Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

HalfLife2
Posted 2004-01-21, 09:12 AM
Omg, I'm so excited about it! it's the biggest hype IMO.. im going to appear @ the store early to buy the game b4 it gets sold out cuz its omg awesome!

The ultimate trailer for it is 500mb or so, it shows how the engine works... ill explain some details

In the game the materials work like real materials, you hit wood and it works like wood, it slightly bends like real wood, it cracks, slivers fragments and sounds exactly like wood, metal bends snaps and sound slike metal and same goes for every other material like concrete..

The engine works on real world physics, if something is held by 3 small wooden pylons and you shoot one down, chances are that it will come tumbling down because the weight is too much for the wood to handle.
If you put barrels on a slant, they will start rolling.. the engine also clearly shows that there are no set limits to what can be done physics wise. you can push tables.. hit tables, pick things up and throw them at people, cut people in half, cut off limbs or cut their torso ect.. my favorite feature of the game though is a gun (not sure what it's called yet) but ill explain it

With this gun you can pick anything up froma distance and move it around iwth a beam swing it at people and also launch them at people (in the video they show somebody picking up letters from a building and launching it at a robotic spider, they also show him picking up a heater (big wall heaters) and launch it at somebody which ended up killing him .. he was crushed against a wall.
Another The deaths are all ragdoll deaths (ragdoll death is when the surrounding enviroment effects the death sequence) for example, if you shoot somebody near a table, he will land on the table and move according to the tables curves.. but with the real world physics im sure itll be much M UCH more interesting than any other ragdoll supporting game.

One of the greatest improvements are the graphics, there is somuch detail that it boggles the mind, the people's faces have true emotions, many MANY emotions... their mouth moves to what they say (including the shape of their lips) and their eyes cheeks chin ect ect. The textures are also incredible, they use real world effects so it seems like you are actually in the middle of the action while you are playing.. visit

http://www.planethalflife.com for more information (click on halflife2) ofcourse

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2004-01-21, 12:48 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "HalfLife2"
When I hear information about CS for HL2, then I will buy it

know any info on that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2004-01-27, 05:32 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "When I hear information about CS for..."
It only talks about halflife2, no mods are plannet for it yet but the game will come with its own mod making program so that it gets popular, I'm sure CS for hl2 will be a huge hit, even ww2 games ect.. omg i cant wait

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2004-01-27, 06:15 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post starting "It only talks about halflife2, no mods..."
Well, I got the game already so! Or a coupon, so when it comes out, I can download from them, and I already got the activation key.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2004-01-27, 06:45 PM in reply to Eddie_Perez's post starting "Well, I got the game already so! Or a..."
All the new Raedon's come with a free copy.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-01-27, 08:04 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "All the new Raedon's come with a free..."
Yep I have that coupon too. Are you sure we can download it? I heard that they send it to you and it takes like 4-6 weeks.

I loved the physics engine in Max Payne 2. I had hours of fun just messing around with that.

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2004-01-27, 08:12 PM in reply to zeal311's post starting "Yep I have that coupon too. Are you..."
HL2 comes with a copy of Team Fortress 2 and in the source which I "DIDN'T DOWNLOAD" there are a few files in a folder about CS but I think it's recycled weapon code from the original.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-01-27, 10:03 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "All the new Raedon's come with a free..."
Adrenachrome said:
All the new Raedon's come with a free copy.
I think it's just the XT's...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2004-01-28, 11:13 AM in reply to Eddie_Perez's post starting "I think it's just the XT's..."
All the raedons worth using*

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-01-28, 11:36 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "All the raedons worth using*"
ATI Rage Pro!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-01-28, 12:07 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "ATI Rage Pro!"
GravitonSurge said:
ATI Rage Pro!
ATI Rage Fury MAXX!

Last time I was at CompUSA, I looked, and only the 9800s said they had the coupon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-01-28, 04:16 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "ATI Rage Fury MAXX! Last time I was..."
WetWired said:
ATI Rage Fury MAXX!

Last time I was at CompUSA, I looked, and only the 9800s said they had the coupon.
My 9600 SE came with one, so that cant be true.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
p1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenp1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

p1ng

Posted 2004-01-29, 10:17 AM in reply to p1ng's post starting "My 9600 SE came with one, so that cant..."
I said that only the 9800s had a sticker on the front of the box at the store that I looked at. You don't shop at the same store that I do, so you can't say whether or not it can be true. Whether or not they actually had coupons inside is a whole 'nother discussion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-01-29, 10:50 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I said that only the 9800s had a..."
This conversation is waning into something else... back on the topic of the best-looking game of the century... Starship Troopers and Far Cry have a bit on it though as of yet. Doom 3 looks nice but that's a whole different story. The main thing to be excited about with HL2 is the mods that will come out within the first few years and even after that unless HL3 comes out fast. Half-Life still has great mods out and it's been around for more than 5 years.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-01-29, 01:01 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I said that only the 9800s had a..."
WetWired said:
I said that only the 9800s had a sticker on the front of the box at the store that I looked at. You don't shop at the same store that I do, so you can't say whether or not it can be true. Whether or not they actually had coupons inside is a whole 'nother discussion.
Its a CompUSA. Its no different than any other CompUSA. Over priced, bad service, and with the wrong information.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
p1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenp1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

p1ng

Posted 2004-01-29, 01:08 PM in reply to p1ng's post starting "Its a CompUSA. Its no different than..."
Amen. At mine they dont even accept debit cards. "BestBuy>CompUSA"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2004-01-29, 01:54 PM in reply to Eddie_Perez's post starting "Amen. At mine they dont even accept..."
Eddie_Perez said:
Amen. At mine they dont even accept debit cards. "BestBuy>CompUSA"
I agree, except that unfortunately, BestBuy is often lacking in the selection department, forcing me to make a trip to the only CompUSA in a city of over a million people, conveniently located in the middle of the worst traffic in the city... The only thing good I have to say about CompUSA is that if I'm looking for something computer related, they are the local retailer most likely to have it...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2004-01-29, 09:46 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I agree, except that unfortunately,..."
I actually expect to be underwhelmed by Half Life 2. I just don't think ANY game could live up to the hype this one has. Doom 3 will probably suffer the same fate.

Both may end up good games, but I'll still feel some dissappointment. Always happens with hyped games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2004-01-30, 12:03 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "I actually expect to be underwhelmed by..."
I don't expect to be impressed with the singleplayer aspect of HL2, it's the multiplayer scene I'm buying it for.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-01-30, 03:05 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "I don't expect to be impressed with the..."
I strongly oppose that ... i actually think it will be a great game in both worlds.. hl was great singleplayer.. hl2 must be better.. especially witht he physics engine... look at the gameplay movie.. it shows how the game is played.. there are ingame movies and it is great! it will surely change your mind

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

EX-Mania