Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

View Poll Results: Which would you like to see debated
For vs Against: The legalization of Marijuana 10 50.00%
For vs Against: Lowering the drinking age to 18 2 10.00%
Agree or Disagree: Democracy is the superior form of government 6 30.00%
For vs Against: Raise the age needed to get one's driver's license from 16 to 18. 1 5.00%
Agree vs Disagree: Our government is on the fast track to becoming the next Nazi Germany. 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Debate topic vote
Posted 2007-04-08, 12:17 AM
Which would you like to see debated?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-04-08, 12:49 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Debate topic vote"
I accidently voted for the wrong one. I voted for "For vs Against: The legalization of Marijuana" and I meant to vote for "Agree or Disagree: Democracy is the superior form of government"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-08, 01:02 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I accidently voted for the wrong one. ..."
Same ...I could actually debate for or against democracy being the superior form of government, and have some fun with it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-08, 01:20 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Debate topic vote"
I voted for the last one - simply so I can see what you guys say about it.

#1 doesn't interest me, #2 is true in Britain anyway, #3 could be interesting, and #4 doesn't interest me (17 for Britain).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-08, 01:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I accidently voted for the wrong one. ..."
Weren't sup mods able to edit polls before?

I cant switch the vote, or maybe I don't remember how. I chose one though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-04-08, 01:40 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Weren't sup mods able to edit polls..."
I dont like any of them. But, they'll have to do
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2007-04-08, 03:12 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "I dont like any of them. But, they'll..."
The first one was debated hevaly at lunch between my friends and I the other day. I would like to see if you guys would put up as good a fight for it.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2007-04-08, 07:58 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Debate topic vote"
From the looks of things, #1 is winning, however it IS a debate we know too many here will be for.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-04-08, 08:48 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Debate topic vote"
Screw number one I hear about it all the damn time. Number two was okay it's something I've chewed on for a while now. Number three sounded the most fun. Number four is common sense. Number five is like borderline treason in the minds of people who think it so only foreign people will admit to picking it or even dare to pick it since they aren't afraid of their own govt.

Anyways I picked three because I wanted to see what some of the top debate section visitors have to say about it.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-04-08, 09:23 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "From the looks of things, #1 is..."
Not necessarily. People will probably join the other side just for the debate aspect. I bet we have some straight-edge folks in here, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-04-08, 09:59 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Not necessarily. People will probably..."
Like I was a year ago?

I will say it'll be an interesting debate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-04-09, 12:16 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Like I was a year ago? I will say..."
Eh, I hate drugs but I'd be for legalization to get the money out of the pockets of the cartels.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-09, 10:51 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Eh, I hate drugs but I'd be for..."
Zelaron will corrupt you eventually.

Also, the debate about democracy is one I'd look forward as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-04-09, 11:20 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Zelaron will corrupt you eventually. ..."
I'd like democracy more myself ...I know half the people here are potheads =P. I'd probably be for legalization since the alternative would be sentencing drug offenders to death. I think that's the only other way we'll be able to control it some.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-09, 01:27 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'd like democracy more myself ...I..."
Sentencing them to death would be a grievous mistake.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-04-09, 01:31 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Sentencing them to death would be a..."
One thing I think would be interesting to debate would be the practice of eugenics. Perhaps next time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-04-09, 01:56 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "One thing I think would be interesting..."
Sometimes I wonder if eugenics is needed to ensure the survival of our species. Then I'm reminded that intelligence has always been a less common trait. I understand why the electoral college and other such implementations were made by our forefathers ...but still people nowadays just don't care about their nation just as long as the national decisions don't effect them (which they pretty much always do.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-09, 02:32 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "The first one was debated hevaly at..."
Asamin said:
The first one was debated hevaly at lunch between my friends and I the other day. I would like to see if you guys would put up as good a fight for it.
That was... two weeks ago... Memory issues?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2007-04-09, 02:55 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Sometimes I wonder if eugenics is..."
Willkillforfood said:
Sometimes I wonder if eugenics is needed to ensure the survival of our species. Then I'm reminded that intelligence has always been a less common trait. I understand why the electoral college and other such implementations were made by our forefathers ...but still people nowadays just don't care about their nation just as long as the national decisions don't effect them (which they pretty much always do.)
I personally would be against it. If we ever do debate that, that's one I'd definitely like to participate in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-04-09, 07:46 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I personally would be against it. If we..."
I chose the drinking age, but im up for a debate in any of them. I have debated the drinking age before so its the one topic have have knowledge about, but i would more then happy to research anything else
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY