Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Developer Positions
Posted 2008-06-12, 09:52 AM
Below is a list of the current positions for the Zelaron MMORPG. If you would like to be added to the list, or join another category, reply to this thread with the desired change(s). Note that anyone can contribute to any category at will; the members listed here have merely expressed interest to focus on particular areas of choice.

Game Designers:
  • Chruser
  • -Spector-

Programmers:
  • Goodlookinguy
  • Shinto Katana

Story Writers:
  • None

Concept Artists:
  • None

3D Modellers:
  • Chruser
  • Goodlookinguy
  • osmoses-jones

Music Composers:
  • Shinto Katana
  • Wed-G

Web Designers:
  • Lenny
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-06-12 at 11:55 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-12, 10:02 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Developer Positions"
Which program/s will you be doing the 3D modelling in?

And if someone gives me an idea about how they want the website to look, you can put me down as a Web Designer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-06-12, 10:11 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Which program/s will you be doing the..."
I'm suggesting RealmCrafter Professional as a candidate for the game engine! It comes out this month.

I also suggest using Blender 3D to do 3D work in.

EDIT: By the way, they are giving free updates from the latest version that is on sale right now to the pro version. I suggest buying it now if it were to become the game engine. I've worked with it a lot, and like it a lot. They've made several big improvements from the beginning. And as far as I know, the professional one is supposed to way, way, better than the original, which was good to begin with.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-06-12 at 10:17 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-12, 10:19 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I'm suggesting RealmCrafter..."
You've got to pay for RealmCrafter - I'm not sure how many people would be willing to buy it unless there are, ahem, other ways of acquiring it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-06-12, 10:21 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You've got to pay for RealmCrafter -..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
You've got to pay for RealmCrafter - I'm not sure how many people would be willing to buy it unless there are, ahem, other ways of acquiring it.

I tried to, ahem, get it. I did too, but it was version 1.08 (Way Old). So I went and bought it. Especially since they're giving free upgrades to the pro one if you buy the normal one right now.

EDIT: Also, there are several people who don't need it.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-06-12 at 10:28 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-12, 10:36 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I tried to, ahem, get it. I did too,..."
lenny i just baught lightwave educational version for only 175$ and after six month i have to pay 95$ to go for commercial not a bad deal. Also you can buy sofimage xsi foundation for only 295$ i will buy xsi after i build my computer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2008-06-12, 11:46 AM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "lenny i just baught lightwave..."
While LightWave is a great all-round 3D package, polygon modelling is its strongest side. In fact, I would argue that it is the best polygon modelling tool on the market. It, however, is a horrendous program for animation.

Maya handles all areas well, with animation being one of its strongest sides, but if you intend to purchase Maya at some point, it has a very hefty price tag ($14,000+ USD, including a proper renderer). The same goes for 3D Studio MAX.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-06-12 at 11:50 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-12, 11:58 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "While LightWave is a great all-round 3D..."
Does anyone else want to be listed as a game designer?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-12, 02:53 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Does anyone else want to be listed as a..."
What does the general Game Designer position entail?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-06-12, 02:58 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "What does the general Game Designer..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
What does the general Game Designer position entail?

A game designer is basically an architect responsible for the structure or system of a game. The following description should give you an idea or two:

Wikipedia said:
A video or computer game designer develops the layout, concept and gameplay of a video or computer game. This may include playfield design, specification writing, and entry of numeric properties that balance and tune the gameplay. A game designer works for a developer (which may additionally be the game's video game publisher).

This person usually has a lot of writing experience and may even have a degree in writing or a related field (such as English). This person's primary job function is writing, so the more experience they have with that activity, the better. Some art and programming skills are also helpful for this job, but are not strictly necessary. In addition game designers often study relevant liberal arts such as psychology, sociology, drama, fine art or philosophy. Due to the increasing complexity of the game design process, many young game designers may also come from a computer science or other computer engineering background.

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-06-12 at 03:01 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-25, 04:55 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Developer Positions"
Hey Chruser, I got this weird email from you about the old-school members logging on and what not. I forgot what the Zelaron forums were. I checked you guys out again and saw your petition to get people involved in this MMO you are making here. I'm a recent college grad in digital media where I focused in 3D modeling and animation. I'm not great, but here's my portfolio www.jsathe.com . I'd love to help you guys out and get some experience if you need me. Thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kinoss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKinoss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kinoss

Posted 2008-06-26, 02:43 PM in reply to Kinoss's post starting "Hey Chruser, I got this weird email..."
hey cjruser can i have the story writer job
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-06-26, 06:28 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "hey cjruser can i have the story writer..."
jamer123 said: [Goto]
hey cjruser can i have the story writer job

I think pretty much everybody agrees that the answer for you is NO. You can't be a writer if you can't write properly. Start writing properly and everybody might turn their opinion around of you. Until then I really don't see you as getting that position.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-26, 06:37 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I think pretty much everybody agrees..."
I can do it if i wantl, espesily writing something important.
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-06-26, 06:47 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "I can do it if i wantl, espesily..."
I can do it if i wantl, espesily writing something important.

We don't want to correct all of your spelling errors either.

You, once again, spelled "I" as "i". You spelled "wantl" instead of "want" and "espesily" instead of "especially".

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-26, 06:55 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "We don't want to correct all of your..."
Well I'll find them and fix them and spell them right.
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

jamer123

Posted 2008-06-26, 07:03 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "Well I'll find them and fix them and..."
Well I'll find them and fix them and spell them right.

You'll also need to practice punctuation then. A correct version of your sentence is "Well, I'll find them, fix them, and spell them right."

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-26, 09:23 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "You'll also need to practice..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
You'll also need to practice punctuation then. A correct version of your sentence is "Well, I'll find them, fix them, and spell them right."
Dick? Oh, sorry. Thought you were someone else.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G