Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2007-08-16, 12:40 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Good Movies in 2006-2007"
Transformers is the only one I've seen recently. I can't remember when underworld came out, but that's always a safe bet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-08-16, 01:02 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "It's a pretty interesting story-line. I..."
Thanatos said:
It's a pretty interesting story-line. I mean it would never happen in real life but the concept was pretty cool.

I like when he's in the hospital elevator and it comes to a stop it opens up, and he's like "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" and sprints out of there. Fucking awesome.

That part was so funny, especially when he's talking to his doctor and hes running down the street. The doc goes " you will have an erection for a few hours." he looks down and goes erection got it. I pissed myself

2 good movies that i saw recently are Shooter with Mark Wahlberg and The Covenant made by the producers of underworld. Both were sick movies
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-16, 04:04 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "That part was so funny, especially when..."
I was bored by The Covenant. It felt like it was made for teenage girls. A bunch of Tiger Beat cover-douchebags with magical powers. If these douchebags are so powerful, why can't they do much more than throw globs of blue shit at each other?

Shooter was definitely a cool flick. Wahlberg is becoming one of my favorite actors out there.

On that note, check out The Departed. Probably the best film I've seen in quite some time.

The Prestige and The Illusionist were both worth a watch. Kind of similar themes. Ed Norton is another great actor.

I loved Crank. Jason Stathem is the fucking man. Can't wait for War.

Pathfinder was decent. The plot wasn't great, and Karl Urban is not a fucking viking. Worth a watch, if you're in the mood for crazy action.

I highly recommend Apocolypto. It wasn't nearly what I was expecting. The last half of the movie is a chase through the jungle. Some brutal death scenes. Subtitled, though.

Speaking of subtitles, Pan's Labrynth was pretty cool, too. Takes place in WWII Spain. It shifts between the cold reality of the life of a young girl and the bizarre fantasy world she escapes to. Sweet special effects.

A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints was pretty good. Gives an interesting view of late '70's New York. Shia Labeouf and Chazz Palminteri give outstanding performances as an arguing son and father. Cool coming-of-age kind of theme.

Poolhall Junkies is a few years old, but it's another good one. Christopher Walken gives one of the greatest pep-talks ever toward the end of the movie.

I'm trying to remember what other movies I've watched recently, but I'm drawing an enormous blank, which is odd, because I watch probably 5 movies a week. More later, I guess.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-08-16, 04:06 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "I was bored by The Covenant. It felt..."
I can't believe I fucking left out Crank, one of the best movies I've ever seen as well, so awesome.

Don't know if I left it out or not, but Man of the Year was a pretty good political movie, and the scary thriller with the ventriliquist woman, shit I am drawing a huge blank as welll.........

Shit I still can't remember. Oh we'll it'll turn up eventually

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-16, 04:18 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I can't believe I fucking left out..."
Man of the Year surprised me with the political thriller angle. I was expecting straight comedy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-08-17, 05:51 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Man of the Year surprised me with the..."
I liked the Illusionist. Underworld:Evolution was good, but the sex scene seemed so fake (never seen anyone make love to an abdomen, sorry). Just got Lucky # Slevin, gonna watch it tonite. Going to go see Super Bad and Rush Hour 3 tomorrow. Saw Hot Rod over the weekend. I heard Pathfinder was a flop like Alexander, but I may get around to seeing it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-17, 09:26 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I liked the Illusionist...."
I saw disturbia tonight and it wasnt half bad
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-17, 10:00 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I saw disturbia tonight and it wasnt..."
Is that the one with Shia LeBouf? I was meaning to see that, seemed pretty suspenseful.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-17, 10:55 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Is that the one with Shia LeBouf? I was..."
HandOfHeaven said:
Is that the one with Shia LeBouf? I was meaning to see that, seemed pretty suspenseful.
Yes it is and it was suspenseful. The chick in it was amazingly hot too, wish she was my next door neighbor
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-17, 11:17 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I saw disturbia tonight and it wasnt..."
gruesomeBODY said:
I saw disturbia tonight and it wasnt half bad
Worst movie ever made.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2007-08-18, 12:52 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Worst movie ever made."
I disagree, Alexander (which was mentioned earlier in this thread) is the worst movie ever. Seriously though, besides the homoeroticism (the dude makes out with his bud) it's just too boring and drawn out. It's the only movie I've ever walked out of.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-18, 12:59 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Yes it is and it was suspenseful. The..."
Shit. Sin City 2 is a sequel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_City_2 said:
Sin City 2 is the announced sequel to the 2005 movie Sin City, which was based on Frank Miller's comic book miniseries Sin City, which were later collected into bound graphic novels. It was originally scheduled for release in the summer of 2007, but due to scripting and other delays, the current release date of the film is unknown. Although the film's script has been completed, a start date has not been set for the project.

It was revealed by director Robert Rodríguez that the story for the film was to be based around A Dame to Kill For, as well as a new story to be written by Frank Miller. The new story revolves around the character of Nancy Callahan (Jessica Alba). It will weave in and out of A Dame to Kill For, and will show "a whole new side of Nancy", according to Miller. Frank Miller has also expressed interest in including other Sin City short stories in the film, mentioning a couple of 'Blue Eyes' stories, which introduce the assassin Delia, and an 'Old Town Girls' story.[1]
God I hope it's good. It has a lot of the original cast but it's gonna center more on alba which kind of sucks. She's hot but I'm not too thrilled about her as a main character.

Last edited by Willkillforfood; 2007-08-18 at 01:05 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-18, 10:22 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Shit. Sin City 2 is a sequel. ..."
Sin City fuckin rocked. I'll watch whatever they come out with next.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-22, 11:30 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Worst movie ever made."
JRwakebord said:
Worst movie ever made.
You obviously haven't seen Bad Taste, Tongan Ninja, or The Quick and the Undead.

And Disturbia actually wasn't that bad. Kind of predictable, but it still had suspenseful moments. And that chick was ridiculously hot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-08-22, 01:51 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "You obviously haven't seen Bad Taste,..."
Vault Dweller said:
You obviously haven't seen Bad Taste, Tongan Ninja, or The Quick and the Undead.
Or Monkeybone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-22, 03:04 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Or Monkeybone."
Oh, and Tokyo Drift came out in '06 I believe. It was a decent movie if you like the repetitive themes. I just like watching the drift scenes...

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V