Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post best mf %?
Posted 2003-08-05, 07:03 PM
there used to be a thread about having a specific # of mf for finding good stuff. i cant find it anymore. anyone still have the chart?
(>'_'-)><(-'_'-)><(-'_'<)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DragonDPT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDragonDPT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DragonDPT

Posted 2003-08-05, 07:15 PM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
I think around 300-400 is all you really need, legitimately if you have more it's really hard to kill anything. Plus I'm sure there is a thing like this on diabloii.net but the site isn't working for me maybe you can look around there for it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-08-05, 07:17 PM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
I have 600~700% on a sorc and she does fine at Pindle. I toned it down to 500~600% when I do Meph run.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-08-05, 08:20 PM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
I agree with BB 300-400 is probably the best.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-05, 10:17 PM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
more = better.

If you bug (don't suggest it) you can hit 1200+ on a barb, and still do incrediable damage and have max res, 1000 on a sorc with again incrediable damage and max res..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-08-05, 10:20 PM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
More MF=More Magic items.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-05, 11:29 PM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
You can only find so much. 300~500 is all you need.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zman

Posted 2003-08-06, 12:00 AM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
`Insolence` said:
more = better.

If you bug (don't suggest it) you can hit 1200+ on a barb, and still do incrediable damage and have max res, 1000 on a sorc with again incrediable damage and max res..
I seen a Screeny of a zon with 2000+, I wish I had pic to show ya
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-08-06, 01:23 AM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
Yeah doesnt taht bugged bow got like 900, too bad zons are slow as shit at mfing though i suppose they can get faster than babas, but no way faster than a 12 sec pindle sorc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-08-06, 05:55 AM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
Nothing beats an MF sorc, and 2000 MF is too much to find anything but magics.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-06, 02:10 PM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
K first, when an item drops the game code decides whether it will be magic, than if its magic, it decides if it will bump up a step to rare, than to set, than to unique... more mf = more everything, your chances increase, thats all..

I think atleast, thats how it SHOULD work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-08-06, 04:03 PM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
Its rolled on best first, what the item it will be axe or shield or what ever, then if it is unique to rare to magic to normal.
I can't rememeber if it is the type of item first or grade of item, but the rest is correct.

500% MF is the best pay off, your break points after that give very little extra chance.

but ofc if you can get 1000% mf with max res and big damage it would be worth it, but you would maybe only have 10% more chance than me with 500%
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

0nyx

Posted 2003-08-06, 11:37 PM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
I thought that 1000% mf was only 3 times better than 100% mf but that's what I got from a program.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-08-07, 02:02 PM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
% of MF chance of set chance of unique
250% 215% 193%
300% 242%211%
400% 287%236%
500%322% 253%
750% 382%280%
1000% 421%295%

Sorry it's set out badly not sure what to use to space things

Last edited by 0nyx; 2003-08-07 at 02:08 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

0nyx

Posted 2003-08-07, 02:14 PM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
Code:
 % of MF   chance of set   chance of unique
 250%      215%            193% 
 300%      242%            211% 
 400%      287%            236% 
 500%      322%            253% 
 750%      382%            280% 
1000%      421%            295%

There we go.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2003-08-07 at 02:18 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-07, 02:35 PM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
So I was right. I was talking about uniques by the way. 100% mf = 100% greater of unique, 1000% = 295% greater of unique.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

badboy

Posted 2003-08-07, 02:59 PM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
295 is always better than 100.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-07, 05:29 PM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
I was proving the point that it's only 3 times better not 10 times. And from 100% mf to 500% mf = 153% better chance. From 500% to 1000% = 42% better chance. That's why after 500% it's really a waste, cause LEGITIMATELY you cannot do very well killing wise if you have so much mf.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

badboy

Posted 2003-08-08, 07:40 AM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
aii. thx
(>'_'-)><(-'_'-)><(-'_'<)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DragonDPT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDragonDPT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DragonDPT

Posted 2003-08-10, 08:52 PM in reply to DragonDPT's post "best mf %?"
I got my sorc and didnt find shit for a month then i finally hit 800+ mf and ive been finding 2+ elite uniques a day. id say the more the better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Umpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUmpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Umpc