Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Posted 2006-04-24, 10:12 AM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "ya, it costs 1000000% more o_O"
Even though they look pretty damn nice, Merc's are more of a Ladies Car. Unless it's the Merc/Mclaren SLR.

http://web.bentley.edu/students/t/tariq_zoha/13894.jpe

Man alive, is that a car and a half.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-24, 10:14 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Even though they look pretty damn nice,..."
It looks like a shark.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-04-24, 10:22 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "It looks like a shark."
And, damn, does it eat up the road!

Costs half a million dollars, 617bhp, V8 Supercharged engine, with a 0-62mph acceleration in 3.8 seconds and a top speed of 208mph.

Hit the top speed, slam the brakes on (giant ceramic break discs), and they quite literally turn red from the friction.

Now, the question is: That, or Sov's Lexus? I know what I'd go for.

---

Or, if you could, what about this? Needs no introduction.

Feast your eyes upon this 1001bhp beauty:

http://www.motordesktop.com/wallpape...201024x768.jpg

Last edited by Lenny; 2006-04-24 at 10:27 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-24, 10:26 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "And, damn, does it eat up the road! ..."
Hahaha what is that ugly piece of shit!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-04-24, 10:28 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Hahaha what is that ugly piece of shit!!"
The Bugatti?! Ugly?!!

You, sir, are a traitor to mankind!!

Bugatti Veyron - the fastest road car ever made.

Costs £800,000 ($1,700,000) to buy, £5million (nearly $9million) to build.

1001bhp, W16 Quad-Turbocharged engine, 0-60mph in a hell of a lot less than 3 seconds, and a top speed of 253mph.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-24, 10:41 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "The Bugatti?! Ugly?!! :eek: You,..."
It still looks like something I would use to hold garbage.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2006-04-24, 10:43 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "It still looks like something I would..."
Still, a lot of people would recognise that car.

You'd be more popular than you could ever imagine! Small price to pay for driving around in the worlds fastest "dustbin".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-24, 12:06 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Still, a lot of people would recognise..."
The SLR is such a bad ass car, it makes me wish I was rich.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-04-24, 12:19 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "ya, it costs 1000000% more o_O"
Lexus aren't that cheap imo, lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-04-24, 12:37 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Still, a lot of people would recognise..."
One thing breaks on that car its going to cost 1,000 to repair. Pointless to have such an overpowered, ugly, and expensive car when you cant even really use it to it's potential.

The fastest I've driven was 120 mph in a 98 bmw 328I and the fuckign thing was getting pushed around by the wind like it was paper. I wouldn't do it again XD
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-04-24, 03:49 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "One thing breaks on that car its going..."
Ugly?! I don't know what they put in American water, but that car is beautiful! Both of them are.

None of you are appreciating what the car has achieved. It's the fastest production car on the road. Not only has it broken 1000bhp, but it's also the fastest thing out there. The engineering on it has to be absolutely perfect, else it won't work. Imagine having the balance wrong at 253mph - you'd flip for sure. And what about if the engine couldn't handle the power? You'd be driving an expensive timebomb. Looks aren't everything.

But I suppose I'll have to let you off...you've probably never seen more than 3 episodes of Top Gear, let alone any of the episodes with these cars in them.

And if you've got a privately owned place to let it go out at full whack, well, there you go. Some of it's potential has been used.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-24, 04:09 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Ugly?! I don't know what they put in..."
The most beautiful cars are American 1950s style.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2006-04-25, 01:00 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "The most beautiful cars are American..."
Mercedes CLK 55 AMG 4 t w. I'm sure it could get to 1000+ hp after spending less than 9 mil.

EDIT: Oh and to Sov's problem. Most likely what was happening was the oil wasn't lubricating the engine as it should have been and as such was causing friction which would cause the rpms to drop faster than normal.

Last edited by pr0xy; 2006-04-25 at 01:03 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2006-04-25, 01:24 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Mercedes CLK 55 AMG 4 t w. I'm sure it..."
That Merc looks just like every other Merc.

Even Sharky looks better than that...but then again, Sharky is one helluva nice looking car.

What about Audi's? I've always liked Audi's, especially the TT.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-04-25, 07:03 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "The most beautiful cars are American..."
I like the early to late 90's look. all these new cars look bleh to me.

I dotn see why people want 1000 hp engines. My dad's car has a 302hp in it and it flys when you press the gas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-04-26, 03:28 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "That Merc looks just like every other..."
Yes and guess what lenny. The CLK55 AMG is beautiful. Besides its not the looks. Its the engine its packin under the hood =]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy