Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Posted 2012-11-15, 12:50 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "So other than the ability to smoke pot..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
So other than the ability to smoke pot while walking down the street, what does this even do?
I know that even you aren't that stupid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-11-15, 06:06 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I know that even you aren't that stupid."
You give him too much credit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2012-11-15, 06:24 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "You give him too much credit."
I don't think so, I'm pretty sure he's just attempting to troll or something. The bill doesn't even make it legal to smoke marijuana while walking down the street. I don't even know if the bill addresses that sort of regulatory question.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-11-16, 08:20 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't think so, I'm pretty sure he's..."
That's what my brother Chris said it did.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-11-16, 08:33 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "That's what my brother Chris said it..."
Yep, K_A gave you to much credit.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-11-16, 08:34 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Yep, K_A gave you to much credit."
Well, considering I've never really even considered smoking pot before, this really doesn't concern me, to my knowledge, other than economically.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-11-16, 09:56 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Well, considering I've never really..."
You might be more tolerable if you started smoking pot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2012-11-16, 10:34 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "You might be more tolerable if you..."
KagomJack said: [Goto]
You might be more tolerable retarded if you started smoking pot.
More likely.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-11-16, 11:58 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "More likely."
I dunno. Pot made me less retarded and a helluva lot more tolerable. It also helped me to put my anger issues into a controllable state as well as stabilized my entire mood. We can only hope, K_A.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2012-11-17, 07:30 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I know that even you aren't that stupid."
Read on the news that they can still drug test you for it in those states and not hire you because of it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2012-11-17, 09:08 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Read on the news that they can still..."
I can only imagine the number of people getting fired, for being high on the job.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-11-17, 09:42 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Read on the news that they can still..."
Doesn't surprise me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2012-11-17, 10:33 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Read on the news that they can still..."
NonGayMan said: [Goto]
Read on the news that they can still drug test you for it in those states and not hire you because of it
Would you expect this to change? I wouldn't. If a business doesn't want to hire you because you do drugs, I see no problem with that. A lot of businesses get significant discounts on their insurance costs because of the fact that they drug test employees.

My employer sets a BAC limit (0.08, same as driving,) which I have to remain below to remain in compliance. Alcohol is legal. Same deal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-11-17, 10:45 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Would you expect this to change? I..."
I personally am against mandatory drug testing for a job. But I'm okay with it in cases of workplace accidents and the sort.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2012-11-17, 11:19 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I personally am against mandatory drug..."
KagomJack said: [Goto]
I personally am against mandatory drug testing for a job. But I'm okay with it in cases of workplace accidents and the sort.
It's pretty hard to justify that opinion if you're talking about a profession that has life-or-death consequences. Would you be okay with airline pilots not being tested until they have an "accident"? How about nurses/doctors? The thing about accidents is a lot of them are preventable.

Now, I would be against a law that requires that all jobs require drug testing. That's the thing. You have a choice in the matter. If you want to get a nice job, clean up your shit. If you want to keep smoking pot while you have a job, work at burger king. I think that's perfectly fair.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-11-17, 09:27 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's pretty hard to justify that..."
I still hold to my beliefs. Life-or-death consequence jobs would be the exception. Jobs that require you to work with inmates or the mentally ill in asylums would also be another example. Outside of that, I see no reason for it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2012-11-18, 07:00 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I still hold to my beliefs. ..."
I've only had one job where I was drug tested and it was at Goodwill when I was younger. But it was surprisingly a really physical job in a factory.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2012-11-19, 10:22 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "I've only had one job where I was drug..."
Back to the OP, I really do wish my state had done this.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-11-19, 03:26 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Back to the OP, I really do wish my..."
I have a serious question:
How does this affect people who are not smoking pot?
I mean, drugs tests, etc. all happened regardless. Will this make any difference for the little man?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-11-19, 03:35 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I have a serious question: How does..."
Less taxpayer money wasted on enforcement, more revenues from taxation (which ideally would lead to lower taxes elsewhere). More cops working to prevent and solve actual crimes rather than being occupied with stuff like stopping potheads from smoking pot (which ideally would lead to lower crime all around, and a safer environment for everyone.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!