Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Post Questions about RPG Maker XP
Posted 2007-04-19, 04:43 AM
I have several questions regarding RPG Maker XP.

1. Does anyone know how to do "world map". For those who don't know what world map is, and then I'll explain. When you play RPG games, you often jump into "world map" so called. World map makes you capable to zoom out but the main character (selected character) will stay in a larger form. You will be able to walk around (as in if everything was zoomed out) so each mile would be 2-5 steps in world map...
2. (If "world map" is available option) an airship, ship, horse etc. while in world map…
3. Can anyone tell me about how to use script...?
4. How to do cutscenes, in ordinary color and sepia...
5. How can I save my game and show to others by sending via mail or any other way...?
6. Where am I able to get a midi sound creator (or something like that)...?
7. Where am I able to get a decent sprite maker...?
8. How to make a catterpillar, (for those who have played Final Fantasy VIII, it is where your party is following you even though its not a cutscene, resembling a catterpillar)...
9. How am I able to create characters without starting with them...?
10. How am I able to make a text box appear saying: '(name) left the party!' and somone left the party...
11. How am I able to make a character leave a party and leave items he took such as armors or items...?
12. How am I able to make a text box appear saying: '(name) joined the party!'
13. How can I make a boss speak while in battle...?
14. How can I make boss have two supportive enemies at his side...
15. How can I make someone hand gold, item, armor etc. to another...
16. While in battle an art that signifies the class you’re currently in (which follows RPG Maker XP) appears, I know how to disable the art but am I able to make both enemy and character sprite figures? Or enemy a high-quality sprite figure (if you know what I mean)...

That's all for now, be sure to check again, I'll probably edit. It will be appreciated if someone will answer and post a link to a tutorial or tell themselves. Please be sure to give precise information so I won't go wrong.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nero Angelo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNero Angelo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nero Angelo

Posted 2007-04-19, 09:27 AM in reply to Nero Angelo's post "Questions about RPG Maker XP"
Wow! Now that's a lot of questions! And methinks I'll put them all in the FAQ when they've been answered, simply because they're a few things that people might like to know.

I haven't got the time at the moment, but give me a couple of days and, if no-one else has answered, I'll answer as many as I can.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-19, 02:40 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Wow! Now that's a lot of questions! And..."
That is a lot of questions!!! Good luck answering them.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2007-04-19, 02:47 PM in reply to Nero Angelo's post "Questions about RPG Maker XP"
I'm in the process of answering all these.

I'll Edit this when I'm done.

EDIT: Actually, I'll only answer the ones I am not already doing in your demo.

Last edited by Atnas; 2007-04-19 at 02:57 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2007-04-19, 05:35 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I'm in the process of answering all..."
I have my own forum in which I'm in the process of creating a RMXP tutorial that will answer some of your questions, 2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12,13,15.
I don't know how to do 1,3,11,14,can't answer 16.

Link: http://www.freepowerboards.com/nrgfuziongaming go to the tutorial area for RMXP.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2007-04-19, 05:57 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I have my own forum in which I'm in the..."
1. Does anyone know how to do "world map". For those who don't know what world map is, and then I'll explain. When you play RPG games, you often jump into "world map" so called. World map makes you capable to zoom out but the main character (selected character) will stay in a larger form. You will be able to walk around (as in if everything was zoomed out) so each mile would be 2-5 steps in world map...

Download a World map tileset, like Inqs, which you can find HERE.

Then construct the world map like any other map.

3. Can anyone tell me about how to use script...?

Open up the script editor, right click on Main, select insert.
On the blank page, paste your script.

5. How can I save my game and show to others by sending via mail or any other way...?

Encrypt it.

----

The others will be included in the demo I am working on for you, or they have been answered by Goodlookinguy.

Last edited by Atnas; 2007-04-19 at 06:02 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2007-05-05, 01:50 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "1. Does anyone know how to do "world..."
Goodlookinguy hasn't been online in a while, I'm back with more intonet energy than ever. I'm staying up have the night to write this for no reason. I realize this is off topic; and to get back on topic I found the catapillar script and put it on the tutorial on me site. Yeah, I'm really hyper, my typing speed has increased by about 5 fold, and increasing at that. I could probably keep typing, but I really don't feel like it. Or maybe I will just to make you read all of this. If you are still reading this then you probably have no life, like me right now, and are wondering why I just keep on writing even though I've already written down what I had to write. I feel that in the future there will be a cheese war. Get ready for the Cheese Wars, a new online thing I'm putting together. I've been developing this silly idea for a while and am now going to suddenly put it online. You'll have to wait before I put up a topic on Zelaron or my site, that talks about the on-going Cheese Wars 1999-????. Be ready the wars are on. Hey looky lou, I'm still typing this at an increadible rate, wow this is really fast if there are any spelling mistakes, that is because I'm typing really really fats. Writing, writing, writing, I'm probably going to get a refurl or get banned for doing this. But believe me It's not my fault, caffiene filled drinks make me go insane, especially with a keyboard. As I keep writing I wonder to myself if you are really still reading this, and if you are, thank you. If you're not then screw you, but wait you won't see this, dang it! Too much writing and all within 4 minutes of hyper power keyboarding. As I come to an end here, I leave you with one last message, NRG's Fuzion Gaming has found an HTML scripter and the actual site is going to be up in the next two months. The site will talk about upcoming games in Japan/America. Also be talking about Games made by people like up the RPG Makers community, and so fourth. So Good luck to me and my new site with upcoming power. And don't forget the Cheese Wars are coming as well. If you want to visit my forum go to this web address http://www.nrgs-fuzion-gaming.com.au.tt . If you like it why not stay, I don't have many people on the site at all, so please help me by becoming a member. I am, and always will be, "The One & Only NRG - Goodlookinguy".

Sincerly NRG - Goodlookinguy

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2007-05-05 at 02:07 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2007-05-05, 07:49 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Goodlookinguy hasn't been online in a..."
Agh. Sorry, been grounded from my laptop for a while, Nero.

That's why my activity has dropped. That and Pokemon Pearl.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2007-05-16, 12:56 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "1. Does anyone know how to do "world..."
hi!
do you know a lot of things about rpg maker xp??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jyoji01101122 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenjyoji01101122 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

jyoji01101122

Posted 2007-05-17, 02:38 PM in reply to jyoji01101122's post starting "hi! do you know a lot of things about..."
Yes.

I'd rank myself as an advanced user. Not quite a master, it's all knowlege andnot much experience.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2007-05-18, 10:28 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Yes. I'd rank myself as an advanced..."
Boasting about yourself a bit there, eh Atnas? Hehehe

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2007-05-18, 10:01 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Boasting about yourself a bit there, eh..."
He wants to take BlueCube's place
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-05-18, 11:06 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "He wants to take BlueCube's place :("
lol take 'ol blue cubes place? I've seen a lot of scripters out there, and I would rank Blue Cube up with people like mr.mo from the rmxp.org or something. He has mad skillz.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
frostedsn0 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenfrostedsn0 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

frostedsn0

Posted 2007-05-19, 11:34 AM in reply to frostedsn0's post starting "lol take 'ol blue cubes place? I've..."
I love Mr. Mo.

Though Prexus' ABS is better... Mr. Mo has Netplay.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2011-01-21, 08:58 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "1. Does anyone know how to do "world..."
Great,

Was looking for some info on the world map and script,glad we ran into your post.
Thanks a lot...
Get serious about making high end video games by visiting http://www.rpgmakerdownload.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jayzoy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenjayzoy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

jayzoy

Posted 2011-01-23, 03:48 AM in reply to jayzoy's post starting "Great, Was looking for some info on..."
jayzoy said: [Goto]
Great,

Was looking for some info on the world map and script,glad we ran into your post.
Thanks a lot...

Yay for necro posting 3 years, 8 months after the last poster.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2011-01-25, 03:20 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Yay for necro posting 3 years, 8 months..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
Yay for necro posting 3 years, 8 months after the last poster.
Why do you feel it's necessary to comment on this? It doesn't matter how long ago the last post was. This topic isn't like a conversational topic, it has relative information that was apparently helpful to the user, as he was thanking the OP or subsequent postings.

Unlike your post, which did absolutely nothing to contribute.

Last edited by Wed-G; 2011-01-27 at 10:24 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2011-01-25, 04:06 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Why do you feel it's necessary to..."
Wed-G said: [Goto]
Why do you feel it's necessary to comment on this? It doesn't matter how long ago the last post was. Rhis topic isn't like a conversational topic, it has relative information that was apparently helpful to the user, as he was thanking the OP or subsequent postings.

Unlike your post, which did absolutely nothing to contribute.

Yes, but, the original poster and a portion of the people in this thread don't come here. And some of the answers I had previously had on some free forum, no longer exist. In the end, this thread isn't helpful enough to be bumped from the grave.

As a last note, my ADD of the past along with the help of some other members severely altered the remainder of the post, which was completely off-topic. So my statement really didn't do much to not contribute to the thread. In fact, before they bumped the post, there was a 6:8 (3:4) ratio of off-topic posts. Thank you and come back when your next statement is one-hundred percent logical to the situation as shown.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2011-01-27, 10:09 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Yes, but, the original poster and a..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
In the end, this thread isn't helpful enough to be bumped from the grave.
It was helpful, considering the person who brought the thread back said thanks.

And it doesn't matter how much of this thread was off topic or not, I wasn't the moderator then. I am now. Don't spam my forum with useless complaints of thread digging.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G