Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Member Introductions

Posted 2008-06-23, 07:26 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "welcome again. Khwii, welcome back. ..."
Khwiii is too busy playing CoD4 24/7.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-06-23, 02:17 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Khwiii is too busy playing CoD4 24/7."
Not quite 24/7. I gotta work and sleep. Other then that, yep, you are right. Last time I attempted Halo, it was bad.... very bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2008-06-23, 02:25 PM in reply to khwiii's post starting "Not quite 24/7. I gotta work and..."
Tynion: I don't think that shared forum thing will work
[...]
Tynion: How can I possibly send people to a forum where they will be basically verbally abused

There goes our prospective co-operation and the possibility of gaining a siginificantly larger member base than what we have today. Oh well.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-06-23 at 07:51 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-23, 02:43 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Tynion: I don't think that shared forum..."
Chruser said: [Goto]
There goes our prospective co-operation and the possibility of gaining a siginificantly larger member base than what we have today. Oh well.
It's quite unfortunate that you went about it how you did.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-23, 02:54 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's quite unfortunate that you went..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
It's quite unfortunate that you went about it how you did.
Oh yes, I apologize for adding rules to the forum (which were subsequently broken), thinking it would be safe for Tynion to post here.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-23, 04:52 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Oh yes, I apologize for adding rules to..."
So basically, you were trying to pimp us out to him in exchange for new members? I think I'm not so keen on this idea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2008-06-23, 06:00 PM in reply to khwiii's post starting "So basically, you were trying to pimp..."
if that would happen to me i would sue
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-06-23, 07:49 PM in reply to khwiii's post starting "So basically, you were trying to pimp..."
khwiii said: [Goto]
So basically, you were trying to pimp us out to him in exchange for new members? I think I'm not so keen on this idea.
The idea was to let us host a sub-forum for him in which the visitors of his site could discuss his Lovecraftian and in my opinion rather nice gaming-inspired e-zine. We would get new members and activity from him, and his magazine would reach a wider audience (implying our current members, not to mention that we have a decent ranking in Google).

Anyway, that won't matter now. Time for plan B.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-23, 08:37 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "The idea was to let us host a sub-forum..."
Does it involve nukes and world domination? If so, count me out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

khwiii

Posted 2008-06-23, 08:37 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "The idea was to let us host a sub-forum..."
We weren't really rude to him at all, honestly. He must be extremely sensitive to say something of that sort. It wouldn't have worked anyways.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-23, 08:43 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "The idea was to let us host a sub-forum..."
You can still take advantage of the search rankings by linking to him from here, no?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-06-23, 09:31 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Oh yes, I apologize for adding rules to..."
Oh yes, I apologize for adding rules to the forum (which were subsequently broken), thinking it would be safe for Tynion to post here.
Well the problem is that you didn't feel like telling any of us (even the staff) about your plan, so naturally we were suspicious about this guy. He didn't come across as a "new member." He came across as a business partner, that none of us knew anything about. Had you adequately informed us, the outcome would likely be different.

I talked to you about this yesterday and you seemed to agree. Am I incorrect in assuming that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-23, 10:21 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well the problem is that you didn't..."
Too bad, a gaming magazine could've added some interesting conversation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-06-24, 07:18 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Too bad, a gaming magazine could've..."
GJ staff.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-06-24, 08:49 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well the problem is that you didn't..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Well the problem is that you didn't feel like telling any of us (even the staff) about your plan, so naturally we were suspicious about this guy. He didn't come across as a "new member." He came across as a business partner, that none of us knew anything about. Had you adequately informed us, the outcome would likely be different.
So informing you that someone should be exempt from the rules is the way to do things around here now?

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-06-24 at 08:54 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-24, 10:30 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "So informing you that someone should be..."
So informing you that someone should be exempt from the rules is the way to do things around here now?
Exempt from the rules?

Go back and read the thread. I think someone, be it you, Yawgmoth, or Tynion, is taking something too seriously. Hardly anyone even said anything that could be TAKEN as bad to the guy. I told you myself during our conversation recently that I was the one who initiated any sort of hostility toward him, but the reasons behind doing so are valid.

There was a severe lack of communication between you and the rest of the staff, or even the members for that matter. Yawgmoth was made a Supreme Mod without any of the rest of the staff being informed of such a thing until it happened, at least as far as I know. Then, this guy shows up claiming to know Yawgmoth and saying that he's going to bring his magazine to Zelaron, implying that something was once again going on behind the scenes that none of the members or staff, excluding you and Yawgmoth, knew about. As I told you, I thought you were going to let him advertise his magazine here in return for him paying for Zelaron, or something along those lines.

Either way, we've already talked about this in private. You, at the time, seemed to agree with me. I can supply the chat log that shows as much, if you would like.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-24, 02:56 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Oh yes, I apologize for adding rules to..."
It's too bad the fellow needs special rules in order to tolerate us common folk. If he doesn't have the nuts to handle the conversation here then he doesn't need to be talking here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-24, 03:05 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "It's too bad the fellow needs special..."
Willkillforfood said: [Goto]
It's too bad the fellow needs special rules in order to tolerate us common folk. If he doesn't have the nuts to handle the conversation here then he doesn't need to be talking here.
I think you miss the point. Tynion doesn't want his readers to find the forum and get "scared", thus likely not returning. New members, like me, don't know any of you and have no idea how to take what you write. They have it difficiult enough just being new here, if they get a negative welcome - they might decide that it is not worth it to stay.

Sure, this might serve as natural selection of sorts - but there are those who might have had potential. (Also, it lies in our interest to have a large reader-base.)

"That surface that tells the Heavens it hath an end, cannot persuade me I have any."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Yawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzYawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Yawgmoth

Posted 2008-06-24, 03:30 PM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "I think you miss the point. Tynion..."
To my knowledge, no one but KA was the slightest bit rude to him. And KA wasn't even that rude (he was making a good point, and it was constructive criticism.) The only two of your members I know of are you and this fellow. Both of you are not the stereotypical, normal new member. Each of you is wanting to immediately seize the reigns of Zelaron. The only person that's gotten an overly rude response is most likely you. Your thread, entitled "An unfriendly reminder", was mistaken for something other than satire. You have to understand, until a history of sarcasm is established, you're going to be taken at face value. That's the case with pretty much everyone.

If he's using the treatment of you as a barometer for the forum's treatment of most people then he's seriously mistaken. Unless someone is a complete douche when they start posting then the replies are normally benign. However, there is a sort of social darwinism in place on these forums as you've commented on. In the longrun, normally the ones with the thickest hide remain.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-24, 03:34 PM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "I think you miss the point. Tynion..."
Maybe this is just my opinion, but this isn't much of a gaming forum anymore. When I come home from training and there are 17 threads with new posts, 2 of which are about games, I can't see how the gaming aspect is that big. I know I don't come back here for the gaming insight, as this place hasn't been on the cutting edge for games in.... well... along time.

I dunno, maybe people would've been more receptive, if it hadn't been shoved down their throats.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

khwiii