Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Summary of Nintendo Stats.
Posted 2004-01-27, 01:58 PM
Thanks to www.planetgamecube for these statistics, which are accurate.

DID YOU KNOW?

NPD Data Reveals Nintendo #1 in Several Categories

January 22, 2004 -- If awards were handed out today for the stars of the video game industry in 2003, Nintendo would walk home with an armful more than any other company. According to independent retail sales data just released by NPD Funworld, Nintendo was named No. 1 in the following categories by the nation's game players:

- No. 1 Selling System: Game Boy® Advance, with 8.1 million sold in 2003

- No. 1 Fastest-Growing System: Nintendo GameCube™, with a 40 percent unit sales increase over 2002 (compared to a 25 percent decline for Sony's PlayStation 2, and flat sales for Microsoft's Xbox)

- No. 1 Fastest-Growing Game Seller: Nintendo GameCube, with a 77 percent unit sales increase over 2002

- No. 1 Hit Maker: Four of the year's top seven sellers played only on Nintendo (Pokémon® Ruby and Pokémon® Sapphire for Game Boy Advance; The Legend of Zelda®: The Wind Waker™ and Mario Kart®: Double Dash!!™ for Nintendo GameCube)

- No. 1 Sales Growth: Corporate retail revenues increased 16 percent over 2002

- No. 1 Landmark: Game Boy Advance just sold its 20 millionth system in America!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-01-28, 09:55 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Summary of Nintendo Stats."
That is only because everybody who buys Playstation 2 already did within the past 3 years while gamecube is just finally selling after a couple years. I also find some of that info hard to believe, especially since it came from a Gamecube website makes it sound like they are boasting the system.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-01-28, 10:34 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "That is only because everybody who buys..."
I find it easy to believe, becuase the exact same information is coming from "all platforms" magazines.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-01-28, 04:10 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "I find it easy to believe, becuase the..."
Probably from the same ones who though wind waker was the best game of the year.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
p1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenp1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

p1ng

Posted 2004-01-28, 05:10 PM in reply to p1ng's post starting "Probably from the same ones who though..."
Which it most definatly was.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-01-28, 11:15 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Which it most definatly was."
All of the information is 100% accurate. It's official NPD financial data, not some editor's esitmate. These exact same numbers have also been reported on IGN and Gamespot, and those are two of the most reputable gaming sources online.

And Wind Waker was the best game of the year. The day I see Rockstar Games create a world as immersive or detailed as The Great Sea is the day I suck Bob Dole off for twelve hours.

Tyrannicide said:
while gamecube is just finally selling after a couple years.
It's been selling just as much as XBox since both of their launches. It's been selling well, just not as astronomically well as the PS2, mainly because the PS2 had a full year of a head start.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-01-29, 01:08 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "All of the information is 100%..."
Wow. Takes alot of skill to make an ocean and a few islands.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
p1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenp1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

p1ng

Posted 2004-01-29, 02:32 PM in reply to p1ng's post starting "Wow. Takes alot of skill to make an..."
p1ng said:
Wow. Takes alot of skill to make an ocean and a few islands.
As opposed to a couple buildings and streets?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Gta Is Better Than Zelda Wind Waker
Posted 2004-01-29, 03:37 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "As opposed to a couple buildings and..."
Jamesadin said:
Lets put it this way, go around killing people with guns, drive awsome cars, helicopters...and their r a lot of buildings and streets, quite complex.

Wind waker is cell shaded and it turned out shitty, super gay like homosexualness cause it is nintendo.

I rest my case.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-01-29, 04:15 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post "Gta Is Better Than Zelda Wind Waker"
Id prefer if you didn't make those remarks in what I like to think as a relativly clean forum. :\

But no, I like GTA, it just doesnt have the depth and awesomeness of a truely classic series.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-01-29, 05:28 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Id prefer if you didn't make those..."
Morrowind, along with it's expansions, is a much more immersive world then both of those combined.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-01-29, 06:33 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Id prefer if you didn't make those..."
I liked links awakening on the gameboy. I always got stuck though. Apparently chickens dont like it when you hit them with swords.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

p1ng

Posted 2004-01-30, 12:50 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post "Gta Is Better Than Zelda Wind Waker"
Tyrannicide said:
Wind waker is cell shaded and it turned out shitty, super gay like homosexualness cause it is nintendo.

I rest my case.
That's a pretty crappy case to put to rest...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-01-31, 05:59 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "That's a pretty crappy case to put to..."
That was the joke. Thanx for ruining it.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-01-31, 11:49 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "That was the joke. Thanx for ruining it."
Jokes are supposed to be witty, dude.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-02-01, 09:14 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "As opposed to a couple buildings and..."
Jamesadin said:
You try making hundreds of buildings with all the nessesary details, and then a complex and detailed road system that runs throughout all of this. Then add cars, pedestrians, seagulls, airplanes, helicopters, and sky effects. Then find a way to get the playstation 2 to run all of this with no slowdown in the middle of a heated gang war.

Vs running some copy-and-pasted cel chaded water for a certain distance on the (slightly) faster gamecube. Even halflife can do that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

p1ng

Posted 2004-02-01, 04:43 PM in reply to p1ng's post starting "You try making hundreds of buildings..."
Half-life doesn't support true cell shading.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-02-01, 10:28 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "All of the information is 100%..."
Raziel said:
All of the information is 100% accurate. It's official NPD financial data, not some editor's esitmate. These exact same numbers have also been reported on IGN and Gamespot, and those are two of the most reputable gaming sources online.

And Wind Waker was the best game of the year. The day I see Rockstar Games create a world as immersive or detailed as The Great Sea is the day I suck Bob Dole off for twelve hours.

It's been selling just as much as XBox since both of their launches. It's been selling well, just not as astronomically well as the PS2, mainly because the PS2 had a full year of a head start.
I hope for your sake Rockstar doesn't create a world as immersive as the great sea in windwaker.If they do don't waste 12 hours of your life with Bob Dole.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-02-02, 04:53 AM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "I hope for your sake Rockstar doesn't..."
Dan XIII said:
I hope for your sake Rockstar doesn't create a world as immersive as the great sea in windwaker.If they do don't waste 12 hours of your life with Bob Dole.
It won't happen because that's not the sort of game that Rockstar makes. They make "gritty" and "realistic" games about the disgusting underbelly of society. The day they create an expansive, intricate adventure game is the day they cease being Rockstar Games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-02-02, 07:02 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Half-life doesn't support true cell..."
GravitonSurge said:
Half-life doesn't support true cell shading.
No kidding. Thanks for the update Grav.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

p1ng