Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Question What is your net worth?
Posted 2005-03-11, 06:19 PM
How much are you worth? What is your net worth?

Just do a quick estimate it should be like everything you own minus what you owe. So an example would be (making this up)

Assets (You, not your parents, anything that you got as a gift is yours)
Cash on you: 20
Savings Account: 0
Checking Account: 1000
Car: 5000 (Car is not worth what you paid, use common sense, how much would you get for it ?)
Clothes: 75 (You count them at like 15-20% of what you paid usually)
Jewelry: 0
Electronics/random stuff/furniture: 200
Other: 0 (Anything that dosent fit above)

Liabilities:
Debt/loans/whatever (Still paying off car? how much do you still have to pay): 0

anyway then you just add all the assets up and subtract the liabilities. So example net worth is 6295. Anyway what is everyone’s estimate net worth. And you do not have to reply here if you are too embarrassed ? You dont have to post that whole stupid list like that example if you want to do it in your head and just throw out the number.

Ill start with me 35,000.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2005-03-11, 06:33 PM in reply to Penguin's post "What is your net worth?"
I don't know. I don't care. This thread sucks.

Oh wait, this thread is in Gen Con. Ok then. I'm worth 14 pennies and a shiney nickel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-03-11, 06:51 PM in reply to Penguin's post "What is your net worth?"
Assets:
Electronics: $8500ish (Powerbook G4: $2000, Desktop(w/ Dual monitor, one 19" and one 17"): $2000ish, Sony A17CP: $2000ish, Ipod: $350ish, Sony Ericsson P900: Around $1000, Samsung D418: Around $600-700, Other peripherals like my MX700+MX500+MX1000, and scanners and printers and stuff: Around $700)
Money on me: $200
Savings Account: $1000
Guitar: $500
Piano: $6000 (lol)
Clothes: LOL WHO KNOWS

Liabilities: $0

Subtotal: $16,400 CAD, around $13,448 USD

All in $CAD
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2005-03-11, 07:00 PM in reply to Penguin's post "What is your net worth?"
Should we include Trusts (Which can't be touched yet, sadly. Couple more years.) and expected inheritances?

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-03-11, 07:05 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Should we include Trusts (Which can't..."
Look at you sick people!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2005-03-11, 07:13 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Should we include Trusts (Which can't..."
I'll guess around $40,000 + whatever 72 credit hours of education is worth.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-03-11, 07:21 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Should we include Trusts (Which can't..."
no just currently what you have access to jr. If you are getting a trust in a year or so you can throw that in but its not your true current net worth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2005-03-11, 07:30 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting "no just currently what you have access..."
Enough.

KagomJack said:

Last edited by JRwakebord; 2012-07-18 at 06:09 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-03-11, 08:23 PM in reply to Penguin's post "What is your net worth?"
Like $11,000 if I sold everything, including stock. Pretty weak.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-03-11, 08:26 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Like $11,000 if I sold everything,..."
Hmm...around $800 + my weed. I'm not counting the stuff I own (too lazy), just the money I stole and have in my wallet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2005-03-11, 08:30 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Enough."
You have $2000 worth in clothes, or invested in clothes?

And what car do you have that's currently worth $18,000?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-03-11, 08:36 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "You have $2000 worth in clothes, or..."
JR wakeboard is a rich slut.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2005-03-11, 08:36 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "You have $2000 worth in clothes, or..."
Well, he's just a spender. You can take your $40,000 and buy watches wroth 2300, 2000 worth of clothes and shit like that, that's why he only has 600 in his bank acct.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2005-03-11, 08:37 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "JR wakeboard is a rich slut."
jimiVoodoo323: why is JRwakeboard so rich
GravitonSurge: I dont know
GravitonSurge: hey wanna go murder him and steal his money
jimiVoodoo323: yeah
jimiVoodoo323: we can stash his money in kagoms ass
jimiVoodoo323: we'll just have to murder him first too
jimiVoodoo323: therefor, making the day worth something
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-03-11, 08:52 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "You have $2000 worth in clothes, or..."
Medieval Bob said:
You have $2000 worth in clothes, or invested in clothes?

And what car do you have that's currently worth $18,000?

Worth of clothing. My wardrobe runs the gamut from Old Navy to AE to Express to FCUK to Versache to Gucci.

And car value was slightly off, my mistake. Kelly Blue Book value for 2003 Honda CR-V 4WD EX with my options and mileage is $17,175. Heres the link.

The watches were graduation presents from my parents and my grandfather.
The money in my bank account is mine from working. I won't lie, the stocks were also gifts. However, Penguin said gifts count, so I listed them.

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-03-11, 08:59 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Worth of clothing. My wardrobe runs the..."
I've got 100$ on me. And a 500$ car.
So lets see...hmm, just give me a minute to calculate this. Hmmmm...ok...right, OK! I've got it!
600$ Net worth.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-03-11, 09:04 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "JR wakeboard is a rich slut."
You say it like being a slut is a bad thing

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-03-12, 05:01 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "You say it like being a slut is a bad..."
I'm a gonna do mine in pounds (GBP)......just to be arkward...is that how you spell arkward??? Haven't used it in writing for donkey's years...ah well...

Cash on you: £52.87
Savings Account: £65.84
Checking Account: £0
Car: £0...I'm too young...
Clothes: Erm...£100
Jewelery:£50
Electronics/random stuff/furniture: £750
Other: Erm...carry the 1...subtract the 7...£6.42...oh wait...£64.20

Liabilities:
Debt/loans/whatever (Still paying off car? how much do you still have to pay): £0

So that's...erm...calculator...gives me...a grand total of...£1,082.91 which in USD is...$2,086.23...I'd say that's pretty good for a 15 y/o...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-03-12, 05:20 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm a gonna do mine in pounds..."
I've got no fucking clue. I have a videogame collection that I've sunk nearly 10,000 dollars into, however, most of that stuff has decreased in value since I purchased it originally. I have a car that is worth $2,500 bluebook, but the alternator, transmission and heater are dead, rendering the vehicle useless. I have a mishmash of various electronics: several gaming consoles, one shitty TV, one low-grade surround sound system, one now-obsolete laptop, one relatively high-quality Yamaha PA system, one very high-grade Shure wireless microphone, one fairly high-quality camcorder and various other knicknacks and doodads. I have a selection of clothes that range from old t-shirts (I refuse to use the term "vintage") to army-navy surplus stuff to random crap I've recieved from friends and relatives at holidays. I own a pair of steel-toe boots that I've been wearing regularly since I was 17 (that's five and a half years ago, kiddies) and I don't intend to stop wearing them until they literally disintegrate on my feet. I've got a half-complete comic collection consisting mainly of the last ten years of Green Lantern monthlies. I have about $5,000 in the bank, no debt, no investments and I don't gamble or spend any money on booze, tobacco or drugs.

So, in my rough estimate, I'm worth about eleventy-billion dollars. That extra padding all comes from the fact that I am, in reality, the living avatar of the notion of "awesome", which adds a little surplus value onto the overall package.

There ya go.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-03-12, 08:12 AM in reply to Penguin's post "What is your net worth?"
Assets:
Cash on you: $21
Savings Account: 0
Checking Account: 0
Car: $500
Clothes: $400 (You count them at like 15-20% of what you paid usually)
Jewelry: $20
Electronics/random stuff/furniture: I'll say around $550
Other: $58 (Anything that dosent fit above)

Liabilities:
Debt/loans/whatever: $500 to my dad for car payments.

All in all: $1,049. Yes, I am a poor motherfucker right now. Good thing I get my first paycheck soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos