Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Zelaron Clan
Posted 2004-09-26, 10:21 PM
Is there one? If not, I propose making one.

There is no reason why Zelaron can't be one of the most powerful clans out on the internet. We have a fairly large base of members, but no so large as to where the number becomes overwhelming. We have some pretty skilled D2 players, as well as generous D2 players. I know this has been talked about before previously, but I think that it's important that if we do decide to implement this idea, then those who join the clan take this seriously.

Why make a clan?

That's a fair question. First off, when you play with a group of people that you know or like then the game usually become more fun. I know many of the D2 players here play together already, so why not formally unify ourselves and become a clan? It would make the game more fun to play, it would probably make the game easier to play when we have a large support group, and on top of that, I think we can make trading easier, if you listen to my next idea. I suggest that we set up a clan economy, seperate from the rest of the D2 world. I believe that is an original idea, and if implemented correctly, it can be mutually beneficial to everyone who is in the clan.

I also suggest that we make all members equal. There will be no ranking of members. Ranking members always creates discord in clans. The only "special positions" I suggest are moderator, regulator, treasurer, and the COT. I will go into detail of what each of the special people do later.

How and why would we set up an economy?

Well, I know that there is no official currency in D2, so everything relies on bartering, and trading. Trading can get tedious, especially with the plethora of immature kids on D2. I suggest that we introduce a formal currency into our clan, and try to keep trade within the clan as much as possible.

It will be the treasurer's job to come up with a currency, and go through and assign seperate items a number value based on that currency. I suggest that our currency and items be worth about as much as they would be outside the clan, otherwise I think our economy will fail. Once the treasurer has decided on a currency, it will be the job of our members to try and keep trade inside the clan as much as possible. It would also be best for our members to try and keep the prices that they sell at as close to the value that the treasurer has set. This will allow this idea to take off. I'm not saying you have to cut off trade with the outside completely, I'm just saying that it would be best if you try to trade with people inside the clan first.

I also suggest starting our own 'bank,' also a responsibility of the treasurer. If you need currency, you trade in your item with the treasurer. To be able to maintain a bank, I suggest that we implement a small tax, paid every week or so, also decided by the treasurer; but it should be approved by the members as well. This tax is what will keep the bank and economy going. One important duty of the bank will be to help newer D2 players, and people who have had their items stolen. I can expand on this idea more in the morning if you would like me to.

Requirements to get into the clan:

1.) You must have at least a hundred (exact number subject to change) posts at Zelaron, and have been a Zelaron member for at least a month. This will gurantee that new members don't just sporadically decide to join and leave the clan and take advantage of it.

2.) You must be willing to pay the tax.

3.) You must be willing to follow all rules.

Responsibilities of the treasurer:

As stated above, the treasurer will be in charge of maintaining the bank and assigning values to items. He will collect taxes. He will be probably the most important person to geting this idea going. I say we make a moderator, or trusted member at this board. My suggestion is either Volls, BlackshdwDragon, or Sov. The treasurer will be treasurer as long as he would like to be, and does his job sufficiently. He can be overthrown if an overwhelming majority of our members (say 4/5 of them) don't like what he's doing. He can be impeached if he misuses his powers. The COT will watch the treasurer to make sure he doesn't misuse his powers.

Rules for treasurer:

The treasurer must follow all rules that a regular member would follow. They are not exempt from the tax. They are not allowed to use "money" from the bank. They can only trade it. As stated above, is they do misuse their powers, they can be impeached.

Responsibilites of the Moderator:

The moderator will be in charge of giving D2 players membership, and he will maintain the clan channel. All members must meet all the requisites to be members. The moderator can not simply give someone membership because they are friends with them. They can also expel members if a member consistently misbehaves. The moderator also has a big responsibility, so once again, I suggest that this is either Volls, BlackShdwDragon, or Sov. Moderator keeps his job as long as he likes, or until he breaks the rules.

The moderator must follow all rules that a regular member would. He isn't exempt from taxes. A moderator may be impeached if an overwhelming majority wants it, or if he misuses his powers.

Responsibilities of Regulator:

Discord within clans is usually the downfall of a clan. It's the regulator's job to make sure that all disputes are congenially solved. If two members refuse to agree to any of the regulator's suggestions, then the case will be passed on to the moderator, and the moderator may choose to expel those members. Once again, I reccomend Volls, BlackShdwDragon, or Sov for the job. The regulator will keep his job as long as he likes, or until he breaks the rules.

The regulator must follow all rules that a regular member would. He isn't exempt from taxes. A regulator may be impeached if an overwhelming majority wants it, or if he misuses his powers.

COT:

COT stands for checks on treasurer. His job is to make sure that the treasurer isn't misusing his power. Unlike our previous offices, I suggest that the COT be voted in by the members monthly. No COT should serve two or more consecutive terms. This is to make sure that there is no secret cahoots between the treasurer and the COT.

The COT must follow all rules that a regular member would. He isn't exempt from taxes. A COT may be impeached if an overwhelming majority wants it, or if he misuses his powers.

Duties of Members:

Try to be an honest member. I believe that Zelaron has enough honest people to make most of this clan work based on honesty. It's your duty to help out your fellow members. If a member needs a rush, and you have time on your hands, then go for it. If one of your fellow member's items have been stolen, help them out. If one of your fellow members is being PKd in a game, then go and kick some ass. It's your duty to be a good member. Also, you should try and trade within the clan as much as possible. This will help the clan's economy grow. It's your job to pay the tax. If there is discord amongst two members, you should try to help them out. If there is discord between you and another member of the clan, try and listen to the regulator's advice. Try to stay in the clan channel as much as possible. Most of all, have fun doing this. If you want to leave, it's your choice, just let the moderator know.

That's it, I guess. Tell me what you guys think. How should I change it? Also, if a moderator likes this idea, please say so because there's a much bigger chance of this actually happening if a moderator approves and stickies this idea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-26, 10:25 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Zelaron Clan"
I know I don't have 100 posts, but I'd be up for this. It would be nice to have a trusted group to trade with and do baal runs, etc.. with. I've been around here for a while, I just don't post that often.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kbrandz is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkbrandz is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kbrandz

Posted 2004-09-26, 11:31 PM in reply to kbrandz's post starting "I know I don't have 100 posts, but I'd..."
I love ya mjordan, but this won't work.

I admire you trying it, once again, regardless of the opposition in your way. (morons)

I'll gladly join.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-09-27, 02:02 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "I love ya mjordan, but this won't work...."
I'll join just because trading on bnet sux.....theres some really heavy rip off artists on bnet......you have my committment......I'll rather play in this clan...

d
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dam

Posted 2004-09-27, 05:07 AM in reply to dam's post starting "I'll join just because trading on bnet..."
Id Join... If After My Inciddent.. U Guys Would Still Let Me Join
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-09-27, 01:52 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Zelaron Clan"
It sounds interesting, but I likely won't be involved in D2 for much longer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-27, 02:14 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Zelaron Clan"
i'll join even though i dont have d2 installed right now, but i'll gladly get it up and running.
ins :wave:

btw get at me via aim: eellis2132
easiest way
need a lod cdkey
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
eellis2132 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeneellis2132 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

eellis2132

Posted 2004-09-27, 10:10 PM in reply to eellis2132's post starting "i'll join even though i dont have d2..."
So none of the mods want to carry through with this?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-27, 10:12 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "So none of the mods want to carry..."
I'll help get it up but I dont want to be a big part of it. My days of clans are over.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-09-27, 10:13 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I'll help get it up but I dont want to..."
Sovereign said:
I'll help get it up but I dont want to be a big part of it. My days of clans are over.
What about Black, or Insolence? We need a couple of very trusted members to help set it up. After that, I think it would fall into place by itself if we stuck to it. I would take charge of it myself, but I haven't touched D2 in so long.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-27, 10:16 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "What about Black, or Insolence? We need..."
Get it installed. You are by far the most motivated thus far.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-09-27, 10:18 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "What about Black, or Insolence? We need..."
Ill join, even tho i hate clans, Zelaron is an Exception..

and maybe,, maybe we could have the other forums in it as well, so it isnt only d2..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2004-09-27, 10:18 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Get it installed. You are by far the..."
That would require installing a whole 'nother OS on my computer. And if I decided to do that, I want to make sure that this thing would at least start up, otherwise I'd be pissed if I had to install Windows for nothing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-27, 10:19 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "Ill join, even tho i hate clans,..."
PureRebel said:
Ill join, even tho i hate clans, Zelaron is an Exception..

and maybe,, maybe we could have the other forums in it as well, so it isnt only d2..
What do you mean by "other forums."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-27, 10:19 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "That would require installing a whole..."
LoL~
(10 char)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2004-09-27, 11:46 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "Ill join, even tho i hate clans,..."
PureRebel said:
maybe we could have the other forums in it as well,
What are these, "other forums" you speak of? There is only Zelaron.

To be honest, in respect to the idea, I would be inactive considering the game is boring me to death (and I'm poor to boot). I don't play the game much at all, and I will likely quit completely when WoW hits.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-28, 12:31 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "What are these, "other forums" you..."
i mean the other different Game forums in Zel Like StarCraft Etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

PureRebel

Posted 2004-09-28, 08:32 AM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "i mean the other different Game forums..."
There are about 5 good starcraft gamers on this website, and none of them would join
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-09-28, 08:51 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Zelaron Clan"
Wasn't there a Zelaron Clan before but it failed?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-09-28, 09:25 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Wasn't there a Zelaron Clan before but..."
KoZ

I actually saw someone with a KoZ tag on their character a few months ago.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker