 02:16 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "WC3TFT (custom games mostly [aos..."
Got a few more to add...

Now Playing

Mario vs. Donkey Kong (GBA)
Gungrave (PS2)

I purchased a ridiculous number of games this weekend...I really shouldn't have, but I couldn't resist.

I've got MvDK halfway finished and Gungrave is supposed to be abhorrently short. Like two hours. Once I finish both of those games, I'll be starting on Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA).

By the way, for those of you unaware, Pac Man Vs. on Gamecube is disgustingly fun. It shouldn't be as entertaining as it is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-06-12, 11:09 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Got a few more to add... Now Playing..."
Just Beaten:

Hunter: The Reckoning
Tom Clancey's Ghost Recon
HALO - Lengendary SP (Again... Bored)

Now Playing:

Blood Omen 2: The Legacy of Kain
Tom Clancey's Rainbow Six 3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-06-12, 11:38 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Just Beaten: Hunter: The Reckoning..."
Oh, Titus, please say that BO2 isn't your first foray into the Legacy of Kain series. That game is easily the least impressive of the bunch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-06-12, 11:58 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Oh, Titus, please say that BO2 isn't..."
Well, I bought it a long ass time ago, right when it came out, but wasn't very impressed, so I stopped playing it. I decided to pick it up again after hearing your rave reviews on the series. Honestly, I'm still not that impressed yet, but its not my first dip into the series, I don't think. I did play and beat the very first one of the series (I think at least) that came out for Playstation years upon years upon years ago.

What ones would you recommend over BO2, and why is this one so much different and unimpressive?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-06-13, 12:12 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Oh, Titus, please say that BO2 isn't..."
I'd certainly hope so. I got bored of blood omen 2 before i got anywhere near to beating it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-06-13, 01:00 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I'd certainly hope so. I got bored of..."
I'd recommend picking up Soul Reaver far before either of the Blood Omen games. Then I'd suggest playing SR2, and then Defiance. The two Blood Omen games are definitely cool, but the SR games are just much better.

The reason Blood Omen 2 is so disappointing is based around few key factors:

1) Extreme technical issues. Blood Omen 2 features a sacreligious lack of polish. The hit-detection sucks, the framrate drops constantly and there are a number of clipping problems. On top of that, there are a number of cinematics in the game where the audio track is offset from the video by a full five seconds. Plus, the animations are stiff and repetitive and the sound effects are occasionally glitchy. There's just a ton of bugs.

2) The puzzle design is atrocious. Seriously, it's all lever and block puzzles. Boring, uninspired and very, very done.

3) The level design is 100% linear. You don't revisit areas, there's little to no exploration to be found and you don't have much of a choice as to where you should go next.

4) The story is a bit convoluted. It fucks with the Legcay of Kain plot a bit too much. Thankfully, Defiance cleans up almost all of the messes that BO2 made.

It's just not up to LoK standards. The bar set previously by SR1 and SR2 was just too high for BO2 to reach, especially considering that the BO2 team was a completely separate group from the Soul Reaver/Defiance team.

If you pick up Soul Reaver, you'll enjoy the hell out of it. That's the first one I played, and it's the game that got me hooked on the LoK series. SR2 fills in a lot of plot elements that you might be confused about. If you're really interested in the LoK series, here's the order I'd recommend.

Soul Reaver
Soul Reaver 2
Defiance

And then the Blood Omen games if you're interested in filling in the backstory. The Soul Reaver games and Defiance are the most important to the central plot, the Blood Omen games are just basically filler.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel