Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Lenny are you a cop?!?!
Posted 2005-08-16, 10:33 PM
http://media.putfile.com/britishcops

I laughed for hours ...
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2005-08-16, 11:02 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post "Lenny are you a cop?!?!"
Why the FUCK is that funny? I didn't laugh once. British humor is so unfunny.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-17, 12:32 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Why the FUCK is that funny? I didn't..."
British comedies are lame..Every Pom is Lame... their idea of Chillin is Sitting Around drinking Tea.. HOW THE FUCK is that chillin..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2005-08-17, 01:35 AM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "British comedies are lame..Every Pom is..."
But, what if they're drinking ice tea?

*starts the CD "people laughing: volume 2"*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-08-17, 02:13 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Why the FUCK is that funny? I didn't..."
There are two kinds of British humor:

1. Bone-dry, genuinely intelligent humor like Red Dwarf or Blackadder.

2. Men dressed in women's clothing.

The first can be ridiculously funny, but isn't necessarily always, the second makes me want to vomit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-08-17, 02:28 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "There are two kinds of British humor: ..."
And then there's the British humour of guys like Peter Kay and Jasper Carrot. And the horribly sarcastic humour of Jack Dee who gets picked on every year during comic relief...

It's a weird little clip that. The great thing is though, it's from BBCAmerica. Chances are it was directed by an American.

Don't forget the humour of Fawlty Towers and Monty Python...they're classics.

Edit: 
Anyone seen The Smoking Room? That's a pretty good program. Anorther branch of British humour. I urge you to download a couple of episodes and watch them!

Last edited by Lenny; 2005-08-17 at 03:08 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-17, 01:50 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "And then there's the British humour of..."
Monty Python movies are funny. Flying Circus needs to be wiped from all collective human consciousness.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-08-17, 02:07 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Monty Python movies are funny. Flying..."
Why? They're weird, I give you that, but they are good. You don't find the Dead parrot Sketch, or the Bruces, or the 4 yorkshiremen (OK, maybe the Parrot Sketch in "And Now For Something COmpletely Different) in any of the films. There are loads of great sketches that are only found in the Flying Circus series.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-17, 02:38 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Why? They're weird, I give you that,..."
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2005-08-17, 03:00 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
Exactly!!

You may hear the 3 or 4 Spanish Inquisitions on the CD collection, but not in the films!

Quote:
NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope....Our four...no...Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise...I'll come in again.

Talking about the Pope...he did what in the woods?!

Quote:
Say it loud, say it clear! FUCK YOU!

Also, the Flying Circus shows Yorkshire life in't mill...something you don't really see in the films unless you watch The Meaning of Life.

Quote:
There are Jews in the world, there are Buddhists (tinkle on piano), there are Hindus and mormans and then, there are those who follow Mohammed, but, I've never been one of them! I'm a Roman Catholic I've been happy since before that were born, and the wonderful thing about Catholics, is they'll take you as soon as you're warm. You odn't have to be a six footer, you don't have to have a great brain, you don't have to have any clothes on your, a Catholic the moment Dad came...'cos...

Quote:
Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Having the Pythons without the Flying Circus is like having Fawlty Towers without Basil, or Blackadder without Blackadder...it just can't be done!

Quote:
They've even got those little silver ball things!

Last edited by Lenny; 2005-08-17 at 03:07 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-17, 03:30 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Monty Python movies are funny. Flying..."
Maybe you just haven't seen enough (or the right) Flying Circus to like it. There are some really good skits.

I do agree that the movies are better, though.

The best parts about Flying Circus is quoting it with friends.

We'll be sitting at work, and someone will ask for a cigarette. I'll pipe up, "I will not buy this record... It is scratched." What? "Oh, I will not buy this... tobaconnist... It is scratched."
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?

Last edited by Medieval Bob; 2005-08-17 at 03:34 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-08-17, 03:37 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Maybe you just haven't seen enough (or..."
Have you ever seen Jabberwocky?

Now that is a terrible film. Directed by Terry Gilliam, starring Palin and a load of other wannabes who try to hard to be like the Pythons. There's one seen that looks like a rip from Holy Grail (We've found a witch, may we burn her?!).

Would you count The Wind in the Willows as a Python film? Starred: Palin, Cleese, Jones and Idle. It was made a few years ago...so obviously didn't star Chapman. Gilliam was nowhere to be seen.

Jones - Froggy
Palin - The Sun
Idle - Ratty
Cleese - Court Lawyer

----------

You just can't beat 'em.

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

"Do you want...want to come back to my place? Bouncy, bouncy."

"I am no longer infected."

Last time I was over at my friends house we ordered a pizza. His room overlooks his front door. Pizza man rings the doorbell.

"Hello? 'oo is it?"

"I got a pizza here for 118 Bankside Lane."

"I'm sorry, we already got one."

"Pardon?"

"We already got one!"

Really funny...but we missed out on pizza...

Last edited by Lenny; 2005-08-17 at 03:41 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-17, 03:38 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Maybe you just haven't seen enough (or..."
My favorite British comedy is Coupling, brilliant! I have the first three seasons on DVD

Not so funny now that Jef is gone

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-08-17, 03:43 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "My favorite British comedy is Coupling,..."
Coupling??

To say it's a BBC program, I've never heard of it.

What's it about?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-17, 04:45 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Coupling?? To say it's a BBC..."
It's about dating. The way it goes back and forth and shows things from the guys' perspective and the girls' perspective adds a unique humor.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-08-17, 05:06 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "It's about dating. The way it goes..."
Sounds like a good idea. I'll have to watch it sometime.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny