Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Advent Children
Posted 2006-04-30, 08:37 PM
Okay, first off let me say FFVII was a badass game and I'm a Square fan. But I don't see the point in Advent Children. I could not get into the story. Sure it looked good and the battles were cool but it had NO organized plot.

Maybe I need to play FFVII again...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2006-04-30, 08:54 PM in reply to Wed-G's post "Advent Children"
it seemed too short.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-05-04, 06:32 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "it seemed too short."
I thought it was sick.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2006-05-04, 08:58 PM in reply to Wed-G's post "Advent Children"
I'm buying it when I get my taxes back.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2006-05-05, 12:56 PM in reply to Wed-G's post "Advent Children"
Wed-G said:
Sure it looked good and the battles were cool but it had NO organized plot.
FF7 barely had an organized plot. Amidst the translation massacre and ambiguous nature of Sephiroth's desires, there wasn't a ton of plot development to be found.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2006-05-05, 01:26 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "FF7 barely had an organized plot. ..."
I turned it off before the end of the movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2006-05-05, 10:01 PM in reply to Wed-G's post "Advent Children"
I heard the animation was spectacular but the plot was a little bleh...

How long has this thing been in production for?

Side Note: 14,000
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-05-06, 03:14 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I heard the animation was spectacular..."
It was just eye candy. Fun to look at but that's all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2006-05-10, 05:01 AM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "It was just eye candy. Fun to look at..."
I found it to be really entertaining, but it gives you with a thirst for something a bit more. The lack of a plot really sucks .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-05-13, 11:27 PM in reply to Wed-G's post "Advent Children"
What's weird is most of the battles were more longer then the showdown with Sephiroth, it really bited, plus the showdown with Sephiroth was mostly scenes of talking and just Cloud getting to Sephiroth. This is a movie that cannot be understood by those who never played the game, or those who still played the game xD.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Led is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Led

Posted 2006-05-14, 10:50 PM in reply to Led's post starting "What's weird is most of the battles..."
This has the best fight scenes and CGI of anything that currently exists. The story isn't amazing?, ya well what the fuck do you expect trying to cram RPG type story into a 90 minute movie. Anyone who is complaining about this movie is a piece of shit, accept it for what it is. Fan service and a fucking amazing work of art.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bon Clay enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBon Clay enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Bon Clay

Posted 2006-05-15, 06:20 AM in reply to Bon Clay's post starting "This has the best fight scenes and CGI..."
Bon Clay said:
This has the best fight scenes and CGI of anything that currently exists.
The Matrix Reloaded fight scene with all the smiths in the courtyard... well that was CGI and it was a whole lot better then this advent children crap.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2006-05-15, 11:56 AM in reply to Bon Clay's post starting "This has the best fight scenes and CGI..."
Bon Clay said:
This has the best fight scenes and CGI of anything that currently exists. The story isn't amazing?, ya well what the fuck do you expect trying to cram RPG type story into a 90 minute movie. Anyone who is complaining about this movie is a piece of shit, accept it for what it is. Fan service and a fucking amazing work of art.
I'm sorry but you are quite the dumbass. There's nothing wrong with not liking something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2006-05-15, 06:08 PM in reply to Bon Clay's post starting "This has the best fight scenes and CGI..."
I accept it for the piece of shit that it is and the hundreds of thousands of fanboys it has produced.

All Hail Advent Children.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-05-16, 01:00 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "The Matrix Reloaded fight scene with..."
Sum Yung Guy said:
The Matrix Reloaded fight scene with all the smiths in the courtyard... well that was CGI and it was a whole lot better then this advent children crap.

Ya if you ignore the fact that it looked completely gay and that Keanu Reeves is a total cum dumpster I guess that fight scene was pretty good, you fucking idiot. I LOVE SLOW MO THE MATRIX IS SO KEWL MAN LAWL.

Fuck you, and fuck the Matrix it never should have had any sequels.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bon Clay enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBon Clay enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Bon Clay

Posted 2006-05-16, 01:15 PM in reply to Bon Clay's post starting "Ya if you ignore the fact that it..."
I didn't like it a bit. Basically they only went for graphic didn't pay attention to the story.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses

Posted 2006-05-24, 08:00 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "The Matrix Reloaded fight scene with..."
Sum Yung Guy said:
Man the Matrix reloaded sucked ass and that part of the movie was 15 mins of crap it was a fight that was way to long and to much of the moves looked the same. The fight between cloud and Sephiroh was a kick ass fight and the best of all fights and the fight was not to long or to short it was just right but thats just what I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
crazyeye is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencrazyeye is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

crazyeye

Posted 2006-05-24, 08:18 PM in reply to crazyeye's post starting "Man the Matrix reloaded sucked ass and..."
I personally think it was hella short. Like the movie itself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood