Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Post i dun get it
Posted 2003-02-10, 05:57 PM
hey im new to the programming game world so can neone tell me where to start? im not gunna understand nething if u just gimme a website, so try to explain wut to do plz. thanks. hehe maybe when i get good at this ill make a new diablo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
qwerty12345 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenqwerty12345 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

qwerty12345

Posted 2003-02-10, 06:13 PM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
Wow..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-02-10, 08:52 PM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
Grav... are you a fan of Group X?

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-02-11, 07:00 AM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
I don't know what to tell you about how to start. I learned BASIC, Turbo Pascal, and Turbo Assembler by reading the manuals, but thats some pretty dry, boring reading and doesn't work well for most people.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-02-17, 05:41 PM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
I got started on C++ by using those tutorials, here is a link to a good one.

Here
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
All_Aces is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAll_Aces is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

All_Aces

Posted 2003-02-17, 06:01 PM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
I don't know what Group X is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-02-22, 04:42 PM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
you could always buy one of those game creators...i had a really old one buy click & play but im sure there's good stuff like that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-03-10, 11:41 AM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
Hey ces thanks for the link to the tutorial
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ZERONX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZERONX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ZERONX

Posted 2003-03-10, 09:03 PM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
No problem
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
All_Aces is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAll_Aces is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

All_Aces

Posted 2003-03-17, 02:03 AM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
People who are totaly new to Programming should learn HTML or VB. I think it is healty
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-03-19, 05:22 AM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
html lol?????? thats not even a programming language and plus there isnt any logic thinking in it really..... vb would be better or basic
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ZERONX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZERONX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ZERONX

Posted 2003-03-19, 07:12 AM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
I've got news for you, Acer, HTML is not a programming language, it's a markup language. The defining charactoristic of a programming language is that it describes a proccess. HTML doesn't describe a proccess, it describes a rendered webpage. Javascript, on the other hand does qualify as a programming language.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-03-19, 09:12 AM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
WetWired said:
I've got news for you, Acer, HTML is not a programming language, it's a markup language. The defining charactoristic of a programming language is that it describes a proccess. HTML doesn't describe a proccess, it describes a rendered webpage. Javascript, on the other hand does qualify as a programming language.
I know it isnt a language, I never said it was. I said people new to programming should learn it. Its basic and helps in understanding concept IMHO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-03-19, 04:35 PM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
ehh...html doesn't really help understanding any programming concepts. This is a pretty old language, but imho i suggest for complete new programmers to learn qBasic...forget vb or ne of the windows oriented languages cause that just makes it harder to grab the concept of the basics which is what you should really focus on before you move into windows programming or whatever it is you want to do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-03-19, 04:55 PM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
Heres my knowledge list, this is how i learned, and this is how a became a great programmer.

Now it is very important for me to say, that programming is 1/4 reading a book, and 3/4 personal experimentation. Also, you gotta kinda have a love for watching complex things work. This should yield a good programmer.

List of things to learn, in order, and how much time you should spend with each one:

1) Qbasic: 1-2 years
Take this time to learn the basics of programming,
and graphics. Try to write a small game.

2) VB and C++: 2-3 years
Here you will start to get into the hardcore of what
its like to be a programmer. Not for malicious use,
but do try to write virii, and trojans for your personal
learning.

3) Assembler and Java and HTML: 2 years
By now you should be able to figure out what to
do with these here. Write something complex...

4) Whatever you want after this, by now you should have a very strong understanding of programming concepts, and any other language you learn should immediately start flowing from your fingertips.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-03-22, 01:24 AM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
I never even heard of Qbasic before, explain to me what it is mantra at school Tues.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-03-24, 08:44 AM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
Acer said:
I never even heard of Qbasic before, explain to me what it is mantra at school Tues.
nb

It came with MSDOS 5.0-6.22. Like the versions of BASIC that came with DOS before, it was an interpretter-only program, meaning that you had to have QBASIC to run your QBASIC programs. In reality, however, QBASIC pre-compiled your program unlike previous versions of BASIC, resulting in much improved performance. IIRC, QBASIC was a stripped down version of QuickBASIC, which included exe compilation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2003-03-24, 01:02 PM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
I see, yeah I wanted to know what it is and see if I should learn it, but there is no reason for me now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-03-24, 03:09 PM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
it's a simple, and nice language to learn 1st for a feel of programming.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-03-26, 04:25 PM in reply to qwerty12345's post "i dun get it"
I would have to say out of all the languages I have learned or attempted to. VB is the easiet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer