Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Nintendo Revolution...
Posted 2005-05-18, 03:56 PM
Click Here for some Info

I have seen the PS3 and XBOX 360, and am not impressed. I will buy them however, but the system I am personally looking forward to is this one. Although it is a little caddywompus, it looks sleek. AND, whats more, is that it ONLY PLAYS GAMES. No, "Velocity Girl making stickers and skateparks, or Mom talking to Grandma through the thing." And the best feature? Being able to download EVERY SINGLE GAME from thier older systems. Now for the younger generation, this means nothing. But for us older gamers, we no longer have to search across the country or pay some nerd 300 bucks for a copy of Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana, but only a small fee and download the game, and then play it on the Revolution. Sure, PS3 has Killzone 2, and XBOX 360 has Halo 3, but what could Nintendo possibly have, right? Well, Shigeru Miyamoto has stated that there WILL be a game for each of its super famous characters (Mario, Samus, Link) and 2 will be available at launch....and even better, Nintendo is pushing to get Super Smash Bros 3 ready for launch. Now, that is alone makes me wanna get it. And for the record, I AM NOT A NINTENDO FANBOY!!! I have a PS2 and XBOX as well as a Gamecube, but in this round, Nintendo just seems to be the only one staying dedicated to gaming.

Oh, and for those of you who care, they released a SMALLER Gameboy Advance. Yes, smaller. As in be careful where your thumbs are, or you'll cover the entire screen small. An idea of how small it is, look at your credit card......yeah about that size......

And to people who missed me, sorry I been gone for so long, I was busy with work, and my personal studies. O.O.....do I still have my job as animator in the Game Crew??? You guys probably forgot all about me......
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2005-05-18, 07:04 PM in reply to Draco2003's post "Nintendo Revolution..."
Nobody cares about the 'revolution'. I think Nintendo should take the route of Sega and make games for the good consoles.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-05-18, 08:23 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Nobody cares about the 'revolution'. I..."
I wholeheartily agree with D3v for once.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2005-05-18, 10:14 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Nobody cares about the 'revolution'. I..."
Suckanut.
I care and I also think the downloadable games is an amsome idea. Ive heard rumors they are deciding on wether they want to make that option free or not. If they did it would be insane, but I doubt they will. Still...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-05-18, 10:45 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Nobody cares about the 'revolution'. I..."
Yes. Just because they don't make the kind of games YOU like, they must suck.

THe whole download thing would OWN.

Id be able to play super mario RPG and the Mega Man games again!!!!!! Oh oh, and those 8 bit mario games I used to play at the day care when I was younger!!!!!

Maybe I'll get the system when the price is reduced.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-05-19, 02:20 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Yes. Just because they don't make the..."
It can also play DVD's so it wont just be games. That downloading thing sounds awesome. Also IMO this is the best looking system yet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-05-19, 10:25 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Yes. Just because they don't make the..."
So many people will still mod which ever system they have in order to get those games it doesn't even matter that Nintendo are offering a downlaod of them.
"why I've gotta be one of the cool kids just to walk by/
- without being tripped, thrown down on the ground and kicked/
Insulting me for no reason, I was treated like shit/
The teachers let it happen/
I've even seen some of them teachers laughing/
That's why I had a smile on my face when I started blastin/" - Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin

Posted 2005-05-19, 11:35 AM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "So many people will still mod which..."
so your saying i can mod my GCN or my xbox right now and play megaman 4?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-05-19, 01:12 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "so your saying i can mod my GCN or my..."
Actually, yes you can mod your xbox. Don't know about a GCN.

My bro has a friend who has a modded Xbox that we sometimes borrow, has all the NES, SNES and a bunch of N64 roms on it, aswell as Xbox games and PS1 games. You can also rip Xbox games.
"why I've gotta be one of the cool kids just to walk by/
- without being tripped, thrown down on the ground and kicked/
Insulting me for no reason, I was treated like shit/
The teachers let it happen/
I've even seen some of them teachers laughing/
That's why I had a smile on my face when I started blastin/" - Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin

Posted 2005-05-19, 07:54 PM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "Actually, yes you can mod your xbox...."
I love the concept of the downloads. I still remember Mario Paint, funny shit. It'd be awesome if they came out with yet another Mario Kart soon. I love double-dash, I play it almost every night with my brother and my dad (he's actually not too bad either).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-05-20, 06:26 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I love the concept of the downloads. I..."
Here's some pics of the console itself.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-05-20, 01:08 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I love the concept of the downloads. I..."
Ohhh! Ohhh! I have that game still. + the mouse to go along with it!

This new nintendoo system looks like a portable cd drive O_o
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-05-20, 08:01 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Here's some pics of the console itself...."
Looks cool, but i'll probobly never buy a console after the whole, "Gamecube" incident.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2005-05-20, 08:12 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Here's some pics of the console itself...."
The only thing I have against Nintendo is that they tend to overly focus on their tried and true franchises instead of putting more energy into new ideas. They have come out with many creative new games but I could care less about another Mario Party or first-person Metroid game. Now a side-scroller I could get behind.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2005-05-20, 08:20 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "Looks cool, but i'll probobly never buy..."
well i personally like the idea of it "Just" playing games, because hopefully it will bring the cost of it down when compared to the other upcoming consoles. And the whole downloading games is the sweetest thing i have ever heard of as far as console gaming in a long ass time. I meand dam i still have my NES and still occasionally play it but it is getting old and sometimes i have to mess with it to get it to start games. One of my favorite NES games would have to be Battle Toads if you have played it before you know what i am talking about.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-05-20, 08:31 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "well i personally like the idea of it..."
I once played only Battletoads for 3 months and never beat it.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2005-05-20, 08:35 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "I once played only Battletoads for 3..."
What? how did you never beat it? I have played it for many hours just to beat it. The game is even better if you play it with a friend. Which Battle Toads game was it, because i think there were more than one.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-05-21, 12:27 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "What? how did you never beat it? I have..."
Yeah Pokemon stadium and Mario Party is only fun so many times....then it seriously gets old and the zip of playing it is gone.

I'm just waiting on a list of specs for the system/launch date/price/list of games for the launch before I make and rash decisions if I like it or not.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2005-05-22, 09:04 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah Pokemon stadium and Mario Party is..."
have you tried playing Super Smash Brothers Melee it totally kicks ass and has never lost it's "ZIP" it is what i consider the HALO of Game Cube.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2005-05-22, 10:56 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "have you tried playing Super Smash..."
Sarcasm on the pokemon stadium, but SSBM is pretty fun to play if you get around to it, it's just the fact that there is so much more you can do. Iuno, I don't have a gamecube but if I did that's what'd I'd be playing while i'm waiting for Zelda.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V