Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The earth is flat!
Posted 2002-04-05, 04:34 PM
1) What is the Earth's shape?
The Earth is flat. It is shaped in the form of a pentagon, and thus has five corners.

2) What is the "middle corner"?
If one was to draw a line from each corner to the centre of the opposing side of the Earth, the line would intersect in the middle of the Flat Earth. This place is known as the Middle Corner.

3) Hey, wait a minute, that is not a real corner...
So? The equator of the spherical earthers is an imaginary line as well. Does this mean that their model does not have a northern and a southern hemisphere? You cannot count in imaginary numbers, but does that mean that they do not exist?

4) What about the northern and southern hemisphere?
Globularist rot. This implies the Earth being a SPHERE, which it is not. The Earth has, however, an Inner and Outer Ring.

5) What is Platygæanism?
Platygæanism is the scientific hypothesis which holds that the Earth is flat or planar in topology.

6) Does the "middle corner" prove that 5=6?
Yes.

7) How are continents located on the Flat Earth.
Generally, the "southernmost" continents are on the outside, whereas the "northern" ones are on the inside.

8) Does this mean that the Middle Corner is at the North Pole?
Not necessarily. It may be anywhere in the northern part of the Earth.

9) What is, then, at the south pole?
The Edge of the World. It is surrounded, at least in places, by a huge mountain range.

10) Where are the corners of the Earth?
Opinion is still divided on this issue. Conventional wisdom places the five corners at the following locations:
Corner 1: the northernmost extent of Lake Mikhayl in Tunguska, Siberia
Corner 2: Greenland or Iceland (Ultima Thule); though some researchers place it at Brimstone Head, on Fogo Island, Newfoundland, Canada.
Corner 3: Easter Island.
Corner 4: Uncertain; possibly Hokkaido (Japan), Lhasa (Nepal), or a desolate location in Outer Mongolia.
Corner 5: Somewhere near the south of Tasmania or New Zealand, though some researchers have suggested somewhere in the vicinity of the South Pacific island of Ponape.

11) How long is the edge of the Earth?
The edge of the Earth is infinitely long.

12) Does this mean that the Earth has infinite area?
No, no more than England does. See Benoit Mandelbrot for more information.

13) Does this fit in with the Hollow Earth theory?
Yes. Beneath the Earth, or hanging off the edges, is a land populated by either green-skinned women or Nazis. All those claiming to have seen this have misinterpreted it to fit in with the spurious and false Spherical Earth theory.

14) Did H. P. Lovecraft know about the Flat Earth?
Yes. Read _At the Mountains of Madness_. The choice of the South Pole by the Old Ones makes more sense with the Flat Earth Theory.

15) What about gravity?
Gravity is a lie invented by the purveyors of the inherently false spherical Earth theory. The theory of gravity has never been proven. There is no gravity, only inertia. The Earth moves through space like a giant elevator. We do not fall off because we are kept down by inertia. The Earth has inertia.
There is a school of thought which states, however, that the Earth does not move through space, but rather that it rests on the back of a giant turtle, and that what we call gravity is, in fact, the turtle's animal magnetism.

16) What about photographs of the Earth from the moon?
Most of these are fake. It is well known that the "moon landing" was faked. The film of what is claimed to be the moon was taken in the desert in the US state of Arizona.
There exist some genuine photographs from high altitudes, which appear to the untrained eye to show a spherical Earth. The reason for this effect is that the Earth's atmosphere becomes denser the further one ascends, after thinning out at about 5 miles. This causes light to be refracted more at high altitudes, giving the appearance of a spherical Earth.

The reason the atmosphere becomes denser is the increased pressure. If not for this extreme pressure, the sun, and all stars, would not be able to hold together but would gradually dissipate in accordance with the gas laws, and Brownian motion (see any basic school physics text). Further proof that there is atmosphere all the way between the earth and the sun, moon, etc, is that heat from the sun warms the earth. Heat cannot travel through a vacuum, as anyone who has ever used a vacuum flask knows. Real astronauts would need pressure suits to protect them from the incredibly high pressures they would encounter.

17) How does the Earth move through space?
There are two schools of thought: one which states that the Earth is constantly moving in a straight line, and the other which states that the Earth is moving in a toroidal shape. There is a popular opinion which states that the Earth does not move as such, but rather that space moves around the Earth.

18) Can ships be 'lost' at the edge of the Earth?
Yes, at least in places where there are no mountains preventing this from occurring. The edge of the Earth is, in places a tremendous waterfall, and anything going over the edge will disappear into the aether. This can also happen to aircraft which fly off the edge.

19) If large amounts of water disappear off the edge, where does all the water come from?
This is an argument for the theory that the Earth has a toroidal orbit. In a toroidal orbit, all the water which disappears off the edges falls back to Earth as rain when the Earth revolves about its orbit. This also means that the inhabitants of ships and aircraft lost in space will, in some occasions, return to Earth.

20) Does this explain Fortean phenomena, such as frog-falls?
Perhaps. One is tempted to believe that the frogs, fish and other beings are somehow expelled into space off the edge of the Earth. However, this conflicts with the long-established Mad Fishmonger theory, which states that showers of fish are the work of a deranged fishmonger and his cohorts. (See _The Schrodinger's Cat Trilogy_ by Robert Anton Wilson for more details.)

21) What is the "Springfield Effect"?
The Springfield Effect is the name given to the phenomenon by which every place named Springfield is hard-linked in hyperspace to every other place of this name. In other words, there is only one place named Springfield, but it is "linked" to various locations in the world.

22) Does Idaho exist
No. The existence of Idaho is a lie, fabricated by a conspiracy of cartographers, as is England (see question 10).

23) What about North Dakota?
That doesn't exist either.

24) Any other places which are believed to exist but really don't?
Yes, Australia. And then there are the cryptogeographica, places such as Kadath, Carcosa, Hobbiton, Narnia, Hy-Brasil, Hell and such whose existence has not been satisfactorily proven.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-05, 04:42 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The..."
Ohhh hoooo hooo okay. It seems as though you hold some true points in there, like about Nazis living under the earth. But, this threw me off... 22) Any other places which are believed to exist but really don't?
Yes, Australia. And then there are the cryptogeographica, places such as Kadath, Carcosa, Hobbiton, Narnia, Hy-Brasil, Hell and such whose existence has not been satisfactorily proven.

I belive you Chruser! (gotta humor special people, makes them feel, well, special.) lmao
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2002-04-05, 06:35 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The..."
I've never been to Canada, thus it does not exist
<-DF3.NET-REFUGEE->
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thag is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThag is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Thag

Posted 2002-04-05, 06:47 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The..."
lmao. I've never been there either. Therefor it CANNOT exist simply because neither of us have been there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2002-04-05, 06:47 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The..."
Wut no Idaho where was I last week when the sign said welcome to Idaho???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-04-05, 07:15 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The..."
The sign said Welcome To Idaho because it's a conspiracy! The government is corrupt! duh...! lol But seriously, what IF the world IS flat....? That would be fucked up...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2002-04-05, 07:26 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The..."
I've never been to the states, so it can't exist! It must all be a lie!
Remember, if they say it on the web, it MUST be true!
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-05, 07:41 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The..."
But I live in Wisconsin, does that mean I'm not true...? If so, I guess I'm just a figment of my imagination... wait a second, I'm not real so I can't even be that... damn...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2002-04-05, 08:02 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The..."
and the truth comes out
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-04-05, 08:03 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The..."
now I know why ignorance is bliss!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-04-05, 08:06 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The..."
Ignorace is truly bliss. If I was still non-enlightened, I would still exist... but Chruser I've never been to Sweden. Therfor you don't exist either.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2002-04-05, 08:08 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The..."
but I ate the candy swedish Fish so the place must exist
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-04-05, 08:09 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The..."
That is a good point... I've had those also. Yet then again, we do make a shitload of cheese, and milk and dairy stuff. Therefor, I exist once again! YAY!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2002-04-13, 02:01 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The..."
I lived in Canada for 12 years... what was going on?
a) I did not exist
b) I lived on another interstellar plane
c) I was really in Los Angeles

Also, if the earth is flat, whats on the other side?
~~Maple~~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Maple556 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMaple556 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Maple556

Posted 2002-04-18, 12:13 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The..."
ummm.....wow. this is a fun conversation. now, i see your point crusher, but if the earth is flat, how can someone travel around the earth. (also, don't believe everything you hear on the internet.)

A Sig by Wetwired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Boomerang is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBoomerang is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Boomerang

Posted 2002-04-18, 01:28 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The..."
"If they say it on the web, it MUST be true"
You don't actually travel AROUND the earth, you always fly in a certain direction no matter where you will head. Actually, you just fly around in a circular pattern. If you flied over the north our south pole, you would fall off the edge.

Think about it, why doesn't anyone actually fly that way?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-19, 08:01 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Astronomy is just a conspiracy! The..."
ahh this is a good one especially since that last guy believes you
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken