Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

The Diablo III refund thread!
Posted 2012-06-20, 08:56 AM
OK, I'll start.

---

Subject: Refund request

Chruser | 22 minutes ago

Hello,

Due to a number of disagreeable design decisions, mostly related to the mechanics of the Auction House taking the fun out of the perquisition for items (and the game in general), I am requesting a refund for Diablo III.

Your Order From Blizzard - #57139931

===========================================
Purchase Receipt
===========================================
[...]

---

Fhlarny | 11 minutes ago
Customer Service Representative

Hello there,

After an extensive review of the circumstance you have described, we have determined that the account zelaron@gmail.com does not qualify for a refund.

You have had the game for a long time and been active in game during this period. Refunds have to be requested very early on after buying it to qualify for one and sadly that is not the case here.

If you feel that we may have reached this conclusion in error, please reply to this ticket.

Regards,

English Game Master Team
Blizzard Europe

---

Chruser | 0 minutes ago

Hello,

Thank you for your extensive review of my circumstances. What are the minimum requirements for "active in game during this period"?

I have deliberately waited for 30 days from the date of purchase to file a refund, which is considerably longer than the amount of time I was "active in game during this period".

---

I don't have any high hopes for my request being accepted, but I'm curious as to whether I'll receive any specific information about the requirements for a refund.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2012-06-20, 09:01 AM in reply to Chruser's post "The Diablo III refund thread!"
Supposedly a lot of people are calling their credit card companies and having the companies do a chargeback. According to most of them, if you tell them you were victim of a "bait and switch" they will return your money.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-06-20, 09:24 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Supposedly a lot of people are calling..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Supposedly a lot of people are calling their credit card companies and having the companies do a chargeback. According to most of them, if you tell them you were victim of a "bait and switch" they will return your money.

Ah, that sounds like a useful strategy. Anyway, I received more detailed information in a response to my support ticket:

---

Yubalkkor | 7 minutes ago
Customer Service Representative

Hey there,

I apologise for the long wait but we've got a lot of questions about D3 at the moment.

In order to be able to offer a refund, the request needs to be made within 72 hours after the game was bought. Unfortunately in this case the time has passed now and this is why we can't refund the game anymore.

Regards,
Yubalkkor

English Game Master Team
Blizzard Europe

---

Chruser | 0 minutes ago

Hello,

Okay, I'll be sure to make my refund request for the next Blizzard game within 72 hours and ensure that I'm not "active in game" during this period of time, if I want a refund for it.

Thanks for your assistance!

---

I'm sure it should be easy enough to find a rational reason to dislike a game without playing it. I'd hate to risk being considered active in the "long time" of 72 hours and having my refund rights revoked!
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2012-06-20 at 09:27 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2012-06-20, 09:25 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Supposedly a lot of people are calling..."
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...9449545?page=7

A lot of people are calling their banks trying to get a refund on the IAS items they bought off the RMAH.

I really wish Diablo III was a good game. The only good thing that resulted out of all this is that the idea of a RMAH has failed, thus preventing it (hopefully) from ever weaseling its way into any other high profile video games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2012-06-20, 09:31 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5..."
I don't think the RMAH is the problem. Blizzard has designed the game in such a way that promotes using it, almost to the point of requiring it, and they will continue to make changes that make your purchases worthless therefore trying to get you to use it again. If they weren't using such tactics, it would be a useful tool IMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-06-20, 09:53 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't think the RMAH is the problem. ..."
Blizzard has designed the game in such a way that promotes using [the AH], almost to the point of requiring it, and they will continue to make changes that make your purchases worthless therefore trying to get you to use it again.

This is probably true. You'd think that the 12 years of development time since D2, and the experience with making the world's most popular MMORPG, would make Blizzard think through their item and gold sinks better.

Seriously, how could anyone in their right mind think that essentially one gold sink (crafting), and the band-aid you mentioned, would be good enough?

(I've intentionally omitted a few sinks like the cost of repairing items, because it's not really an issue unless you play terribly, IMAO. Getting killed isn't an investment.)

What should be done is to add incentives for players to get rid of gold and items when there's too much of it in the economy (duh). Keeping RMAH prices high is of course an incentive for sellers, but it wouldn't be in the interest of the individual player to get rid of his own gold and items solely to this end. Instead, letting players reduce the supply of others would be one possible solution (think hardcore PvP), but I guess this isn't EVE...

Last edited by Chruser; 2012-06-20 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Yes!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2012-06-20, 11:38 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "This is probably true. You'd think that..."
Quote:
If you purchased the game, you can get it refunded as long as the receipt shows the purchase date in the last 30 days at the time a refund is requested. If the game was added to your account via the World of Warcraft Annual Pass there's nothing that can be refunded as it was never purchased.
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150109977#9

Quote:
You have the right to withdraw from a contract within 14 calendar days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire 14 days after the day of the conclusion of the contract.
http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...rmsofsale.html

Yubalkkor, Customer Service Representative said:
In order to be able to offer a refund, the request needs to be made within 72 hours after the game was bought.

Abundantly clear refund policy...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2012-07-08, 02:19 PM in reply to Chruser's post "The Diablo III refund thread!"
It looks like Diabo III may be the biggest letdown of the decade, but the new Elder Scrolls Online may topple it. Of course it is early in the decade, there is plenty of time for contenders.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2012-07-08, 05:25 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "It looks like Diabo III may be the..."
Even more so than Duke Nukem Forever?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-07-08, 06:33 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Even more so than Duke Nukem Forever?"
D3 is a much bigger letdown.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-07-08, 07:01 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "D3 is a much bigger letdown."
Agreed. Especially since it came out and had such potential. Then blizz destroyed it.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-07-09, 02:41 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Agreed. Especially since it came out..."
Well sheeeeeeee-it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-07-10, 01:35 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "It looks like Diabo III may be the..."
S2 AM said: [Goto]
It looks like Diabo III may be the biggest letdown of the decade, but the new Elder Scrolls Online may topple it. Of course it is early in the decade, there is plenty of time for contenders.
I really want ESO to succeed, but I'm pretty sure it will suck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2012-07-10, 04:24 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "I really want ESO to succeed, but I'm..."
Why do you think it will suck? I've barely heard anything about it and it isn't supposed to be released until next year. What are you basing your opinion on?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-07-11, 12:20 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Why do you think it will suck? I've..."
Why do you think it will suck? I've barely heard anything about it and it isn't supposed to be released until next year. What are you basing your opinion on?
They've been going downhill since Morrowind as far as gameplay is concerned so it should come as no surprise that faith in Bethesda would be wavering. I want it to succeed more than anyone else, but it's going to be like Diablo. People will have such high expectations and then Bethesda will only deliver a mediocre product that only barely reaches the stated design features.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2012-07-11, 12:59 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "They've been going downhill since..."
If you think Oblivion or Skyrim are mediocre, you're smoking crack. Skyrim is probably the best game I've played in the past few years, easily.

Most people who seem to be making the claim that TES Online will suck are making the argument based on the presumption that "all MMORPGs suck." I don't really think that's a valid argument, unless you are assuming that they will make an MMORPG exactly like the rest, and even then the argument is based on an assumption.

Of course, I'm not making the argument that it WON'T suck. It very well might. And if you didn't like Oblivion or Skyrim, it probably will suck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-07-11, 04:16 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Why do you think it will suck? I've..."
The combat system doesn't seem very Elder Scrolls-like. Zenimax Studios has little experience. The game won't look as pretty as Skyrim. Plus, the whole Elder Scrolls series revolves around mods IMO.

Skyrim is awesome mainly because of mods. I still play the game today. And Morrowind. Oblivion I haven't touched in a year.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

NonGayMan

Posted 2012-07-12, 10:38 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "The combat system doesn't seem very..."
Mods make or break a game for me. Some of my favorite games (Diablo II, EVN, Minecraft) Have their story line, then after that you move onto mods. Tons and tons of playthroughs with completely different styles.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin