Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Post XiC 1.0 chat client released by me
Posted 2003-03-09, 01:42 AM
Im finally done with my chat server/client architectural thingy. Its kinda like an IRC clone, but its not IRC, because it uses my own protocol. Compared to mIRC, its pretty bare-bones stuff. The advantage is its pretty easy to use.

Acer is hosting it for me, and hes also hosting the server for it, which is running as i write this. Download here: http://acerneo.no-ip.com:999/misc/XiCclient.zip

The main application for this is as a Zelaron chat server, which doesnt violate the hosts terms of agreement, because its not an IRC server. If you find any exploits, please let me know. And dont crash/hack Acer's computer please. Ive patched lots of loop-holes i found in the bug-testing, but i may have missed something. Either way, theres no threat to you, the user.

So, connect and chat!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-03-09, 01:47 AM in reply to Mantralord's post "XiC 1.0 chat client released by me"
HeHe, very good job, and yes please dont crash my comp lol. I am going to write a program that sees if the server is running, if not boot it. So if any loop-holes/bugs/exploits crash it, it will run again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-03-17, 01:18 AM in reply to Mantralord's post "XiC 1.0 chat client released by me"
would be cool if you guys offered a server side software too
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-03-17, 07:29 AM in reply to Mantralord's post "XiC 1.0 chat client released by me"
I plan to make a Chan Bot for it. I am made a packet reading for it and I am just going to learn the commands.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-03-19, 12:54 AM in reply to Mantralord's post "XiC 1.0 chat client released by me"
Good idea, We will offer the server-side software too. The version up there is an older and crappier version. The newer version has much better admin control and stuff, and lots of security patches. Pretty cool.

Im thinking of adding a plug-in interface to it, so that you can create games and stuff that run with it, so its sorta like a "blank battle.net chalkboard".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-03-19, 04:49 AM in reply to Mantralord's post "XiC 1.0 chat client released by me"
Attention: Sorry if the server hasnt been up, I was hit by a virus. I will have it running ASAP.

Yeah a game would be cool.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-03-28, 02:14 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "XiC 1.0 chat client released by me"
Mantra, make this so it can run on a webserver, and I can let you use pixelmethods (and Im sure zelaron would like it too)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2003-04-12, 11:25 AM in reply to Mantralord's post "XiC 1.0 chat client released by me"
WOW nice job... havnt downloaded it yet but i will... just one question... did u use c++?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2003-04-15, 02:16 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "XiC 1.0 chat client released by me"
Can't download it, "yet". I have to get it from Mantra to host it.
He used Visual Basic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-05-13, 07:03 AM in reply to Mantralord's post "XiC 1.0 chat client released by me"
im learning visual basic in school now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2003-05-13, 05:25 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "XiC 1.0 chat client released by me"
cool, pay attention, its fun
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-07-19, 06:05 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "XiC 1.0 chat client released by me"
I bought VB6 for dummies........im reading it and is eriously dotn understand how you can write a program with that, it doesnt even say what commands and stuff you can use!!! it only explains variables (As string/byte/etc) , IF and THEN , LOOPS, and print......how is that suposed to help me know how to program? is there a ny list of commands you can use in VB or something?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-07-29, 09:09 AM in reply to Mantralord's post "XiC 1.0 chat client released by me"
All those if then, for loops are the basic most important part of VB. Go to pscode.com and look for winsock src and learn from code. If you dont know those if thens and stuff dont bother
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-08-06, 01:29 AM in reply to Mantralord's post "XiC 1.0 chat client released by me"
ehh bad link?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-08-24, 03:34 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "XiC 1.0 chat client released by me"
I read vb6 for dummies i don't see how you don't understand it, it was the easiest book i ever read and it was easy to understand what things do(maybe because i know a little c++ so i know how loops and if statements and switchs work)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ZERONX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZERONX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ZERONX

Posted 2003-09-04, 06:38 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "XiC 1.0 chat client released by me"
Unstuck

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome