Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Posted 2008-09-08, 02:38 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I can't remember who it was, but some..."
maybe its just me but what i get from this experiment is this...

ok folks what we are going to try and do is (insert all the scientific knowhow here). there is a 1 in 59,000,000(? unsure) chance of it destroying the earth. and we are going to do it these comming months, and then again later if we do good.

which to me translates to this...

ok guys, i have this weapon. it is bigger then any atom bomb you could think of, it makes little boy and fat man look like a cherry bomb. now, my plan is to fire it directly into the earth, preferrably on a dead end course to the earths core. now, im pretty sure we will be ok but there are skiptisist who feel im going to destroy the earth... i just want to thank those of you who are supporting me

i dont understand this experiment at all
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-08, 02:39 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I can't remember who it was, but some..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I can't remember who it was, but some professor calculated how long it would take for a microscopic black hole to grow large enough to devour the earth, and it was something like 50 months, which creepily ended up meaning that if a microscopic black hole was created by the Large Hadron Collider when it goes live, the black hole would be large enough to devour the earth sometime in December 2012. Wish I could remember who it was.

Anyway, yeah, Hawking radiation would mean that the microscopic black hole would end up just dissipating, but Hawking radiation has never been experimentally demonstrated. As awesome as Stephen Hawking is, he's been wrong before, and he could be wrong about Hawking radiation.
The more i'm hearing about this experiment the more frightening it becomes, but it's out of my power to do anything.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-08, 02:40 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'd like to see where it says that in..."
D3V said: [Goto]
I'd like to see where it says that in the bible, but I wouldn't write it off. We have so many things that could go wrong at any point, but that's just a part of life. Apparently the Canary islands off the coast of Africa are on the verge of falling into the ocean off the mountains there, which could potentially cause a huge 300ft tidal wave of eastern seaboard destruction.
i dont remember the program i was watching, and am not 100% positive it was from the bible, but it was a religeous belief. it said that in 2012 the world would end, and 2009 california will be removed from the US. Thats when i decided that if this thing actually happens in 2009 ill rethink my views on this whole god mumbo jumbo
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-08, 02:58 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "i dont remember the program i was..."
Heh. No clue either. I'm pretty updated on what the Bible says and I don't remember anything being that specific, the Bible usually speaks in more general terms. Even Deuteromy (sp*) which was more about the bad shit in the world wasn't too specific.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-08, 03:02 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Heh. No clue either. I'm pretty updated..."
the 'item' they were reading this from has predicted everything that has happened in the world to date.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-08, 03:08 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "the 'item' they were reading this from..."
Well just to play devil's advocate here, if you go and read most of the stuff they have down to "date" you can make it a coincidence with tons of other events in history, even stuff that was happening back at the time the Bible was being written.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-08, 04:12 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "the 'item' they were reading this from..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
the 'item' they were reading this from has predicted everything that has happened in the world to date.
Unlikely. Sounds like Nostradamus and his predictions. Most likely they were vague predictions at best.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-08, 04:54 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Unlikely. Sounds like Nostradamus and..."
vague or not. somehow we managed to link obama and biden to osama bin laden... people believe his predictions whole heartedly (if it were him im still unsure) they said in 2009 california will disappear, and the appoc will be in 2012
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-08, 04:57 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "vague or not. somehow we managed to..."
Did you just admit to being a moron? And believeing in things that are completely false/vague?

I don't get it.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-08, 04:59 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Did you just admit to being a moron?..."
no no, im saying that people believe vague shit. i stated earlier in this thread somewhere that if i were to ever believe in this almighty being some call god - then california will be drifting away next year. as of now i think its all bullshit but there are peopl who believe in it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-08, 08:19 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "no no, im saying that people believe..."
Oh okay sorry, my reading comprehension is still shitty. I think most of it is stupid, and irregardless most of the things wrong with this world are out of my hands, I just hope I can vote for Obama and make things slightly better for this shithole of a planet we live in (have turned it into)..

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-09, 09:13 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Oh okay sorry, my reading comprehension..."
So they turn this on tomorrow, eh? Nice knowing you guys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-09-09, 09:16 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "So they turn this on tomorrow, eh? Nice..."
im not even going to get to play warhammer >.> shall we make a goodbye zelaron thread just in case?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-09, 12:45 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "im not even going to get to play..."
Well, nothing has happened yet. Keep in mind it takes like 1-2 months to fully power up.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-09, 11:56 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well, nothing has happened yet. Keep in..."
They aren't actually colliding any particles yet; they're just going to spin the beam of particles around (initially at approximately 7% of its intended level of energy usage, which is less than what has already been used in Fermilab), and collide them in October.

Anyway, it can hardly hurt to keep your crowbar close to the mad scientists, just in case:

"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-09-10 at 12:02 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-09-10, 06:35 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "They aren't actually colliding any..."
Haha, that's great.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-10, 06:37 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "They aren't actually colliding any..."
LOL, Nice!

I wouldn't expect anything to happen. You've got to figure the Earth is being hit by particles that are much more damaging every single day than what they are doing here. As well, this experiment is controlled so that they can study it. The people claiming the world is going to come to an end just don't know what they are talking about (I'd assume it's safe to say religion is involved one way or another).

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-10, 06:44 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "LOL, Nice! I wouldn't expect..."
It's hard to really compare this to what happens in nature, though, because what happens in nature isn't happening necessarily the same way.

Either way, Hawking radiation makes sense. It's unlikely anything will go wrong.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-10, 06:59 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's hard to really compare this to..."
I'm actually excited as to what they may find. Possibilities of how the Universe was formed? The last peice of the element table? Proof of other dimensions? So many different things are being put onto the table with this experiement, but it will probably be years before anything substantial is proven or disproven.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-10, 07:20 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm actually excited as to what they..."
I'm pretty excited myself. I still think it's a waste of money :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!